My friend Mike cruised by in his 1940s Chevrolet...

keiser31

My first love.  Met her on my paper route in 1976.

She belonged to Miss Smith, my father's second grade teacher.

In 1948 Miss Smith traded in her trusty Model A for the second, and only other, car she ever owned.

I saw the car a few years ago at a cruise night.  It had been treated to a modest maroon paint job and a woodie kit..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keiser31 said:

My friend/barber cruised by our home yesterday....

IMG_1480 (2).JPG

You friend/barber Mike has a great car.    Some on this forum will object to the accessories, however all were available except the wheel covers n 1940.

Not you grandmothers second grade teachers car, but it could have been her boyfriends car.  I love it.

• Like 1

Great shot, love the car. When my older brother was in HS he drove a 53 chevy 2 dr, but this was the car that he wanted. I went on many trips with him trying to chase one down. We never did find a suitable candidate, and his 53 was eventually relegated to the back field during his senior year of college.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Smolinski said:

Where are the skirts, curb feelers, and all the other doodads I see on most of these?

The skirts are there if you look closer. It may have curb feelers as Mike LOVES to dress up his cars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keiser31 said:

The skirts are there if you look closer. It may have curb feelers as Mike LOVES to dress up his cars.

BTW, what is that attachment on the front fender right above the tire? I'm guessing that 90 million other people know what is and I'm the only one who doesn't, but what the heck...I'll ask anyway. 😄

Beautiful car!! One of nicest looking Chevy designs of all time, in my opinion.

its a thing to stick up and show you where the edge of the fender is. I would have expected to see it on the other side of the car, but there could be some other reason I guess. I've never had one. It just looks to me like something would get hooked on it somehow and bend the fender or crack it. Fenders tend to crack at that spot anyway.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JamesR said:

BTW, what is that attachment on the front fender right above the tire? I'm guessing that 90 million other people know what is and I'm the only one who doesn't, but what the heck...I'll ask anyway. 😄

Beautiful car!! One of nicest looking Chevy designs of all time, in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Bloo said:

its a thing to stick up and show you where the edge of the fender is. I would have expected to see it on the other side of the car, but there could be some other reason I guess. I've never had one. It just looks to me like something would get hooked on it somehow and bend the fender or crack it. Fenders tend to crack at that spot anyway.

It is called a fender guide.

• Like 2

Seems I read somewhere that the term 'red neck' had to do with identification of coal miners.

When the unions were up and coming the sympathizers would wear a red scarf for identity. (might have been the other way around).

Pennsylvania I believe.

Of coarse it has morphed into some southern racial thing now like a lot of other Americana.

Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.