1970 Duster 340 4 Speed with AC

Am I the only guy here that loves these early 70s Duster/Demon Mopars with the 340/Stick?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224475360800

https://barnfinds.com/sharp-older-restoration-1970-plymouth-duster-340/

Match Number 1970 Duster 340 4 Speed with factory AC , Reportedly one of 200. I bought this as a stalled project about15 years ago. Since then I did what was needed with rotisserie ,Quarters drivers front floor pan  ,interior,exhaust, bumpers, top, paint, tires  and the other 100 things a 50+ year old car needs. Don't have build sheet or under hood tag,  But Vin. on cowl , door tag, rear pan, engine ,transmission ,are all the same. Rear is the Original 8 3/4 small bolt pattern.

Factory Flat Washer Welded to the K frame still there (340). Original yellow ,black top ,floor Mat , bench seat , 4 Torque box car. When I bought this , air breather,  hood ,dash cluster and radiator were missing .It now has a correct Rally dash with aftermarket tach , 120 speedo., correct radio. AC is complete with all the impossible to find 70 340 parts except one small pipe asm. is was rusted. I freshened the Engine , it is std. ,std. with original pistons carb, distributor , even
exhaust manifold gasket /heat shields ,and front pipes.  I converted it to single piston disc. (still has original rotors), power steering with OEM parts, 4 row
aluminum radiator . Only change I made from original was a small,  mild solid lifter cam and adjustable 273rockers, because I liked the sound of the solids in the Boss 302s and Z28s I'v had.  Original 4 speed cam ,rockers ,new lifters ,valve covers go with. I bought this as a Real car ,and still believe it is. I have done over a hundred cars in the 50 Years I have been in business always tried to do things the best way. When I finish cars they sit in our shop and I move to next project ,so this has been driven about 50 miles in the past 10 Years, and could use a little detailing and sorting. Getting old thinning  collection  of parts and cars. Located in S Jersey near 95,295,Turnpike. Call6094200039all checks have to clear My bank before release. Reserve is LOW, Not ending Early.  You Must have a Good EBay rating to bid or I will Cancel .Thanks

Duster340.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

A good-running Duster 340 was probably a car that kept the 440 Challengers on their toes.

They were available with the Hemi. The Hemi Duster would just run over the Challenger's toes. There was one at a local cruise on University Avenue in St. Paul, MN. Visited with the owner; he bought it new. It was awesome, black/black and badass.

Not a Duster fan but this one is super cool. A nice drivetrain 340 4 bbl with a 4 speed. Love it!

GLWTS

5 hours ago, alsancle said:

Am I the only guy here that loves these early 70s Duster/Demon Mopars with the 340/Stick?

Not at all! This guy was my hero when I was 14 in the early '70's. All the other kids liked Joe Namath.

77677170770f3da1c6f0200ed737157b.jpg

vanke2.jpg

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I love these. Friend in high school had a Duster, but slant 6 and three on the tree. Still had fun in it. 

Coincidentally, I saw this one yesterday. https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/schenectady-1974-plymouth-duster-340/7330020104.html

image.jpeg.fc4399a27c4d9ae43979874bffde075d.jpeg

Looks like another nice one. Sunroof is pretty rare. Price makes me wonder if it is for real. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

I love these. Friend in high school had a Duster, but slant 6 and three on the tree. Still had fun in it. 

Coincidentally, I saw this one yesterday. https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/schenectady-1974-plymouth-duster-340/7330020104.html

image.jpeg.fc4399a27c4d9ae43979874bffde075d.jpeg

Looks like another nice one. Sunroof is pretty rare. Price makes me wonder if it is for real. 

Might be a "tribute" car, but at that price, who cares?

• Like 1