For Sale: 1931 LaSalle town sedan - $5,995 - Brookfield, CT - Project - Not Mine - Still Available, Price $6,500: September 2021:

For Sale: 1931 LaSalle town sedan - $5,995 - Brookfield, CT - Project - Still Available, Price $6,500: September 2021: see new link below.

Lasalle - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

1931 LaSalle close coupled town sedan. Dual side mounts stone guard etc. same motor as small Cadillac. Needs complete restoration interior just seat springs and needs wood work. Big 134 inch wheel base. 19 inch wire wheels. 

Contact: The best way to reach me is at home between 9pm and midnight at 1 (203) 7-7-five-two-zero-8-8.
Copy and paste in your email:  e69b537b00783b0e93cb1f794f8c2667@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1931 LaSalle town sedan - Project

'31 Lasalle project-parts CT a.jpg

'31 Lasalle project-parts CT b.jpg

'31 Lasalle project-parts CT c.jpg

'31 Lasalle project-parts CT d.jpg

'31 Lasalle project-parts CT e.jpg

'31 Lasalle project-parts CT f.jpg

'31 Lasalle project-parts CT g.jpg

'31 Lasalle project-parts CT h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price $6,500: September 2021: (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, suchan said:

Sharp car. Whole lotta work, though.

It’s not even a parts car.........and priced three times too high. Ever try and sell LaSalle parts? 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, edinmass said:

It’s not even a parts car.........and priced three times too high. Ever try and sell LaSalle parts? 

On the other hand; ever try to find LaSalle parts?

Notice the ancient control on the steering column and the hitch.

Somebody used this thing to tow a trailer. When would they have done that 1940?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, suchan said:

On the other hand; ever try to find LaSalle parts?

Yup, not too difficult if you know the in crowd. 

Cannot quite make out tag on license plate, it looks like 50 to me but cannot be as that style plate is too new.  I suspect outside storage ruined a car that had survived long enough to make it well into collectible status.

I am with Ed on this one, looking carefully it may yeild a few bits here and there but it is yard art as long as one can look at it without being pissed someone let a nice clubby deteriorate that badly.  I would struggle with that...

• Like 2

Posted this primarily to cue those searching for a parts car with wire wheels and sidemounts hardware to transfer to their roadster or phaeton not so already equipped.   Shame that an attractive club sedan was allow to deteriorate to this state.

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Posted this primarily to cue those searching for a parts car with wire wheels and sidemounts hardware to transfer to their roadster or phaeton not so already equipped.   Shame that an attractive club sedan was allow to deteriorate to this state.

Chuckling, I just missed a set of non sidemount fenders this week, just a half hour away! 🙁  Thinking of going to a single rear mounted spare for a cleaner look....  That said I totally get the motivation, someone, somewhere can use those!

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1931 LaSalle town sedan - $5,995 - Brookfield, CT - Project - Not Mine - Still Available, Price $6,500: September 2021:

Still Available, Price $6,500: September 2021:

1931 LaSalle Town Sedan - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Older owner thinning the herd. I'm selling it for him as he's not computer savvy.   These were a helluva car in their day. Also known as a "Close-Coupled Sedan". Very complete, too good to be a parts car but needing full restoration. 134" Wheelbase. Original 345 Cadillac Flathead V-8, Wire Wheels with Side mount Spares, Grille Guard, Trunk and Luggage Rack. Engine is still installed and stuck from sitting but it's complete from air cleaner to oil pan.   All body panels are in decent shape and usable with the exception of the side aprons, which are rusty. The body, overall, is in good shape but it needs most of it's lower wood replaced as well as the roof insert wood and the right front hinge pillar. Most of the rest of the body structure and door wood is still sound and may be able to be retained.   All dash gauges are there and with the exception of the cracked windshield and rear glass (both flat), the rest of the glass is great. Seat frames and spring assemblies are all there but will need rebuilding.   It's an ambitious restoration project or make it a one of a kind Street rod. $6500 or make a reasonable offer.

Copy and paste in your email: 963625bb281c3a978081ab157ce14595@sale.craigslist.org

'31 LaSalle Town Sedan CT a.jpg

'31 LaSalle Town Sedan CT b.jpg

For a parts car it is incredibly complete with a nice dash , crank hole cover, trunk and nice luggage rack, stone guard, side mount hubcaps, side mount mirrors and even the goddess. All that is missing are white wall tires to go with the chrome lock rings it has.

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

This is the "Not Mine" section. Nobody in this group owns any of these cars. 

They are just reposted listings from Craigslist, Facebook, etc.  

The people who copy the ad sometimes are able harvest the phone number or contact information (when it is hidden in the original ad, getting the information takes extra steps) If not then you are on your own to track down the original ad and seller.