Amazing collection (Brothers Collection, Salem OR) - primarily muscle cars

Another video by someone who has no clue about cars.........and hasn't been around enough to see what others collections look like, or how they are done. 

• Like 1

Sure.  It is not the cars I would spend that amount of money on.  It is focused on muscle cars, but still impressive for what it is.

I do like all the hemi cars and the Shelby cars are great, especially the Daytona coupe.  

The owners must be Mecum’s best customers.  

Edited by Cadillac Fan (see edit history)

Is it just me or are collections like this nut's and not in a good way ?

How many collections are there with rows of cars like this ? Quite a few I expect. At one time ; and quite a long time at that, each of these cars had a individual owner that owned one { possibly two as they sunk down the used car price ladder } and generally that owner drove the car and had experiences with it , and made memories with it. His memories, his friends memories and the members of the public that saw it in every day use.

Now they are like dead butterfly's pinned down in a display case.

Greg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think all collectors are nuts.  Some like to drive them.  Some just like the satisfaction of owning  and displaying.  

I have no problem with either.  These cars are are well looked after.  

to me, what is worse is the person who buys a car or a collection of cars and lets them sit outside. Rotting.  Or takes it apart and never finishes the car.  The parts are lost or scrapped when the widow has to deal with disposing of his stuff. 

sounds like it will be a museum and open on a semipermanent basis.  

Edited by Cadillac Fan (see edit history)

• Cadillac Fan changed the title to Amazing collection (Brothers Collection, Salem OR) - primarily muscle cars

Only way I spotted was one had a license plate...

Have nothing against collections aimed at preservation (at one time I had a measurable percentage of Reatta Convertibles) just have a personal rule - all old cars must have a garage space and a door. Not meeting 100% at moment, pocket change Allante is sandwiched between the nice SLK320 and the nice 89 Allante (actually both are 89s - higher power engine/ no airbag). Turned out back garage (has doors on both ends) is long enough to put all three inline. Just.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 10:39 AM, edinmass said:

Another video by someone who has no clue about cars.........and hasn't been around enough to see what others collections look like, or how they are done. 

When the title contains "World's Most Insane" I usually move along without viewing.

9 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

@JACK Mis this place open to the public? I’ve never heard of it either. 

Couldn't tell by the web site

They do show hours but it looks like a repair shop.

Near the fairgrounds in Salem.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

Couldn't tell by the web site

They do show hours but it looks like a repair shop.

Near the fairgrounds in Salem.

I’m going to ask my Salem friends if they have any connections. Would you be interested in checking it out if we can get in?

On 5/5/2021 at 2:08 PM, 1912Staver said:

"....Now they are like dead butterfly's pinned down in a display case."

Greg

Well said. While I respect those who this form or type of collection might appeal too I simply have no interest. Not even an hour away from me is a museum that clicks all the right buttons in regards to my interests.... except... everything is stuffed and mounted - never to be demonstrated, run or operated. All those who helped build the collection are long gone and now decades later the staff and volunteers  (who are dedicated and well meaning) have no idea. They never experienced any of the equipment and artifacts in use in any shape or form. They simply dust it off on occasion. That is why I drive an extra 1-1/2 hours to go to volunteer at another museum where everything is functional and operated and demonstrated as part of their mission to present artifacts in a living history format.

With that said I must admit in this case that my interests in muscle cars is luke warm to say the least. I grew up in that era and remember well "borrowing" my older brother's 66 GTO convertible with Tri-power and four speed. I left a lot of melted rubber on the the rear quarters and the fuel tank empty on quite a number of occasions.. He still has that car. However, when I asked him why he would consider selling it he said "The reality simply doesn't match the memories."  Again to each his own.

• Like 3

On 5/7/2021 at 8:30 AM, victorialynn2 said:

I’m going to ask my Salem friends if they have any connections. Would you be interested in checking it out if we can get in?

Let me know what you find out.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:08 AM, 1912Staver said:

Is it just me or are collections like this nut's and not in a good way ?

How many collections are there with rows of cars like this ? Quite a few I expect.

Call me cynic, but having observed* numerous, similarly appeared-out-of-nowhere "collections"(?) like this come and gone over the decades and having learned some of their ownership/funding "backgrounds", I often tend to wonder how many are used for "laundering" questionable sources of "income" or used by "investment consortiums" to provide air of legitimacy for their portfolio holdings and/or tax (evasion ?) write-offs.

*I was once offered a management position for similar one, but something just didn't "feel" right, so I declined and now, I'm not even sure if any of those hundreds of cars and huge (new) warehouse buildings purchased almost overnight to store them in, along with all (alleged) other warehouses filled with similar content owned by same entities at various parts of the globe are still in actively used as (private) "collections", each of which would make the thread title outfit look almost like a small garage with just few used cars in it.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)