1964 Pontiac Grand Prix Four Speed - Original Paint California Car

I think this is cool.   8k plus might be a lot,  but if it is really rust free there are a lot worse cars to start with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154419947117

FOUR SPEED Pontiac Grand Prix. Black paint black interior. Factory 4 speed 1964 GP. Very hard to find. California car has original paint. No rust repairs, no bondo, nothing hiding. All factory paint so what you see is what you get. Nice eight lug wheels with nice rings and center caps. Engine bay was detailed as well as engine. I have the carb, air cleaner and any other missing parts. I had a new clutch installed but the person who installed it did something wrong and now I cannot depress the clutch pedal- Easy fix. These factory four speed cars are very hard to find so do not miss out.

GrandPrix.jpg

• Like 1

My uncle bought a '63 brand new - red, 389, 4 speed.  Kept it one year - the clutch was extremely stiff and kept causing a pin to shear off in the linkage.  Traded it in on a '64 Bonny, which he never liked.  That red '63 was the bomb, though.  

I like this '64 with the 4 speed.  Such great dashboards from this era of Pontiacs.

• Like 1

You are buying the solid start and complete drivetrain.  Assume it needs everything mechanically and cosmetics are obvious.  These seem to carry pretty good value and I like the fact it is a little different than a mid 60s GTO.  Plus, black is a great color for this car.  AJ's shipper is probably gassing up as we speak.

• Haha 1

It's has the 8 lug wheels too; a pricey thing to get nowadays and those wheels can be hard to find.  I like the 'GP' letters embossed on the rear center arm rest.  I'll bet that gets left out on any reupholstered GP interior!  A non power single circuit brake system; be careful.  I like these cars but it's too much work and time which I don't have.  I hope it goes to a Pontiac guy who restores with originality in mind.

Edited by deac (see edit history)

A friend of mine had a 64 Gran Prix with the standard 389 automatic. In the early 70’s it was just a used car but we used it a lot. This one certainly would be more fun to own than any standard GTO. I only owned one Pontiac in my life and that was an 88 wagon in the 90’s.  As deac said, I too hope it gets a  chance at renewal.

That is a very cool car (if I do say so myself).  Interesting to see another non-PS, non-PB, standard shift '64 GP.  Mine was originally ordered with the HD 3-speed on the column.  The second owner (I'm 3rd) installed a 4-speed, but I have the original transmission and column linkage.  That 4-speed console is a super-rare piece.

image.png

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Like 1