Owen Magnetic

alsancle

3 hours ago, md murray said:

I didn't quite understand what you were referring to but now I get it. I agree. Here's a 1910 w Ty Cobb and family 

ty.jpg

Thank you! That is the first photo I've seen, all the other views were artist renderings in ads. Bob

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well, it wasn't me! That's almost too cheap, as to be a scam of some sort. Especially with the email address. 😲   Or the newsletter is from 30 years ago.

9 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

Well, it wasn't me! That's almost too cheap, as to be a scam of some sort. Especially with the email address. 😲   Or the newsletter is from 30 years ago.

Assuming complete,  it did seem pretty cheap.   That is the AACA magazine for this month.

2 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Assuming complete,  it did seem pretty cheap.   That is the AACA magazine for this month.

Ed’s number on rule of car collecting........there is nothing more expensive to own than a cheap pre war car.

• Like 1

Great, I hadn't checked the for sale section, because I don't need another car right now!🤣

Now, Ed, you know $200K might get that car back on the road at shop rates! Depends on what "on the road" means to the owner.😉

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question about the Owens Magnetic that resided in Schoharie NY for many years at the farm that Ron Rolfe owned. I would see it for many years in the main building there during the yearly Gas up show each summer. It was mostly complete but believe the floorboards were pulled up and you could see the transmission setup. Does anybody know where the car disappeared to? On the previous post on page 2 it looks like the same car. Thanks.

41 minutes ago, Don Jr. said:

Hi, I have a question about the Owens Magnetic that resided in Schoharie NY for many years at the farm that Ron Rolfe owned. I would see it for many years in the main building there during the yearly Gas up show each summer. It was mostly complete but believe the floorboards were pulled up and you could see the transmission setup. Does anybody know where the car disappeared to? On the previous post on page 2 it looks like the same car. Thanks.

Yup, I know the car, and the current owner, it’s   still on the east coast up north. Owned buy the right guy.......who drives all his stuff. I have photos of the car in the 30’s in upstate. It was sold in Niagara Falls. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

O.K. Great news. I assumed the group had to sell it to make repairs to the farm and make sure the Gas up event stays active. Enjoy all the different things that show up there each year. Some vehicles in their collection will never run again and others are still kicking which I enjoy seeing and hearing. They had a very large steam boiler many years ago that powered many implements from the steam generation itself or off a long jack shaft. Miss that great display but assume laws changed about live steam! Lucky to have such an event close by to experience still!! Thank you for the reply. Appreciate it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Those cars sure look like Springfield's work.........any idea of the coach builders? Probably could be any of a dozen shops..........love the wire wheels on the roadster. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

But it's not me!;)

• Haha 2

The Tampa Bay Auto Museum in St. Petersburg has 2 1/2 Owen Magnetics.  The 1/2 is an operable chassis with complete drivetrain but no body.  The one they just bought will undergo a full restoration, as it was restored previously.  The unrestored-looking limo had a mechanical restoration (similar to what Ed did with his first White,) and is a running, driving car.  I saw the 2 complete cars a little over a month ago.  The 1/2 car was not on display at the time.

1364346270_OwenMagnetic1.jpg.baefd2c8c2bef1d3e80fa0597b7ccf77.jpg1291169707_OwenMagnetic1a.jpg.66cfe3121df72cb66f0618a905a3c906.jpg 

Owen Magnetic 2.jpg

Owen Magnetic 3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 5 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 7:28 AM, George Cole said:

The Tampa Bay Auto Museum in St. Petersburg has 2 1/2 Owen Magnetics.  The 1/2 is an operable chassis with complete drivetrain but no body.  The one they just bought will undergo a full restoration, as it was restored previously.  The unrestored-looking limo had a mechanical restoration (similar to what Ed did with his first White,) and is a running, driving car.  I saw the 2 complete cars a little over a month ago.  The 1/2 car was not on display at the time.

1364346270_OwenMagnetic1.jpg.baefd2c8c2bef1d3e80fa0597b7ccf77.jpg1291169707_OwenMagnetic1a.jpg.66cfe3121df72cb66f0618a905a3c906.jpg 

Owen Magnetic 2.jpg

Owen Magnetic 3.png

George,  how did I miss this post??    The yellow car is the one that was advertised in the AACA magazine last year that Ed and I reach out on and got no response.  Probably because the museum showed up with a trailer.

That Limo is AWESOME!!!

• Like 2

Hey AJ,

Don't know the background of their purchase, other than it might have helped with them having 1 1/2 O-Ms already, and having a museum where it will be displayed.  Might have helped when the museum told them they had 1 1/2 O-Ms already.  As it had been previously restored, the guy I was speaking with (a family member of the museum owner,)  said they were going to restore it again, even though to me it looked to be in outstanding condition.  I'm taking the CCCA FL Region there on a tour in April (the week before the Space Coast Caravan).  It'll be interesting to see if it's still on display.  Heading to the AACA Winter Nationals on Thursday...even though I've blown a disc out in my lower back. :(  Getting old isn't for sissies or pansy-asses...but it beats the alternatives.

Regards,

George

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 8:18 PM, edinmass said:

Yup, I know the car, and the current owner, it’s   still on the east coast up north. Owned buy the right guy.......who drives all his stuff. I have photos of the car in the 30’s in upstate. It was sold in Niagara Falls. 

I also remember that car when it was at the Mohawk Valley Pioneer Gas Engine Asso. show grounds in Gallupville, NY. It was on the Rolfe estate. Ron's brother Tom was also part of it. 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 3