1930 Chrysler Model 70 Royal Coupe - $12000 (Gaylord) Not Mine

1930 Chrysler Model 70 Royal Coupe - $12000 (Gaylord)

Beautiful 1930 Chrysler 70. Has original owners manual as well as sales brochure. Some minor flaws but overall beautiful car. Has placed at several shows around Michigan over the past few years. Has new battery(6v), coil, points and cap, fuel tank has been coated, coolant flushed and cleaned. Linkage on carburetor broke last year and haven’t had the time to fix it. I bought this car before I had kids and loved it. Not much time for her now so I decided to sell.

https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/d/gaylord-1930-chrysler-model-70-royal/7156483944.html

00k0k_8ebaXgEcpMc_0CI0pH_600x450.jpg

00p0p_9eIEYaOD0kD_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00y0y_5ueXp72EOWR_0CI0sS_600x450.jpg

00a0a_1jkCKakj8An_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00I0I_3NmFqySP54f_0CI0sS_600x450.jpg

00T0T_fqzDKhLFj4K_0CI0sS_600x450.jpg

00z0z_ldXViBdH47t_0CI0fz_600x450.jpg

00f0f_cu3aJ6i3Hbn_0CI0pD_600x450.jpg

00303_jpPdhvb7YVm_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like a very nice car in nice condition for a reasonable price ... but I don't think I could live with that paint scheme.  What is the deal with that "tan-over-brown with orange wheels" idea?  Is it something that was popular in the 70's and 80's?  Was it an actual factory paint scheme for this car (or any car)?  I'm probably being too harsh, but I just don't care for it personally.

30 minutes ago, neil morse said:

Looks like a very nice car in nice condition for a reasonable price ... but I don't think I could live with that paint scheme.  What is the deal with that "tan-over-brown with orange wheels" idea?  Is it something that was popular in the 70's and 80's?  Was it an actual factory paint scheme for this car (or any car)?  I'm probably being too harsh, but I just don't care for it personally.

you are not alone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neil morse said:

Is it something that was popular in the 70's and 80's? 

yes, it was.   I suppose it could sell to a person who leaves it as is, but it's not really correctly done.  

If the cars décor does not suit the buyers tastes, or if he/she is a person who eventually might care about what is not correct :

Fenders were black on all smaller mopars, I'm fairly sure.  I think colored fenders on smaller mopars became available optional in 32 on Plymouth roadsters "collegiate specials". This car won't be easy to correct from that gaudy car era.  They even did the chassis and drivetrain in brown, so you'd end up with a body off repaint, (if these colors really bother the buyer that much).  

That gaudy car era is also where you dragged a barn find home and immediately ordered the largest white wall tires that fit the rim, despite the fact that most all cars came with blacks.

Chrysler Company did have a Vermillion Red wheel & stripe color(which this shade actually looks like) but on wire wheels only I believe, and never on the drums on entry level cars.

Painted bumpers are not correct. $$   ... but has incorrect chromed tire cover...

Interior ; including headliner, appears to be wrong material, carpet not done correctly at the toeboard, shifter and pedals, gaudy pinstripe around instrument panel.

• Like 2

Tan with orange wheels isn't so bad, to my eye, anyway. Pretty common colors for the time. It's the brown fenders, the curse of the 1970's. Paint them black, maybe the wheels (and brake drums), too, and you've got a nice little Chrysler runner for Model A money. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

I was thinking the Model A comparison when posting this.  I haven't seen a nicer Model A for the same money and it's a 6 to boot. 

AND....more leg room than most Model As.

I addition to what is mentioned above as incorrect you can add; Bumperettes, tail light, gas cap, painted headlight bar, painted emergency brake handle.

Here are the stock color combinations. However as option other colors could be ordered at additional cost.

IMG_20200803_0001.jpg

It might not be all correct but then again,  I think it's priced accordingly and only you and a handful of other people on the planet are going to know things aren't 100 percent accurate.  For 20G,  well maybe then I would expect everything to be just right.  I still go back to the A reference.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

only you and a handful of other people on the planet are going to know things aren't 100 percent accurate.

Typing too many words here below, but maybe it applies...

A 77 year old early-prewar collector friend always said "Who's to know?" .. but sadly,  now when he calls at night to reminisce about the old days, and the amount of fellow old time collectors he horse-traded with, (then says: "there all gone now").......  he now says quite often: ''nobody cares about the old stuff anymore".  

I then say "So What, go out to the shop after supper and just stare at what you have", .................it works for me.   I feel bad for him after losing his wife to cancer this spring, and he lived for going to every one of the farm/pop engine swaps and truck show/swaps that are all cancelled indefinitely. 

He and my son are about the only local people who have genuine interest in me finishing my 32 Nash "good enough to use".  Both have pushed me when I needed it,  like when I can't find a proper part, and I'm not even sure if I can even figure out how to make the part. 

• Like 1