1925 Locomobile Model 48 Limousine - $55000 - Easton, CT - Not Mine

1925 Locomobile Model 48 Limousine - $55000 - Easton, CT

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/d/easton-1925-locomobile-model-48-limosine/7160720034.html

1925 Locomobile model 48 Limousine - very rare
Mostly complete including engine - will need complete restoration - very solid has been in storage for most of it's life. Very original, hand built in Bridgeport, Connecticut. $55,000 or best offer.

Contact: For more information or if interested call Jim at (2-zero-3) 3-3-nine-5-5-nine-0

Copy and paste in your email: 229117effd0d34ccaf905a0fa600f17d@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1925 Locomobile Model 48 Limousine.

'25 Locomobile 48 Limousine NY a.jpg

'25 Locomobile 48 Limousine NY b.jpg

'25 Locomobile 48 Limousine NY c.jpg

'25 Locomobile 48 Limousine NY d.jpg

'25 Locomobile 48 Limousine NY e.jpg

'25 Locomobile 48 Limousine NY f.jpg

'25 Locomobile 48 Limousine NY g.jpg

'25 Locomobile 48 Limousine NY h.jpg

34 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Hope that price is negotiable.  And, hope they have the rims for all the wheels.   Quite the boat anchor. 

John.....amazing.......I took one look and thought  to myself it’s a boat anchor........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But the ad description says it is "very rare"!   Seems those two words are really popular now to describe something ( anything?!) Half the stuff for sale here or on any site is RARE or VERY RARE. . If the buyer looking at the item no matter what it is doesn't know what is common or unobtainable (now there is a word I think is ok or okie dokie 🥴 ) then he shouldn't buy it. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Walt G said:

But the ad description says it is "very rare"!   Seems those two words are really popular now to describe something ( anything?!) Half the stuff for sale here or on any site is RARE or VERY RARE.

As rare as a Hemmings or Craigslist ad or eBay listing for a vintage vehicle which does NOT use the words "rare" or "very rare."

• Like 1

It says "mostly complete including engine"  I believe that would be the classic six cylinder Locomobile T-head. 

I can't address the price versus its value restored but I am indeed amazed that it has survived and 

remained "lost" for so long. Hopefully it will find a good home.

If it does have a complete or near complete T-head the value of that alone would be rather significant

but again its only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Edited by Terry Harper (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, roysboystoys said:

They are especially rare in that condition.

Gentlemen, if you want to really Want to know the definition of rare...........It would be a buyer at half the asking price............🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1