Need 4ft x 6ft donated old sign in crate inside hauled from ocala,Fla. to Cincinnatti,Ohio. Will pay $200 for the haul.

Dear Friends. I donated an old 1930s neon sign with the glass broken in a crate to the American Sign Museum in Cincinnatti,Ohio. I live 15 minutes off of I-75 in Ocala,Fla. It is in a new screwed together plywood crate and the crate is approximately 6 ft long, 4 ft high,and one ft wide. Approx 100 lbs. Can put on casters to load and or ship. Must ship standing up. Must be inside hauling for signs protection. Will pay $200 for help shipping as again its a donation to a great organization! See www.americansignmuseum.org Like to move in the next 60 days. Please share with others. Thanks,George Albright,Ocala,Fla.  email gnalbright@gmail.com  cell weekdays 10-4 EST Best  352 843 1624

That is very cool - thank you for donating to them. 

We visited the Neon Museum in Vegas one evening while we were there a few years back. 

Now a new destination to check out the Cinci signs. 

Good luck on finding a ride for their new sign. 

check with Blue Lane via Fastenal... they do a lot of freight haul from store to store for a cheap rate. they will give you a quote, it is based on space occupied. know many people that have moved freight this way, especially if it is crated, boxed, on a pallet, etc...  they do NOT deliver anywhere. you have to drop off at the local store and they will deliver to another store. then someone has to pick up from local store. 

Fastenal is another company that will ship unusual or heavy items.  They ship from store to store, and, as I recall, the shipment must be on a pallet or equivalent.  At least, that's the way it used to be, who knows these days.  Give them a call.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Grog

For those not familiar with the Sign Museum, you need to include it on your must see list. It's amazing, with the histories of signs, recreated street scenes, and an amazing array of signs of all kinds on display. The automotive signage represented there is fantastic. 

Terry

18 hours ago, capngrog said:

Fastenal is another company that will ship unusual or heavy items.  They ship from store to store, and, as I recall, the shipment must be on a pallet or equivalent.  At least, that's the way it used to be, who knows these days.  Give them a call.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Grog

The only catch with Fastenal is that store must have a loading dock. I have used the Fastenal Store in Ocala, and I think they had a dock.

Have you tried fed ex ground? I palletized a rear end for a fellow that was shipped half way across the country. He arranged the shipping but used fed ex ground. I have a buddy with a shop so it was picked up at a commercial address which saved a little. I think he paid right around $200 for the shipping. 

21 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

On another forum someone noted that Fastenal had suspended their transport service because of the pandemic.  I haven't checked to see if that is in fact true but nothing surprises me  lately.

varies store to store, state to state so need to call drop off and pick up store to confirm

i deal with them on a weekly basis and inquire as to status of business in general. 

Edited by BearsFan315 (see edit history)