Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

From the 1922 Chicago Salon Brochure.  Looks like a '22 Lincoln L with Murphy coachwork,  Deep V windshields quite spectacular especially in 1922!  Also note front whitewall, rear blackwall. 

1922LincolnMurphyDC.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, HK500 said:

From the 1922 Chicago Salon Brochure.  Looks like a '22 Lincoln L with Murphy coachwork,  Deep V windshields quite spectacular especially in 1922!  Also note front whitewall, rear blackwall. 

1922LincolnMurphyDC.jpg

Similar but not quite the same car with custom Murphy bodywork (this one was a full custom built for Douglas Fairbanks):

350763002_187203424286378_914063882071686885_n.jpg.a421db3e5aa504a3ec5cdcdc7df05b39.jpg

• Like 5

I posted that Murphy Lincoln page from the salon catalog some time ago, so looks like it has been recycled again with no credit to me. Unless someone else has the same salon souvenir catalog . Please give credit where credit is due, as I have done for the past 50 years in anything and everything I have shared.

WEG

• Like 2

I love the saddle shoes the girl is wearing.  She doesn't look particularly pleased posing in front of that brand new 1946 Dodge.  I remember wearing them in high school and college, but I always kept the toes white, never scuffed and dirty.  You can still buy saddle shoes for men and women.  I'm just not sure where you would go when wearing them. 😁

Edited by Gary_Ash (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Kaitaia in the Far North of New Zealand 1929. The registration plates date the photo to between mid 1929 and mid 1930. The Model A on the left appears to have a sign reading 'Ford's New Car'. In the 1920s American cars dominated the New Zealand market and, even then, New Zealand had one of the highest rates of car ownership in the world.

Museum at Te Ahu photo

Kaitaia 29.jpg

Kaitaia 29 (2).jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Walt G said:

I posted that Murphy Lincoln page from the salon catalog some time ago, so looks like it has been recycled again with no credit to me. Unless someone else has the same salon souvenir catalog . Please give credit where credit is due, as I have done for the past 50 years in anything and everything I have shared.

WEG

You may have to start placing watermarks on your photo contributions just as Richard Quinn does with his:

1955 Speedster and 1955 truck ads from Studebaker News - quite impressive - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Colorizing old photos esp Studebaker some samples - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Craig

• Thanks 1

Thanks Craig, hope it doesn't have to come to that. But with the internet now being able to copy anything and everything by anyone it seems a shame that the integrity of giving credit has fallen by the wayside and become a thing of the past with some people. they have the time to make the effort to copy something and then share it from their collection but not enough for a small simple credit line..................Sad indeed. I am now hesitant to bother to look through my collection to then  scan/post/comment and then be taken for granted. NOT looking for any thing to be listed in 15 point type. I have a friend due here for a visit on Monday who knows all about the watermarks and will seek his advice as to how much time it would take. I really want to have reproductions produced of some 1920-42  era accessories catalogs that I have the original of so people will know what is correct and was authorized and issued  by the factory for a number of cars ( Franklin, Packard, Buick , etc) but they may just wind up staying were they sit in a file here and I can avoid the aggravation.............

57 minutes ago, alsancle said:

There are some cool photos on the Huntington Library Website:   https://hdl.huntington.org/digital/collection/p15150coll5/id/4939/rec/1

Cernitz, Arthur W., residence with I assume his wife.   Mr Cernitz seems to have been a fairly well known chef.

Cernitz, Arthur W., residence

The_Chula_Vista_Star_Thu__Feb_23__1950_.jpg

You must of gotten your car drivable. Your on a Cord high. Strother MacMinn photo.28AEE37B-7092-4D99-A5F2-450D76E0D6C3.jpeg.7a12bfa76723bf8ba5cec7e08208dfd6.jpeg

• Like 6

21 hours ago, alsancle said:

3 6 1.jpg

A bit of irony in this image is the bodies for both the Cord and the 1938-'39 Studebaker convertible sedan in the background were built by the Central Manufacturing Division of Auburn Automobile Company.   After Cord production ended in August 1937, AAC took contracts with various other manufacturers to produce car and truck bodies as well as metal kitchen cabinets.   Studebaker management decided to add the four-door convertible sedan styles to the 1938 Commander and President selection.  As was typical for many volume production automakers that included convertibles in their model offerings, for low volume, labor-intensive convertible styles, a separate department handled the body construction either from basic stamping or by modifying body shells.   Unique trim, upholstery and top installation was also performed by that separate department before the bodies were routed into the normal assembly line cue.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Briggs Body company photo to show accommodation of suit cases at Briggs factory for sedan in 1935. Original photo mounted on linen and was bound in an album of hundreds of photos of their work from the late 1920s to late 1930s.

Until I can somehow add to the photos I submit that they are from my collection this will be the last one i will have for a while - the Murphy body advertisement that was copied and posted here that was my original contribution has soured me on contributing further with out any tiny credit to where it came from so the copy and paste will not happen again.

BRIGGStrunk1938.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 32buick67 said:

buick-model-47-4-door-sedan-front-0-695563.jpg32buick european.jpg

32buick european1.jpg

32Buick.jpg

The four-door Buick in photos nr 2 and 3 has a Danish coachwork commissioned by General Motors in Scandinavia. It was called "the silver fish" due to its paint. Remember reading about it in the Swedish Wheels Magazine in 1982 at a tender age. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1