Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

On 2/22/2023 at 6:08 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

That photo should interest a few on here...

This appears to be cowboy film  star Tom Mix and the Cord he was killed in. Judging by the sign I'd say this is both close to where he died and when. The Cord still exists.

Howard Dennis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Age before beauty! You first! Hell, you’re so old your the first member of you family to walk erect.

You're so old, you fart dust!

As a member of the Grand Army of the Potomac, was Lincoln really as ugly as you are?

You are so old, you have moves like a statue, is that why your covered in pigeon shxt?

I have 10,000 more. 

I was referring to Mike's beautifully restored 1934 Pierce-Arrow 836A hearse in St Louis, but clearly I touched a few nerves there!  🙂 Indeed, you young whippersnapper, I am indeed substantially older than you and I truly do hope that you long outlast me, because I'd had plenty of old-car adventures even before you were a twinkle in your father's eye so I've had my innings, am enjoying more, but am delighted to play in overtime.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Everyone need to believe in something. These guys believe they need another drink. Sure looks like the cheap stuff! No Three Feathers Whisky for them!

331086150_1686946671754439_8409476331049619710_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Everyone need to believe in something. These guys believe they need another drink. Sure looks like the cheap stuff! No Three Feathers Whisky for them!

331086150_1686946671754439_8409476331049619710_n.jpg

"You in a HEAP 'o trouble, boy."

• Haha 1

From a facebook page. The text, in French, suggests that this is the poster's great aunt who established a 'speak easy' in Chicago during the prohibition era. She returned to France a millionaire.

The car is noted as a '1922 Marmon convertible speedster' but looks more like a Haynes touring to me.

May be an image of 1 person, car and text that says 'र Marie, ma grande-tante, épousa Louis Jeanneret. Iis s'établirent a Chicago et firent fortune avec un "speak easy" entre 1920-30 lors de la prohibition. Ils revinrent en France millionnaire. Marmon onvertible speedster 1922. JRL'