car exhibition in France

sebastienbuick

I had a  Renault Dauphine  like that 57 in sky blue while going to high school. Traded my 55 Chevy pickup for it because I had a paper route that covered a big part of town and it got great mileage. Great little car that never let me down. Brings back some great memories. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fleek said:

I had a  Renault Dauphine  like that 57 in sky blue while going to high school. Traded my 55 Chevy pickup for it because I had a paper route that covered a big part of town and it got great mileage. Great little car that never let me down. Brings back some great memories. 

I really like the Dauphine, I find it really nice and it's solid ;) 
She has the engine in the back and there have been sports versions, the Renault Dauphine Gordini and the Renault Dauphine 1093 (this is rare, there is one in a village next to me), ... :) 

1 hour ago, bryankazmer said:

I wouldn't look to necessarily see Peugeot-branded cars sold here.  Could be more platform sharing like the Buick Cascada being essentially an Opel design.  Possibly Citroen as the electric car brand, but that's just speculation

A may be yes ;) , I did not know the Buick Cascada, but this body is used by Opel here  ;) 

Such a wonderful display of historic automobiles! A bunch more to really enjoy. Thank you for the additional pictures of the '14 Renault (so  missed by a couple years?). And I particularly like the 1903 De Dion Bouton. The 1916 and 1928 Renault cars were wonderful, and I liked seeing so many early Citroen automobiles also.

Again, thank you for sharing these here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Such a wonderful display of historic automobiles! A bunch more to really enjoy. Thank you for the additional pictures of the '14 Renault (so  missed by a couple years?). And I particularly like the 1903 De Dion Bouton. The 1916 and 1928 Renault cars were wonderful, and I liked seeing so many early Citroen automobiles also.

Again, thank you for sharing these here.

Thank you very much Wayne Sheldon , I find them beautiful too ;) 
All cars present are rolling, and the De Dion Bouton 1903 has even participate in a rally (very large walk, cross France, ...)
It is with pleasure that I share these photos :) 
And if next year someone comes to the south of France, it will be a pleasure to see car show, ... :) 
  • Like 1

That is a very well-done display and presentation.  It looks 'permanent', like a museum display; not only for a week or however long it is.  A ton of work must have gone in organizing, setting up, and then have to dismantle it when its over.

Craig

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 8E45E said:

That is a very well-done display and presentation.  It looks 'permanent', like a museum display; not only for a week or however long it is.  A ton of work must have gone in organizing, setting up, and then have to dismantle it when its over.

Craig

Yes indeed it took a lot of work. We must already calculate how to dispose of these 71 cars in a room, put the banners, print the presentation sheet for each car, make a staging with manequins, stored each vehicle by category / year / mark.
You must also make leaflets, ask the town hall, ... :) 

My '59 Peugeot 403, quirky as it was, was very dear to me. 
I remember the light switch which was on a stalk, positioned where the turn signal arm is on domestic cars.  That resulted too many times in accidentally shutting off the lights when preparing to make a turn.  And the little brass part of the clutch linkage which gave way without warning, leaving me clutchless in downtown D. C.   The aluminum pop rivets holding the headlights in, which eroded away and caused the headlight to pop out, and so on.  It was also hell on heads (hemi), I used up 3 because they cracked between the valve seats and the spark plug hole.  That once caused a surprise popping out of a spark plug, leaving a dent in the hood.  And rust?  You bet.  I held the underside of its unit body together with angle iron until it became hopeless.
But despite it all I got 175 thousand miles out of the 403, loving it because it had a certain charm.   Great looks, reputedly a P. Farina design,  rack and pinion steering making it the best handling car I've ever had, and the overdrive 4th gear and the sun roof were favorite features.   The front seat backs reclined all the way down, I slept in it at Hershey when you could park on Hershey Park Drive a number of times.  Sadly, the tin worm won out causing its demise.  Shown is what is left.

MVC-250S.JPG

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dave Henderson said:

My '59 Peugeot 403, quirky as it was, was very dear to me. 
I remember the light switch which was on a stalk, positioned where the turn signal arm is on domestic cars.  That resulted too many times in accidentally shutting off the lights when preparing to make a turn.  And the little brass part of the clutch linkage which gave way without warning, leaving me clutchless in downtown D. C.   The aluminum pop rivets holding the headlights in, which eroded away and caused the headlight to pop out, and so on.  It was also hell on heads (hemi), I used up 3 because they cracked between the valve seats and the spark plug hole.  That once caused a surprise popping out of a spark plug, leaving a dent in the hood.  And rust?  You bet.  I held the underside of its unit body together with angle iron until it became hopeless.
But despite it all I got 175 thousand miles out of the 403, loving it because it had a certain charm.   Great looks, reputedly a P. Farina design,  rack and pinion steering making it the best handling car I've ever had, and the overdrive 4th gear and the sun roof were favorite features.   The front seat backs reclined all the way down, I slept in it at Hershey when you could park on Hershey Park Drive a number of times.  Sadly, the tin worm won out causing its demise.  Shown is what is left.

MVC-250S.JPG

Indeed each vehicle is their little defect but we like them anyway.
I heard several people give good advice on this car, it was a good car ;) 
This piece of 403 that you have is full of memories :) 

47 minutes ago, Dave Henderson said:

My '59 Peugeot 403, quirky as it was, was very dear to me.   Great looks, reputedly a P. Farina design, 

MVC-250S.JPG

I'm not sure if the 403 had any P. Farina design influence, but the 404 certainly was a PF design.  It has a strong resemblance to BMC's range of Farina-body cars; especially the Austin Cambridge and Morris Oxford from 1959.

Craig

6 hours ago, 8E45E said:

I'm not sure if the 403 had any P. Farina design influence, but the 404 certainly was a PF design.  It has a strong resemblance to BMC's range of Farina-body cars; especially the Austin Cambridge and Morris Oxford from 1959.

Craig

Hello, here is a link where there is all the description of the 403, and we can see in the "Technical" section, that they say that the Peugeot 403 was realized by Peugeot in colloboration with Pininfarina ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 4:15 PM, Fossoyeur said:

Hi,

EK type started in 1914 indeed, but according to the Renault registers this very car is from 1916 .

Okay thank you I didn't know ;) 
You're from Paris ?

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 7:47 PM, TerryB said:

Miniature for your show, Simca Dinky toy

27B4377D-E04E-41C5-BE79-E0FADCCD142A.jpeg

Superb Simca truck ;) 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sebastienbuick said:

Okay thank you I didn't know ;) 
You're from Paris ?

Yes, from Paris :)

For the car dating from 1916, you couldn't know :D

https://www.les-renault-d-avant-guerre.com/t7958-EK-1914-LILOU-en-Occitanie.htm

And I understand you know that one also 

https://www.les-renault-d-avant-guerre.com/t2019-camion-Renault-plateau-ACZI-a-vendre.htm

Edited by Fossoyeur (see edit history)
  • Like 1

In the 1960's I had a scale model of a 1953 Ford Vedette fordor sedan.  (The one that looked like a scaled down '49 Merc.).  It was an orange-tan color close to that Rambler wagon in the photo a couple of posts above. I have no idea what became of it, but I believe it was made in France. 

Today, I have some Citroen and Peugeot models by Vitesse.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Fossoyeur said:

Yes, from Paris :)

For the car dating from 1916, you couldn't know :D

https://www.les-renault-d-avant-guerre.com/t7958-EK-1914-LILOU-en-Occitanie.htm

And I understand you know that one also 

https://www.les-renault-d-avant-guerre.com/t2019-camion-Renault-plateau-ACZI-a-vendre.htm

Okay, and you are French ? :) 
Very nice renault truck, I didn't know that it was this truck that I had seen at this exhibition, it did a very nice job of restoration ;) 

6 hours ago, 8E45E said:

In the 1960's I had a scale model of a 1953 Ford Vedette fordor sedan.  (The one that looked like a scaled down '49 Merc.).  It was an orange-tan color close to that Rambler wagon in the photo a couple of posts above. I have no idea what became of it, but I believe it was made in France. 

Today, I have some Citroen and Peugeot models by Vitesse.

Craig

Me when I was little, it was cars of the brand "Majorette" that I had :) (I was born in 1994 :) )
I had a lot and one of my favorites was a chevrolet caprice police car from the late 1970s :) 
And right now I have several miniature American car models :) 

46 minutes ago, sebastienbuick said:

Me when I was little, it was cars of the brand "Majorette" that I had :) (I was born in 1994 :) )
I had a lot and one of my favorites was a chevrolet caprice police car from the late 1970s :) 
And right now I have several miniature American car models :) 

And I have, through my wife’s family downsizing their possessions, accumulated 1950s and 1960s Dinky toys made in both Great Britain and France, Corgi of Great Britain, Solido of France and of course Lesney Matchbox of Great Britain.  My son was born in 1993 and he always wanted Mattel Hot Wheels and Johnny Lightning cars and still collects some of them.  My 1950s youth memories are of toys by US maker Marx and assembling plastic model cars by AMT.  in my youth there were few if any non-USA made automobiles in my area so having miniatures of them was not typical.  One thing most I did enjoy was building drag racing versions of the model kit cars especially the gasser versions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TerryB said:

My 1950s youth memories are of toys by US maker Marx and assembling plastic model cars by AMT.  in my youth there were few if any non-USA made automobiles in my area so having miniatures of them was not typical.

One thing I did learn at an early age with Matchbox and Corgi models as I also had the free catalogs of their product line at the time. 

I knew the difference between a 'saloon', an 'estate' and a  'fixed-head coupe'. And some of these scale models from England had an 'opening bonnet' and/or 'opening boot', and a 'sunshine roof'.

Craig

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 8:39 PM, TerryB said:

And I have, through my wife’s family downsizing their possessions, accumulated 1950s and 1960s Dinky toys made in both Great Britain and France, Corgi of Great Britain, Solido of France and of course Lesney Matchbox of Great Britain.  My son was born in 1993 and he always wanted Mattel Hot Wheels and Johnny Lightning cars and still collects some of them.  My 1950s youth memories are of toys by US maker Marx and assembling plastic model cars by AMT.  in my youth there were few if any non-USA made automobiles in my area so having miniatures of them was not typical.  One thing most I did enjoy was building drag racing versions of the model kit cars especially the gasser versions.

It's miniature cars are now sought by collectors ;) 
Not everyone should have these miniature cars at the time ;) 
It's true that I also had a lot of Hot Wheels :) 

17 hours ago, lump said:

Great images of really interesting cars. We don't see many of those models here in the USA. Thanks for sharing!! 

Thank you very much lump ! ;) 

• Like 1