car exhibition in France

sebastienbuick

hello, here are some pictures of a small car show that I went to see today in Castelsarrasin in the south of France.
There were 71 cars and the oldest is from 1903.
Excuse me for the bad quality of image, the exhibition was in a room and the photos do not make good

Chenard & Walcker 1911 ( in restoration )

SAM_4007.thumb.JPG.bba9e6064b1488610456f283439dc42e.JPG

SAM_4008.thumb.JPG.580749c4c20fca00d019f6bea2bc9c9d.JPG

SAM_4009.thumb.JPG.d5f736e26b48109ca81b06a64e638809.JPG

• Like 5

Thanks for the great photos! I love the Facel Vega convertible. To me, the Facel Vega coupe of that era is the best looking French car of all time, and one of the world's best looking cars of all time.

I also love the looks of the Renault Floride. I've seen a Renault Caravelle in online ads and it looks just about the same. Are they the same car named differently for options?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, erichill said:

Some really cool cars. Thanks for sharing

Thank you ! , with pleasure ;) 

35 minutes ago, mike6024 said:

I had a car like this, but it was horribly rusty and I scrapped it. I had bought it for $450

It's a good little car ;) , and the price starts to rise ;) 

28 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Thanks for the great photos! I love the Facel Vega convertible. To me, the Facel Vega coupe of that era is the best looking French car of all time, and one of the world's best looking cars of all time.

I also love the looks of the Renault Floride. I've seen a Renault Caravelle in online ads and it looks just about the same. Are they the same car named differently for options?

Yes the facel vega is a very nice car, they are a bit rare and this one is the only one I've seen.
I knew the owner of this one, and she is in very good condition ;) 
The Floride renault is the same as the renault caravelle, the Caravelle is distinguished from Floride by its raised roof.
The name Floride was for the American market, and they call themselves Caravelle for the Europe version, but there were still Floride in Europe and some caravel imported to America

7 hours ago, TerryB said:

With Fiatchrysler and Peugeot Citroen merging, at least what the newspapers are saying, we might see some French cars again in the USA or at least North America.

Yes it's true I heard that too, that Peugeot could sell cars in a few years ;) 

7 hours ago, TerryB said:

There was a time when Panhards were imported to the US

I did not know that Panhard was also sold in America, thank you for the photo ! ;) 

4 hours ago, zipdang said:

Thank you for posting! I love the Panhards. Such different looking cars.

Thank you zipdang ! :) , Panhard was making cars with another look and marked his era, but unfortunately this brand has disappeared

What a wonderful show! A great cross-section of automotive history.

For me? If I could have but one of those? I would want the 1907 Peugeot road racer! What an incredible automobile!

The 1911 Chenard & Walcker is a fine looking car also. I'll bet when the restoration is finished it will be amazing!  The Delage of 1905 is a wonderful example of how much automobile technology was growing in those few years. The Renault next to it is a fine looking roadster also. What year is it? I would guess about 1911/'12?

I have always thought the '20s Citroen cars were intriguing. But then, I really do like so many of the earlier cars.

Thank you for sharing the pictures!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

What a wonderful show! A great cross-section of automotive history.

For me? If I could have but one of those? I would want the 1907 Peugeot road racer! What an incredible automobile!

The 1911 Chenard & Walcker is a fine looking car also. I'll bet when the restoration is finished it will be amazing!  The Delage of 1905 is a wonderful example of how much automobile technology was growing in those few years. The Renault next to it is a fine looking roadster also. What year is it? I would guess about 1911/'12?

I have always thought the '20s Citroen cars were intriguing. But then, I really do like so many of the earlier cars.

Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Thank you very much, it is with pleasure that I share these photos :) 
The Peugeot of 1907 is a beautiful race car, with a chain transmission for the rear wheel. This peugeot starts and rolls very well ;) 
Yes the Chenard & Walcker will be very beautiful once the restoration finished :) 
I'm not finished putting all the photos, but the renault next to the delage is 1914 ;)