Not Mine But I Like It!

5 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Fit and finish look nice.

Purists and haters be damned! :lol:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/tucson-studemino-custom-car-art-trade/6984464418.html

The fit and finish far exceeds the original, with those big ugly 5-mph bumpers that stuck out at each end, and the always poor fitting plastic fillers in-between. 

Craig

It's the old "Queen Anne front" and "Mary Ann Back" adage. While no doubt the workmanship and effort is there, it remains a big misfit, 2 different styles, 2 different eras, 2 different functions (car or truck), who would ask for this? That Stude nose was never a hit in the late 40's/early 50's, still not. Thus the price! 

And for the cost of a used Prius.

Cant go wrong.

My first car was a 53 Champion coupe. Sorta been keeping an eye out for another.

We had a local wrecking yard donate a Bullitt  nose for a car bash once. I've always had a soft spot for those.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, GregLaR said:

It must be a personal taste thing. I've always loved that Stude front end.

I like bullet-nose Studes and El Caminos.  I'm not a purist and I don't hate this custom - the price is a bargain and it looks very well done.  But something about it doesn't look quite right - maybe it's the contrast between the square back end and the pointy front.

16 hours ago, Akstraw said:

In some strange way, it works.  Agree that the tailgate/backend needs something to blend it in better.

Yeah...maybe if the tailgate section was slanted forward to echo the sweep of the front fenders and the rear of the roof-line.