1950 Chrysler Windsor 4 door - 12,400 actual miles - $11,500 obo

Not mine, but wow!

I know I know, it's a "more" door and a stodgy Chrysler 6 cyl. But look, you get this for close to advertised, maybe $10,000, and you are instantly transported to 1950, and would have a great tour vehicle, instant HPOF car.   No one that I know will ever restore a 4 door 1950 Chrysler.  It would cost $50,000 + to duplicate this car.   Most of us lust for 2 door models, convertibles.   If I could buy this, I would love it for what it is, a time capsule into a bygone era.  A 4 door drives just as nice as a 2 door model. 

https://utica.craigslist.org/cto/d/clinton-1950-chrysler-windsor-only/6911126558.html

00y0y_gnDI8BuZyuD_600x450.jpg

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 3

.Yes, really rather elegant. Well proportioned from any angle. Condition wise, must be in the top fraction of one percent of all surviving cars it's age. Opportunity for a good buy in to the hobby for someone. B Jake : You've done it again ! Thanks for the hunting you do.  -   Carl 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ed Luddy said:

3 on the tree is good. Most of these are Fluid Drive aren't they? Such a nice interior!

Pretty sure this is a semi-automatic fluid coupling trans, not a conventional 3 speed.  

That's the "safety clutch" (as you can read on the pedal pad), which was MoPar's way of making it seem like having a semi-automatic instead of a fully-automatic was a safety factor!  This looks like a wonderful car.  These cars were extremely solid and would run forever.  A great opportunity for someone.

Presto-Matic was the name of the semi-automatic 2 range transmission with the Fluid drive coupling used in 1949-50 Chryslers.

That is a mint mint Chrysler. The steering wheel doesn't even have a crack....this is the one to buy if that' fits the bill.

3 hours ago, neil morse said:

That's the "safety clutch" (as you can read on the pedal pad), which was MoPar's way of making it seem like having a semi-automatic instead of a fully-automatic was a safety factor!  This looks like a wonderful car.  These cars were extremely solid and would run forever.  A great opportunity for someone.

Thanks for the info!

My dad had a 54 New Yorker 331 Hemi when I was a kid. I think it was a full automatic.

45 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

Thanks for the info!

My dad had a 54 New Yorker 331 Hemi when I was a kid. I think it was a full automatic.

Yes, Chrysler Power-flite full automatic transmission