1947 Chry. T&C Coupe

Fine Cars LLC

6 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

Walt, there are several places that can do Station Wagon and T&C wood, but where is local, it would help to know.

717 area code is central Pennsylvania.

Penn-Dutch Restorations would be me. We are in South Central PA. You can e-mail me at PennDutchRestore@aol.com or phone me at 717-515-8617 any reasonable hour. Our web site is PennDutch storation.com. We have built all the wood for 2 woodies, a '48 Buick and a '49 Olds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 8E45E said:

With the word "Coupe" in your thread title, is your T&C actually one of the seven(!) pillarless two door hardtops made that year?  Or is it a regular two door (post) sedan?

Craig

I wasn't aware of any of those that still exist, other than the one that was reproduced several years ago.

There is only one T&C cpe in existance... the "David Wallace" car. The first 2 dr hardtop.

Loyd Mayes owned it for awhile as have a few others... a very nice original car with a few minor touch ups over the years.

Supposedly seven were made .... no others besides the Wallace car have ever been located.

If you are in central PA then you have one of the best right in your backyard, in Manchester, PA.  Kline Family Workshop, specializes in 1941/1948 Ford Woodies and Chrysler T&C's. Tom and Mike are two of the nicest people in the business. They did the wood for my '46 and it was absolutely perfect. They can be reached at 717-266-8696.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, West Peterson said:

I wasn't aware of any of those that still exist, other than the one that was reproduced several years ago.

As we see here a lot, there are new 'finds' on an almost-weekly basis on this Forum alone.  Perhaps this is one??

Craig

What about the one off 1949 T&C hardtop supposedly made?

Where is that car....

I thought I had a lead on it back in the mid seventies....yea right!

Or the T&C six cylinder roadster ......never was produced... but John Slusar and Loyd Mayes built one and it's been around the auction market a few rounds making a lot of money.