What car is in this photo ?

Ipisors

I do think that the overall shape of the body in the original post resembles a 40-41 Dodge or Plymouth, but the B pillar appears vertical, rather than slanted.  Unless the angle of the photo is altering its appearance, that post is vertical.  There aren't that many cars from this period with vertical B pillars.

If the car in the original post is not American, that could throw everything off.

I was thinking '46 Plymouth at first, too....but something in my brain is yelling "Studebaker." Something about the roof, but I can't seem to find a Studebaker that matches it.

To my eyes, the pillar has no slant, but the Plymouth has some slant in the pillar. 46 or 47 Nash is another possibility, but they have pillar slant, too. Other than that, the roof looks like a Nash.

15 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Sure does look like a 1940 or 1941 Plymouth business coupe. Pretty fuzzy photo, though. The Daves may be correct. Something does seem off, though.

1940 Plymouth coupe.jpg

One thing that IS off is the location of the bumperettes.  But Keiser's picture shows there is a bolt hole where the mystery car's ones are.  It appears they could go in either place.  Possibly they were relocated on the mystery car to make better access to the trunk.  The rear window looks right, and If I strain I believe I see the fender's stamped lines.

• Like 1