Find the Buick

Elpad

30 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

Pretty sure there are a couple of Buicks in this photo

Woody4.jpg

Big Buick(?) sedan on the street, top left corner,  and Buick(?) making right hand turn, kinda hidden by the far woodie. I count 4 woodies with a split/two piece rear bumper. Which make had that bumper? Would be a lot easier if front ends were visable..

• Thanks 1

A lot of Buicks in this great video from 1957 (as well as many other great cars).  Check out the VW dealer sign that's visible on the right side of the street at about 1:17.  It jumps out at you because it looks contemporary among all the 50's signage.  VW has stuck with the same logo all these years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, neil morse said:

A lot of Buicks in this great video from 1957 (as well as many other great cars).  Check out the VW dealer sign that's visible on the right side of the street at about 1:17.  It jumps out at you because it looks contemporary among all the 50's signage.  VW has stuck with the same logo all these years.

Beautiful 

so much for yielding to 🚶‍♀️ pedestrians while turning right and a little aggressive almost making contact with the blue T-Bird!

On 1/4/2019 at 7:11 PM, Elpad said:

F66F297B-8B76-41EB-A879-33514BA55B2A.jpeg

I can tell you that this pic was taken in the early-to-mid 60s in Crown Point, Lake County, IN.  The first building is the Lake County Sheriff Office.  It is also the building which housed the Lake County Jail.  That jail is the one from which John Dillinger. with the aid of his wooden gun, escaped in 1934. 

The next building is the old Lake County Courthouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, Elpad said:

40C287BB-F0F8-470E-B295-07864DB5C080.jpeg

Great pic of the GM hardtops all in a row! 

Hey Al, any history or source on this picture?

There were about a dozen big auto shows that year, and I have a cool newspaper add, a full page with a Super hardtop wearing wire wheels for the Chicago show, and would love to find a photo to go with it...

9 hours ago, Fr. Buick said:

Great pic of the GM hardtops all in a row! 

Hey Al, any history or source on this picture?

There were about a dozen big auto shows that year, and I have a cool newspaper add, a full page with a Super hardtop wearing wire wheels for the Chicago show, and would love to find a photo to go with it...

1954 - The GM Motorama Display.  Waldorf Astoria, New York City, Circa 1954.

• Like 1