Auburn AGNM-2019 May 30-June 1

There are two different dates in publications for next year's AGNM in Auburn.  They are both wrong!! We are not 100% positive of the date yet as RM Auctions is rethinking the date of their auction but right NOW it looks like May 30-June 1.  I hope to know within 10 days for sure. 

Hope it comes soon.  There are probably a couple of Tours holding off making their dates for next year.  I look forward to coming to Auburn next year if our health gets straightened out by then.  Since the CCCA will also be holding their show there, I'd like to bring my "Full Classic"  '41 Buick Roadmaster.  But, for an 80 year old man, that would be a long haul.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

Earl, you are 80 years young.  Sadly, since the auction is apparently changing dates CCCA will not be able to be with us this year.  They have a conflict.  If by any chance the date reverts back to the early May date then CCCA will join us.  Right now the issue is out of our hands and we are just waiting for a confirmation. 

Not sure where I will be staying for this meet. Some friends of mine and fellow AACA members were planning on coming to Auburn next year to see the swap meet, auctions and AGNM. I had planned to stay with them in their RV. Hopefully their work & home calendars are free on whatever new date RM auctions chooses. Then again, even if they do come to Auburn, I may be sleeping on the ground outside their RV  ? ?. No doubt they will razz me about this date change when I see them next. If they can't make it, I will definitely be making reservations sooner rather than later. Auburn 2019 will no doubt be a BIG AGNM event.

Just have to wonder what surprises Steve M. is cooking up for this meet? ? ?

On the contrary Matt.  RM is not dictating anything to us.  It is AACA who has asked to use their facilities.  They give us free use of their property, there is no fee for trailer parking, no fee for non-hook up RV, free entrance to the auction, free bidder passes, discount flea market spaces, give us space for the concert, co-sponsor an open bar and they donate a very large sum of money to the event!!    It is the best deal we have at all our venues.  We are hugely grateful to them.  It is not the first time an event date has had to be changed whether it was due to a hotel change or site change.  It happens and we have the responsibility to make lemonade out of lemons and we will. 

RM has a responsibility to host their auction at a date they feel will be successful and will give their (and our ) patrons chance for decent weather.  We initiated asking the CCCA to join us again this year but it is a busy time for them as they have several events surrounding those dates.  It is a shame they cannot be with us if those dates stick but we will do our best to reach out to others to ask if they would like to be with us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, Matt Harwood said:

Kind of a bummer that RM Auctions is able to dictate when two clubs hold one of the biggest meets of the year...

RM has been very good to AACA for several years, so I think AACA is right for sticking by RM, if CCCA isn't willing to follow suit, shame on them. 

If you've never been to Auburn, it's a nice place.  If you choose to come I'd highly recommend coming a day sooner or holding over a day later.  You could spend at least an entire day visiting all of the car related museums in the area.  The facility is very nice and there is plenty to do.

In 2015 the Eastern Division Spring meet was farther from home than the Auburn meet was, so we chose Auburn and it was a decision that we never regretted.  Oddly enough in 2016 my work schedule didn't allow me to go to any meets, in 2017 we didn't do Auburn because the truck we were restoring wasn't done yet.  This year we're choosing to go to Gettysburg because we also like Gettysburg and it's closer to home.

We're looking forward to going to Auburn in 2019.  I'm also looking forward to seeing the Early Ford V8 Museum since the expansion was finished. 

Other than Cleveland, the traffic heading out west wasn't bad at all and the roads were pretty good shape.

Edited by ex98thdrill
spelling (see edit history)

Steve, our reservations are made at the Fireside Resort campground right across I-69 from the show site, full hookups, pull thru sites, clean showers. Plenty of places to eat in Auburn, I suggest the Chinese Restaurant right off 69 behind Cracker Barrel. Large place, food and service have always been great and very reasonably priced--all you can eat for one price. There is a Military Museum by the campground and a new Ford Museum plus a nice antique store. Not to mention the ACD museum close by. You can spend days in this area.  There is also a old gas station that is restored complete with tools and vehicles outside of Auburn but I can't remember the address--ask a local.  Looking forward to a great show.