Rickenbacker Club Is Alive & Well

castillo49

Rickenbacker Automobile Club of America is alive & running.   Mission Statement: The Rickenbacker Automobile Club of America & it's Web Site is dedicated to the people interested in Rickenbacker Automobiles, which were manufactured from 1922 to 1927 by the Rickenbacker Motor Company (RMC).  Our aim is to generate interest in this unique marque, and distribute information and tips helpful in the restoration and operation of these cars.  Hopefully, more of these cars can be rediscovered and become operable again.  

Come visit us at:   www.rickenbackermotors.org

Further information on these cars or joining us can be reached by contacting Frank Castillo, Membership Services (909) 296-0980 - frankjocelyncastillo@gmail.com

On 8/10/2017 at 7:30 AM, Restorer32 said:

I will have to ask the owner if he is a member of the club. Young guy with an old car which he really enjoys.

Thanks for asking the owner.  Can you send year, model, numbers, and a picture if possible.  We are always looking and recording information on existing cars out there.  And having him as a member would be great.  

New membership is always welcome.  

Frank

www.rickenbackermotors.org

Many many years ago, I saw a Rickenbacker on a nighttime tour I went on with an antique car group. Gorgeous all lit up. It was HUGE, and beautifully restored. It was about the size of a '27 Cadillac 7 passenger limousine that was also there. (Me and my puny '25 Studebaker standard.) The fellow that had the Rickenbacker had tried to get William Harrah to buy it. But Harrah already had a twin to it, also beautifully restored, so the story went. Maybe there are two of those huge beauties out there somewhere.

Every Rickenbacker I have seen since, was about the size of my Studebaker, however, they were more elegant looking. Beautiful cars. I looked at a two door coach ('23 I think?) for sale almost twenty years ago. It needed a lot of work, but was sure tempting. I often wonder whatever became of that one also.

• 1 month later...

I was wandering through the photos posted on another site, of the cars and sights at Hershey the few days past,. and what should be there? A Rickenbacker (two door I think) sedan (coach?). Smaller size, neat looking car. The amazing thing was, Except that this car was clean and shined up so nice, it looked just like the two door coach I saw nearly twenty years ago. Same color, just really sharp looking. The car I saw so many years ago looked like it might have been good enough to clean up and detail as a preservation car, although I would have speculated the paint was not the original. Both cars were red body, black fenders. The car almost twenty years ago I think had original interior, I didn't look close enough to see if it was usable or not. 

I just have to wonder. Could the car in Pennsylvania have been the same one I saw in Nevada so long ago? If so, someone did a great job making it look nice.

• 1 month later...

I apologize I have bot been on here in awhile, but Mr. Hammers (Restorer32), you performed the wonderful service work on my Rickenbacker, greatly appreciated!

I am a member of the Rickenbacker Club and coincidentally I helped in constructing the new web page, www.rickenbackermotors.org, for the club.

As for Mr. Sheldon (wayne Sheldon), please check out the pictures I took of the 1924 Rickenbacker. http://rickenbackermotors.org/1924-sn17096-c6-coupe/

I took the first picture back in 2008 at an AACA event in Gettysburg, and the other pictures I took this year at Hershey (2017). It does sport a Utah license plate, so it is highly likely the car you might have seen in Nevada, long ago.

1924 SN17096 C6 Coupe.JPG

1924 SN17096 C6 Coupe (1).jpg

1924 SN17096 C6 Coupe (2).jpg

1924 SN17096 C6 Coupe (3).jpg

1924 SN17096 C6 Coupe (5).jpg

1924 SN17096 C6 Coupe (6).jpg

1924 SN17096 C6 Coupe (7).jpg