65 Riviera Gran Sport (?) for sale $36k in CA

cjp69

3 hours ago, Rivdrivn said:

It has a couple of non-original items under the hood that I can't quite figure out. A tank of some kind on the drivers side and a line or cable on the other side in front.

Looks as if someone added an overflow tank for the radiator and when I enlarge the picture, it appears as if a zip tie is being used to support one of the hoses coming off the a/c condenser.

That obviously is a crazy listing! Ick.

I must say, though, don't knock MAACO too bad. I had a local shop paint my Jeep (recommended by a great vintage paint shop when I didn't want to spend $7K+). If you do the proper prep work to set them up, and pay for their best plan, it's a decent job for less than $2K, and a lot of cars don't warrant spending crazy paint money on because you would never see it back. Just my opinion. I could get three MAACO paint jobs for what the vintage shop wanted to charge, and that's an option to always think about.

EDIT: But I would NEVER have them paint my Riviera, haha.

Edited by bodayguy (see edit history)

On 12/7/2016 at 0:13 PM, RivNut said:

Looks as if someone added an overflow tank for the radiator and when I enlarge the picture, it appears as if a zip tie is being used to support one of the hoses coming off the a/c condenser.

Just for the record: Someone added an overflow tank to my radiator and I have at least one zip tie under the hood. ;)

• Like 1