Collection of Buicks, Buick parts cars to be auctioned

adoldfield

Buick parts cars to be auctioned:

More than forty Buicks and Buick parts cars will be auctioned Saturday, Nov. 19th in Granville, Iowa - including many first generation Rivieras.

I have no financial interest in this - I am advising the family of a long time club member as they dispose of their father's lifetime collection of old cars and parts.

Terry Hodgen favored Buicks, and especially early Rivieras. Granville is a small town in northwest Iowa where Terry had his auto parts business. The parts inventory, fixtures etc will be auctioned by Klein Auction beginning at 10am Nov. 19th.

LIST OF CARS

Running and driving:

1969 Riviera GS, 430 4 barrel, vinyl top, power windows, power locks, hideaway headlights, auto on column, very little body rust, (above average)

1965 Riviera, 2 dr. auto on floor, (Runs, drives & has title)

1972 Custom Skylark, 4 door, vinyl top, 350 2 barrel eng, auto on column, 87,000 miles

Parts cars:

’63 Riviera 2 dr

‘66 Riviera 2 dr hardtop, auto on column, 425 4 barrel, hideaway headlights, black

’67 LeSabre 2 dr,  hardtop, auto on column

’66 Wildcat, 2 dr  hardtop, auto on column (Title)

’65 Riviera

’65 Riviera

’65 Rivera

’64 Rivera

‘64 Riviera

’63 Riviera

’65  Riviera

‘65 Riviera (1492 no hood)

‘64 Riviera blue

’66 Rivera

’62 Invicta, 4 dr hardtop

’66 LaSabre 400, 4 dr

’64  Riviera

’71  Skylark 2 dr

’63 Riviera 2 dr (1496)

’65 Riviera 2 dr(1495)

‘64 Riviera

’64 Electra 4 dr

‘69 Electra 225 2 dr, 455 engine

’58 Super 4 dr, hardtop

’64 Wildcat, black

’65 Riviera, 401 engine

‘69 Electra 225

’63 Riviera (1509)

’54 or ’55 Century 4 dr

‘48 Super 4 dr

’60 Electra 4 dr

’69 Chevrolet Custom N pickup, 350  (Title)

’66 Riviera(1511)

’56 or ’57 _______ 4 dr

’65 Riviera(1402)

’65 Wildcat

Bill of sale on the Klein website.

For more information:

Jim at Klein Auction

712 786 2870

http://www.kleinrealestate-auction.com/

• Like 1

So tempting to hook the trailer to the truck and wander down...that said, it looks like I may already have a car spending the winter in the trailer, so until I get more organized, there's not really any space at the inn.  I could use some of those tools and such I'm sure...happily, it is far enough away to temper the temptation. 

1 hour ago, Thriller said:

So tempting to hook the trailer to the truck and wander down...that said, it looks like I may already have a car spending the winter in the trailer, so until I get more organized, there's not really any space at the inn.  I could use some of those tools and such I'm sure...happily, it is far enough away to temper the temptation. 

Me too.  The wife's Camaro is in the enclosed trailer for the winter.

• 3 weeks later...

OK Buick People: I checked out the  article and the pictures of the cars. 

Good: Lots of old Buicks and lots of mud for making mud pies for guys like myself.

Bad: Most of the cars are really rough. This auction is now getting tons of publicity. There will be many many people attending and many legit  buyers.  The prices? I'm afraid that they will be at the top of the market. If one were to catch something slipping in between the cracks they'd be more than lucky.

I'm not attending so I won't be a threat to people who want to get cars cheap.  I wish I were in a position to purchase the entire estate...but I'm not!  Mitch

I posted some of the results with pictures in another thread in the General section.  Sorry about that.  Perhaps the moderator can combine that one with this one?  They were unbelievably low prices.  I was on the way from Texas to visit my sister in Minnesota so I wasn't prepared with a trailer or anything like that.  If I had a trailer there, it would have something on it for sure.

Edited by TxBuicks (see edit history)