Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

4 minutes ago, spraybob said:

If you look at the pix, his engine is green. Original Rivs had a silver engine. My car has a green engine as well. The ID on the block starts 4i. I was told that's a 1962 engine.

You were told correctly.

57 minutes ago, JZRIV said:

66 in MN. This could be a heck of a find. Friend Barry Smith sent it to me and he called and talked to the owner. Seller is not internet or digital savvy so is not able to provide more pics. Owners says its original paint. Nice color combo with the beautiful white interior. Be worth checking out is someone is interested and in area

https://duluth.craigslist.org/cto/d/duluth-1966-riviera-survivor/7476637669.html

1966 Riviera Survivor 28,600 original miles . Air, tilt, power seat & windows. Red w/white interior 8 out of 10 . Asking $22,500 call show contact info
if you have any questions or would like to come check it out .

Duluth66.jpg

Looks like a nice original car...I travel through Duluth / Superior at least 4 times a year, sometimes more. I was just through there a couple of weeks ago! Wish the car was for sale then, I would have stopped for a look see.

Tom

On 6/18/2022 at 7:16 AM, EmTee said:

Why does it have deluxe door panels and a standard back seat...?

...and what happened to the 'Star Wars' air cleaner?

Good questions! I don’t know the car or the seller. The paint caught my eye. It also has GS badges but is it a GS?

Edited by MrAG Riv (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 6:16 AM, EmTee said:

Why does it have deluxe door panels and a standard back seat...?

...and what happened to the 'Star Wars' air cleaner?

Open the link. In the description, the sellers state that the engine is not original and the Star Wars air cleaner did not come with the car originally.

• Thanks 1

Saw a pic of the rear diff. (thanks Chris)No LS tag was visible in normal 3-6 o-clock location. I have my doubts this was ever a GS. Strange thats it has deluxe door panels and standard seats. I can't recall ever seeing that combination. 

The Starwars is what gives the 67 GS desireability. Crazy that someone would put that much money in a paint job but doesn't buy the correct air cleaner.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I’ve wanted to buy a 63 riviera for a long time. I put money done on one recently. I would love to believe everyone when they say numbers match. I asked about transmission, they told me they were fairly certain that had been replaced. As far as the engine, they believe it is original but told me in 63 it was a little more difficult to verify. That didn’t sound correct to me, but wanted to see if someone could point me in the right direction.