Why today is the worst day of the year

Restorer32

Trailer packed, everything ready for Hershey. Adrenaline pumping. Ready to roll but have to wait until tomorrow. Only a 45 minute drive so can't waste the day driving. My mind is already at Hershey. Wish my body were. Wife says Hershey is the only thing that gets me excited anymore,

• Like 2

I feel you pain!  There is nothing like Hershey if you are an old car fan. The number of rare cars that show up is incredible and the parts for sale just blows the mind!  Hope the weather gods smile on this years event.

Terry

• Like 1

I know what you mean Restorer32. This will be our 48th year and I can't wait. Every year about this, time there seems to be something in the air that seems to say HERSHEY is coming! I wanted to pack last week and my wife talked me out of it. 

Will be my 49th and it's just as much fun, but in different ways, as it was in 1968. Cars come and go, even wives come and go but Hershey is always Hershey. We have several customers who have been to 50+ Hersheys. Will be #56 for one. Would be interesting to know who holds the record but would be difficult to verify I suppose.

I have been on the fence about going for the last 2 weeks.  I had the hotel room all booked,  a sitter lined up for our bigger kids (we are dragging our Auburn along with us again this year)  This will be her second year.  

With the garage project, as well as the sale and emptying of my existing shop and another house I have under contract I'm still wondering if it's wise to go.  The wife is also not enthused to go this year either.  I think that has to do with bringing our 2 year old along. 

Today she called our motel,  which is just a short walk from the park entrance and they didn't have our reservation.  I told her that made it easy,  we will just stay home then.  Miraculously they called back and found us a room in their motel for Tuesday night through Thursday night.  Hard to believe they had one available that wasn't reserved.  I'm thinking there is/was a computer glitch and they lost their reservations for this week and are just filling them with the regulars that come in as they call or show up.  Seems the same people book the place every year by the cars I see in the parking lot. 

I guess that means we are meant to go.  

I'll be trolling for random NOS parts including radio delete plates,  pedal pads, Seal tite spark plug ends, switches and of course parts for my Cord and Hudson big boy pickup. 

Guest Aust42President
On 04/10/2016 at 4:45 AM, Buffalowed Bill said:

Sadly for many of us on the other side of the country, Hershey is destined to remain only a dream!

Sadly for many of us on the other side of the GLOBE , Hershey is destined to remain a dream !!

Thursday afternoon I will probably just decide to GO. It's 5 hours for me.

I go back a couple of decades and remember the pre-computer and pre-cellphone days.

Remember that lille diner in the corner of the Hummelstown Plaza, filled with Hershey guys for supper and the long line at the phones?

I did a job in PA back in 2011 and stopped in that diner on the way home. No pay phones but the ghosts of Hersheys past were a strong presence.

012a.jpg013.jpg

Bernie

012a.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

LOL!

I wish I could GO to Hershey.....  Reading the recent AACA magazines, I'm a bit aggravated I cannot attend.  Would love to meet y'all & see some of the places there....

Cort, www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pig&cowValves.paceMaker * 1979 Caprice Classic + 81mc

"& the simple truth so very much clearer" | Everything | 'Hooch'

On 05/10/2016 at 9:05 AM, Aust42President said:

Sadly for many of us on the other side of the GLOBE , Hershey is destined to remain a dream !!

You gotta do it! Made the trip in 2012, it's a looooooong 14 hour flight from Sydney to LA, after that it's easy!

Does any one post some pictures of the swap meet? I would have loved to go this year, but it did not work out. With all of the drone use set up with cameras, a well shot promo video. Showing a fly over of the swap meet/show field. (with some cool back ground music) And that would draw in more car guys/gals. And that would be a big win the the businesses in the area.  

I only took one photo from the bridge to show a friend how far our hotel that we still had to walk to was with a full cart and a wagon with a 2 year old and ll her gear. It was little more than a tiny spot in the distance.   And the bridge is in the middle of the meet,  Not the back field by the car corral where we had just come from.