Glidden Tour

Bob Giles

• 2 weeks later...

I've been giving this some thought since I had done it with my 1912 Oakland back in 1998 when the Glidden Tour was based at the Mt. Washington Hotel https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/bretton-woods-mount-washington

Here is a link to the Mt. Washington Auto Road, steeper than the Pikes Peak Road, although not as high elevation, and we did that one in several cars, including our 1927 Chevy Roadster, 1963 Impala, 1934 Buick, etc http://www.mtwashingtonautoroad.com/

The Cog Railway is also very interesting

Looking forward to visiting with Y'all. We are car #88, the yellow 1941 Cadillac convertible, which this summer has also been driven on:

AACA Sentimental Tour - Salisbury, NC

CCCA Mini CARAvan - Salem, OH

AACA Founders Tour - Huntingdon, PA

VMCCA Heritage Tour - Grand Rapids, MI

AACA Eastern Division Tour - Ashland, VA

1941 Cadillac - Lighthouse Point 001.jpg

• Like 1

Chris and I was going   on the Glidden    Chris is going in for surgery  on the 12th so we had to cancel .  Want to try my 32 on the  trail up that little hill  HA HA  Hope sheis up and around by Hershey .  kig32

I will be on the CCCA caravan at the same time and the two tours ar meeting up for one of the days. I drove my 1936 Pierce Arrow up it twenty years ago, and plan to do so again. It was great fun. Ed

• 2 weeks later...

What a great place to Tour!   We did the Glidden Tour there in 1998 and the Sentimental Tour there in 2014 with VMCCA Tour in between plus a few private tours.  We didn't all stay at the Mt. Washington Hotel, they had newer motels close by. (Picture)  Great Tour Country!  

Thanks for the nice pictures.

My Scans.jpg