MrEarl

Parting 53 thru 56 Buicks

Recommended Posts

MrEarl and friend Kowpi after a day of turning wrenches to the left so that you, my friends, can turn your wrenches to the right.

IMG_6793_zpscg4kutvx.jpg

 

Over the next 2-3 weeks I will be pulling and listing parts from mainly 54,5's and 6's but have a few parts from a 53. I generally try and clean most parts so they can be inspected for cracks, breaks etc. I describe the condition as honestly and to the best of my knowledge as possible.   Let me know if their is anything in particular you may need. Please email at  1954buick @ gmail dot com

 

BCA Members receive 10% off any eBay Auction items 

 

All proceeds go to the build of the Buick Sales and Service Garage

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some engine and other parts recently pulled from a 60K mile '56 Century estate wagon. They can be found listed on my eBay auction here >   http://www.ebay.com/sch/54roadmasters/m.html?item=162036827133&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

 

Intake Manifold SOLD

P1010802.JPG

 

Sold V

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tOkAAOSw14xXEWuZ/s-l1600.jpg

 

Sold V

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/S~YAAOSw7n9XEXBa/s-l1600.jpg

 

Sold V

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/cAcAAOSwLmVXDm4N/s-l1600.jpg

 

Sold V

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Zr8AAOSwgn5XEXSU/s-l1600.jpg

 

Sold V

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4D4AAOSwaGtXEXfD/s-l1600.jpg

 

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/u1cAAOSw1DtXD8A3/s-l1600.jpg

 

From a 53 4 door Roadmaster

The passenger side is SOLD, the driver side is up for free grabs, pay shipping.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/qisAAOSw6wRXAIrU/s-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the deal on the harmonic balancer? I'm interested.   Also that heat shield.  I don't think I ever saw one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

 Also that heat shield.  I don't think I ever saw one of those.

Yeah I'm curious as to where that even came from. My car came 100% complete (save throttle spring return bracket and dashpot bracket) and I've never seen anything like that. Also interesting the starter is green, mine came off black.

Edited by Beemon (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamar, fun to see you out and having fun.  We all appreciate your efforts on behalf of a lot of Buicks and their owners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Whats the deal on the harmonic balancer? I'm interested.   Also that heat shield.  I don't think I ever saw one of those.

The harmonic balancer starts at $40 JD, if it doesn't sell make me an offer.

7 hours ago, Beemon said:

Yeah I'm curious as to where that even came from. My car came 100% complete (save throttle spring return bracket and dashpot bracket) and I've never seen anything like that. Also interesting the starter is green, mine came off black.

 

The "heat shield" is the starter shield.Generally the first time the starter starts giving trouble and the owner has to start using a screwdriver or pliers to jump the solenoid, or the starter gets replaced,  the cover gets pulled off, laid aside and never put back on again. Sort of like the spark plug covers the first time or so that the plugs are replaced.   What's so nice about this piece aside from it's nice condition is that the tapered end (self tapping?) bolts come with it, the buyer won't have to scrounge around for bolts and likely use the wrong thread and strip the bolt holes out.   

Seeing it still under the car was my first hint that the 60K miles showing on the odometer might be the first 60K. As I started seeing the original paint on the starter AND starter solenoid and other engine parts and the lack of wear on pedals etc, I realized the odometer most likely hadn't been around once.

 

12 hours ago, smithbrother said:

Fitty Fo, 

 

You sure got that BEAUTIFUL Buick shirt dirty, YOU bad!

 

Wishing you well in selling,,,,,

 

Dale in Indy

 

Tha's actually  pretty clean for the end of the day. Thanks for the well wishes Smitty.

 

1 hour ago, Fr. Buick said:

Lamar, fun to see you out and having fun.  We all appreciate your efforts on behalf of a lot of Buicks and their owners. 

 

Compared to  Construction Pre-Bid meetings, change orders and assessing liquidated damages on lame contractors like in my previous "job", yea, I guess you could call it fun. The fun is knowing  the proceeds will help in getting the garage finished so I can get my babies in and back out on the Buick Highway.  Thanks for the kind words.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I'd share a picture of the above early 55-56  intake manifold (on right) alongside a 53-early 55  manifold I bought at a swap meet several years ago. The color match of the repainted one (which I assume was painted with the Bill Hirsh paint) and the original paint is almost dead on.

P1010897.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening.  Would you happen to be selling any A/C parts for a 55 Buick?

 

Power brake master cylinder?

 

Power seat assembly?

 

Power window assemblies?

 

Also, a question...are the engine pulleys the same between the 264 and 322 engines?

 

Thanks so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some 55 AC parts. No 55 PB parts. I have a '56 6 way seat. I have 54 power window assemblies that most likely will interchange with 55. 54 264's had cast iron  pulleys vs a harmonic balancer with pulley's, pretty sure the same for 55. What engine do you have and what do you need as far as pulley's.  email me with what model 55 you have and what you're doing ie if you are going for totally correct or custom or ?  and where you are  1954buick@gmail.com

 

There is another member here who had advertised some 55 Buick AC stuff a week or so ago, you may want to check that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamer ,

will the  power seat set up fir my  Century?

if so I am in, being very tall the 6 way seat would be a better fit for the long drives.

I could send you the funds at the same time as the power steering.

 Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure it will fit but will need some work incl bottom rails as the cars floors were rusted through.  You may can swap parts with yours. Email me for pictures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for a 322 bellhousing and flywheel for 3 speed manual transmission.  I think the 264/322 bellhousing is the same but flywheels are unique. Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck56R said:

Looking for a 322 bellhousing and flywheel for 3 speed manual transmission.  I think the 264/322 bellhousing is the same but flywheels are unique. Thanks

 

 

The 322's came with a heavy duty 6 bolt top transmission and the 264 a lighter 5 bolt. The bell housings are different as well as the flywheels. I have some spare 322 3 speed stuff and can probably help, will look see. Considering your user name, you must have a Super, what year. You may want to introduce yourself up in the General forum :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, superbuick said:

Lamer ,

will the  power seat set up fir my  Century?

if so I am in, being very tall the 6 way seat would be a better fit for the long drives.

I could send you the funds at the same time as the power steering.

 Steve

Greetings I'm in the process of helping a friend with a 1950 series 61 Cadd install a 56 Buick power seat from a Roadmaster. We are putting it in his car becuz my 55 Cent measures 49" approx center to center of the tracks that bolt to the floor and the 56 Roadie track measures 55". The mechanism that rotates to move both sides is three tubes of successive smaller diameter inside one another that have levers welded on the passenger end. I decided cutting them to disassemble and shorten then welding back together with the levers on the ends "clocked" correctly as from the factory was more than I wanted to take on. I would love to find one from the Spec/Century, but I'm almost guessing they only came in convertibles in the smaller series from the research I've done. When we tested the unit it would certainly be nice to have given how adjustable it is! Sorry to wax long, but I thought, "expiring minds want to know" PS If you have one for the small series you want to sell let me know, I'm a fan! Still Buickling, Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of differences between roady wide body seats and century seats. The Skylark used a Roady seat and yes, the mounts are different. I made a simple bracket as the Skylark seat mounts were hacked in as an afterthought when they were built. My advice would be to save your wide body seat for a guy restoring a Skylark or Roady but its not worth the trouble putting it into a small body. 

20160420_164557_resized.jpg

20160424_075625_resized.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed.  It is a nice unit that swaps easily into 54 and 55.  I have one in my 54 Super and love it, especially the metal side skirts.  Leave it alone for someone else and look for a smaller unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

Greetings I'm in the process of helping a friend with a 1950 series 61 Cadd install a 56 Buick power seat from a Roadmaster. We are putting it in his car becuz my 55 Cent measures 49" approx center to center of the tracks that bolt to the floor and the 56 Roadie track measures 55". The mechanism that rotates to move both sides is three tubes of successive smaller diameter inside one another that have levers welded on the passenger end. I decided cutting them to disassemble and shorten then welding back together with the levers on the ends "clocked" correctly as from the factory was more than I wanted to take on. I would love to find one from the Spec/Century, but I'm almost guessing they only came in convertibles in the smaller series from the research I've done. When we tested the unit it would certainly be nice to have given how adjustable it is! Sorry to wax long, but I thought, "expiring minds want to know" PS If you have one for the small series you want to sell let me know, I'm a fan! Still Buickling, Greg

 

Look for one out of a '57 Olds. Much more readily available as it seems that a lot more Olds had power options than Special/Centuries. I have parted a few '57 Olds for power options for Buick projects. Don't have any parts left except a power window set up for a '57/'58 small series Buick's or all series of '57/'58 Olds 4DR HT. I think there is or has been an Olds power seat set up for sale on eBay with a buy it now price. If you are interested and can't find the add let me know and I will see if I can it.

 

Gary

Edited by g-g-g0
Edit (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much higher will the power seats be that the original manual seats? I assume the power seat frame is a little higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would adjust higher than a manula seat, but i never measured.  What is cool is the tilt feature for my bad back.  And easier to move the seat forward to help rear passangers get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MrEarl said:

 

The 322's came with a heavy duty 6 bolt top transmission and the 264 a lighter 5 bolt. The bell housings are different as well as the flywheels. I have some spare 322 3 speed stuff and can probably help, will look see. Considering your user name, you must have a Super, what year. You may want to introduce yourself up in the General forum :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr Earl, thanks for setting the bell housing question right.  I was wrong about it, I didn't realize they were different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difference in bellhousings

 

 5 bolt transmission bell housing from 264, note the 2 lower mount bolt holes. The casting was made the same but drilled differently

100_3860.jpg100_3863.jpg

 

6 bolt bellshousing from 322, note that the bolt is lower than the 5 bolt bellhousing

100_3864.jpg100_3865.jpg

 

and on the front, there is a hole on the 5 bolt/264 bellhousing

100_3877.jpg

 

but not on the 322/6 bolt bellhousing. again, note that the casting numbers are the same.

100_3878.jpg

 

Will try and dig into my pile tomorrow and see what I have Chuck.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...