Help with classic car parts

Guest Doreen

Yay I think I found a part!! But my question is are there other models or years that these seat sides fit?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]251806[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]251807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]251808[/ATTACH]

the 3rd pic is one I found online...thanks

the pic says 1946 Cadi Ford Crestmark 5 door ambulance

I did hear stories of them fixing an ambulance here many years ago[/quote

These are on ebay for $75 and marked 52-53-54 Ford. Bleach is right on.

$_57.JPG

Has a Ford tag, can't read the part number, not sure if the part is complete or if it has been cut to do a section repair on a damaged vehicle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]251798[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]251799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]251800[/ATTACH]

I was just identifying some parts and one had the same type number starting with BV. Ford seemed to use alot of number sequences for only one year so this may be the panel for a 55 or 56 Mercury. That's what the molding I identified fit. I'll try to run the number later.

The BV-7C40320-B is a 1956 Mercury lower back panel for all models excluding Wagon. As you mentioned it looks like it may have been cut for a partial repair as it should have been a full panel with the 2 ends looking the same. Looks like the cut it in the middle.

The radiator number 1656446 doesn't come up so it looks like it's just the production number for the tank. Incidentally looking in my 1955-1958 Master catalog illustrations none of the 1955-1958 models had a fixed shroud on them. None even showed a bolt on one although they may have made one, Possibly even for AC cars or HD cooling that came as part of that option but was not welded to the radiator.

Has a Ford tag, can't read the part number, not sure if the part is complete or if it has been cut to do a section repair on a damaged vehicle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]251798[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]251799[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]251800[/ATTACH]

I don't see where this part would be on the 56 Mercury

56_Mercury-Montclair-DV-11-GC_05.jpg

The 7 is the beginning main part number like the group in GM numbers. The BV is the year code for sake of not knowing the correct term.

In the 1940's and 1950's Ford used alot of odd codes that didn''t follow the system of the later codes.

If it was similar to the 60's system and later a 1961 Mercury part would have the C1MY designation. So in this case the number would have had to have been B6MY, but as far as I know Ford never used a number like that. Some were OA, others were PB I think PBM9 is 59 Mercury but for 1956 they didn't use PBM6. So really the sequences and letters/ numbers are very random. The exception being the Ford cars themselves (excluding mercury and Lincoln) that started with the B4A B5A ,B6A, B7A which of course were 1955, 1956 ,1957, 1958 etc.

Since you have a Ford you regularly see those numbers so it would seem they used the same system across the whole FOMOCO line up.

I identify alot of parts with parts books so eventually you get used to the no rhyme or reason different manufacturers use to ID their parts.

Hopefully that helps explain it. It seems in about 1960 Ford got their act together and came up with the system everyone seems to understand.

Guest Doreen

[ATTACH=CONFIG]252207[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]252208[/ATTACH]

I tried searching the part number but no luck

Guest Doreen

Not sure if this would go with the above parts...I find no part # there is a partial tag and hand written on the part says 46 & 47 Pontiac and the letters MOX

[ATTACH=CONFIG]252209[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]252210[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]252211[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]252212[/ATTACH]

Guest Doreen

Question...did I read correctly on here a thread about glass? I thought I saw something glass has to be stored a certain way.. I have either a windshield or back glass..wondering if I should toss it. It was in the hot ceiling rafters of the body shop...thanks

It was a thread about a guy who had found a rear window and didn't know what it came from.

I don't know about tossing it. I've never heard of such a thing happening. I've stored a few curved windshields flat for a few years and later installed them without any noticeable differences.

I know that glass does have some "liquid" properties but I've only seen it happen to pane glass used in buildings.

Guest Doreen

wow thanks Seeker you sure do know your cars...thanks Terry I was thinking for a pick up...ok how about this I'm guessing (which I'm usually wrong) an interior window trim cause of the little hole where I think the lock would be on a door

post-100887-1431425605_thumb.jpg

post-100887-143142560496_thumb.jpg

post-100887-143142560498_thumb.jpg

post-100887-143142560496_thumb.jpg

post-100887-143142560498_thumb.jpg

post-100887-1431425605_thumb.jpg

Guest Doreen

Another radio? Someone guessed a heater...also check out in the background the bed of the pick-up full of parts to id still

post-100887-14314256118_thumb.jpg

post-100887-143142561156_thumb.jpg

post-100887-143142561173_thumb.jpg

Guest Doreen

thanks roadster...for a minute I thought your post was some info on the above part...not enjoying the 50 plus years of auto body dust on them LOL ....thanks for following and hopefully you will be able to help me out. Doreen

Maybe 37 or 38 Buick from what I could find Buick%201937%20AM%20Centerline%20radio%20Buick%20980534.jpg?attredirects=0&height=300&width=400

The image won't post but here is the link https://sites.google.com/site/identifyinginstrumentpanels/home/radios/buick-1

Be very careful when handling the moldings if they have any wrappers as without a part number most of the straight moldings without a definitive profile will be near impossible to ID.

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Guest Doreen

wow thanks seeker...much appreciated, tomorrow I was going to try to unscrew and open up the box like I did with the other radio to see if there were tubes inside

you guys are the best, have a great night

Doreen

Thank you Chuck

Just wanted to post this which I thought was really cool..I found this really heavy metal box with a wire coming out of it. My first thought that it was a car battery. I wiped off the front of it and saw it said Motorola 45 on the front with possibly a speaker. I guessed maybe radio but didn't think it could be because of the weight. Well I took out a few screws and yes it is a radio! Checked it out online and it's from the 30's I didn't know they had car radios back than.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]249333[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]249334[/ATTACH]

If you look on the Zenith radio there may be a tag with a series of letters and numbers. Here is a link to a Zenith Chart that shows which cars they were used in based on the number.

https://sites.google.com/site/identifyinginstrumentpanels/home/radio-charts/zenith

The 55 Chevy rear center bumper section looks correct to me. The originals were riveted together. It almost looks like there are still rivets in a hole on each end.

The other piece I would say you are right about a grille part. Kind of looks like a Cadillac that goes between the dagmars (bullets) It's not as V'eed as a 1955 so it could be eariler. I could be entirely wrong as well.

Doreen ,I have parts books, if you print the parts number # by company a list for mopar! A list for chevrolet & ford,

I will help you identify the mopar parts ,Mopar bring good money,I have a good collection of books.

Am sure other members,will help you also.nos.eddy

Guest Doreen

Thank you eddy, I'll take all the help I can get...I'll be posting more parts pics on Monday when I get back to work