What's wrong with this picture....

trimacar

...or, how not to advertise a car...on local Craigslist, says good daily driver, then what's that thing attached to the front of the car?

"Red 67 mustang. Rebuilt inline six motor. New wiring new radiator. Lots of new parts. New interior. Needs minor body work. Road worthy everyday driver. Trade or sell just make an offer. Text price or pics of trade to 540xxxxxxx..."

post-31482-143142261624_thumb.jpg

It's about the same as the pictures I have seen on Ebay and elsewhere, where the owner took the picture at a car show with a big antifreeze puddle and trail under the car then states how great it runs and drives. Atleast pull it somewhere else for the photos where there isn't a fresh antifreeze puddle.

That is a tie down in case the wind picks up, or maybe to keep that horse still for the photo.

I have seen photos of before: damage was on the left front, and the after photo was of the right front.

Tie down is my favorite answer.

No, a correct push strap will do it's job, as long as there's power to the front vehicle. It's all on your point of view.....

I have a friend back down south, he's a Ford fanatic...and one tour, his car died not far from home base, and I took a picture of the Chevy that was pulling it back to the hotel...and we put it in the newsletter...and man, was he PO'd....same gentleman who came to a tour in my hometown, and I loaned him a car, and couldn't resist...a 1958 Chevy...and he got kidded unmercifully on the tour!

I have a friend/customer who, let's say, marches to the beat of a different drummer. Several years ago he was alone on one of his farms. The tractor wouldn't start so he decided to tow start it himself. No regular strap or chain being available he chained the tractor to his pickup via a set of tire chains. Try to follow this now. He set the e-brake on the tractor, started the pickup (automatic), took up the slack in the chain and put a brick on the gas pedal. Quick jump on the tractor and release the brake. Tractor starts moving so he pops the clutch on the tractor which starts as planned. Now to brake the tractor to stop the pickup. Unfortunately the tire chain wasn't up to the task and snapped. Picture the pickup picking up speed as it heads across the field toward the hiway. Picture my friend ( well over 60 at the time) chasing the pickup on foot. Luckily he managed to catch the truck and stop it before it hit the road. Some of you would likely know this man, a long time Hershey regular. So I'm thinking the Mustang was fixing to tow another vehicle, thus the strap. Better visibility if you tow backwards.