LOOK WHO'S COMING TO BREAKFAST IN SOUTH BEND

MrEarl

Guest wildcat465

X3

The miles are low enough to impress anyone, put some more on it, get it broken in at least!

You wont add too many going to South Bend for sure, but like Ship says, can we see it in Lexington?

Edited by wildcat465 (see edit history)

Back to the top and to say that there will again be a Yankee Swap gift exchange. The cost of the gift should not exceed the cost of a decent bottle of wine or pint of 'shine and should be either wrapped or brought in a bag. Gifts can be gag or serious. In short here is how it generally works. Two decks of cards are used. Cards from one deck are handed out to all participants (those who brought gifts for exchange) and the person facilitating the swap calls out cards from the other deck. Whoever has the matching card either steals a gift from a former player or selects one from the table. Play continues until all the gifts are unwrapped.

Mr. Earl If you would limit the number of times as item could be stolen say 3 the process will move along faster. Knowing that time is an issue it might help. Just a suggestion. Cant wait,

Chuck

Very well...I delegate you as the official gift swapped counter ;).... heck, I do good to get the card suit and numbers right.....

I am also going to ensure that the cards that are in the deck being called out match the ones handed out.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I have never been an official gift swapper before, but rest assured the people at the breakfast will keep track of the times an item was swapped especially if someone really wants something, brings out the competitive animals in grown adults. :cool:

Guest wildcat465
Me neither, Brother.I will be getting my automotive hankering taken care of with my Great Race experience, but it's not the same.

We could have breakfast before the Great Race.

Or lunch, depending on the previous night activities.

MR EARL! Just a thought since we are so rushed at breakfast why don't we also do a meet and greet in the evening like we did in Charlotte in a bar with no cars, or texting and driving,etc

Remember I'm paid big bucks to come up with these ideas!! $0-0=$0:cool:

MR EARL! Just a thought since we are so rushed at breakfast why don't we also do a meet and greet in the evening like we did in Charlotte in a bar with no cars, or texting and driving,etc

Remember I'm paid big bucks to come up with these ideas!! $0-0=$0:cool:

Now there's a fair bit of logic in that, keep that up and you could be made an honorary Aussie!! You will get to meet my travelling companions that way - they reckon they wont go to breakfast where there isn't beer!!

Guest shadetree77

Stuart, who says there's no beer at breakfast?? Ever hear of Beer-ios? Breakfast of champions.:P

Guest wildcat465
:D:D

That's OK Marck. We can raise a toast in your honour.

Honour in Canuckistan, honor down here. ;)

Here's some more from Friday night.

post-42002-143141931141_thumb.jpg

post-42002-143141931137_thumb.jpg

Paul's picture:

Me working, Bill S. not even paying attention.

My picture:

First dude you see (white shirt) Brian DePouli. Steve Apter with a flashlight. I know Willie was helping, as was Paul S., Bill, of course, drinking a beer, 57 Buick Jim was there. I know we ran into Wildcat 65 (Ted Nagel ) after the work was done. John D might have popped his head in. Lamar was probably sleeping off the stress of hanging out with Progoofoff. Not sure, I was greasy and tired.

I wish I could make it. It is always a fun time.

Edited by buick5563
Added Cod (see edit history)

Guest wildcat62

Open hood=Mantrap. Just the sound of that hood release will cause fellers to mosey over.

Of course standing in front of it scratching your head, will hurry others along. And pointing will simply bring a mob. Beer just makes it a party. :)

Guest my3buicks

LOL Adam, things are not even uncovered yet at 7AM - anymore you are lucky to get all the venders uncovered by end of the day.

Parking lot...my permanent hang place at every national, whether it be BCA, BPG, etc.

You all can have your breakfast while I find all the cool goodies at the swap meet before you get out there;)

I don't know how I missed that generator swap out party last year. I could have at least taken the old one off. I wonder if that was going on at the same time we were at the bar and Ben was teaching the bar tender how to make a Rusty Nail. Those were some of the smallest and tallest bar stools I have ever fallen off of. Didn't think I was ever going to find the floor.

Smartin, If you run up on a '53 thru '56 6 bolt 3 speed, snag if for me please. I'll save you some fried spam.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wildcat62

After visiting several distilleries here in Lexington, Kentucky and seeing how popular a certain libation has been in the past breakfasts... I'm beginning to think I may have an idea of what to bring to the swap.

Hmmmm....:cool:

Kris, Sorry I was not able to make the Riviera Meet this year. Just a shade to many things to do, and now I complicated it by buying a Reatta. I had not even looked at the Riv site for fear a noting what I am missing. Take good notes John