LOOK WHO'S COMING TO BREAKFAST IN SOUTH BEND

MrEarl

Guest wildcat465
Very sad to say, Rita and I won't be making it to breakfast, mainly because we won't be making it to South Bend.

:mad: wildcat465​ does NOT like this.

It is to bad that you won't be there.I hope everything is alright. see you soon.

Frank

Have a great BUICK day

Thanks for your concern Frank as well as others who have emailed and pm'd asking if everything is alright. Didn't mean to create such a stir. We are fine, just having to re-appropriate some $$ to cover a certain car purchase and the garage we will be building over the next few months. I am way overdue on this garage build and have to think that the money I'd spend in SB can go to buy trusses. Believe me MrE does NOT "Like" this either and will miss everyone and the good times I know will be going on. But y'all carry on...and drink one for me.... or two...

Now, maybe if you let Rita carry the cash and credit cards in South Bend, y'all'd be able to afford both....

We're going to miss you mate. It's a shame. Something's not quite right when a geeradge trumps a National....

Right or wrong...Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do Derek....

No Mr. Earl and no Mikey?

I say we cancel the whole dang shootin' match!

A noble sentiment, but really, cancel the whole thing? Lets just postpone the Spam eating contest and carry on with those who are there. ...

Sorry I'm not there but have you guys with me in thoughts this morning. (If I only had me one of them transporters like they have on Star Trek.) Still have not come out of the clouds from the West Coast adventure to rescue a 1915 C-37 that was turned into a pick up and has sat outside for a number of years. The trip was so worth it. The sheet metal is on the ruff side, but it is mechanically complete right down to the original exhaust, complete starter generaton ignition system, and caburetor and manifold. Amazing to find a 98 year old car so mechanicall complete. Also I ended up with a box full of original tools to boot which included an original hand crank, original valve cage ring removal tool and wheel puller. I was half thinking of comming to South Bend but just relized that it is this weekend and not next. Just as well. Swamped with work more work than I can do right now and I would have a few unhappy customers that have been waiting for a while. Everyone enjoy the Spam and other goodies. And most of all enjoy the comaraderie of your fellow Buick pals. Hope you all come home with something good from the yankee swap. I always have such a good time there. Well, Back to the old Grind Stone for me. Enjoy the Show and touring everyone. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Lets just postpone the Spam ...

OMG....gotta wonder now...did I ask the right person to cover for me?!!! Cancel the Spam???!!!!!!!!:mad:..... now I agree, you may as well just call the whole thing off. Jeeeze..all this just because I fulfilled a 10 year old dream and bought a rare fitty fo tree speed at the wrong time and am trying to build a Burage for to store her in. I oughta be shot.

Sorry I'm not there but have you guys with me in thoughts this morning. (If I only had me one of them transporters like they have on Star Trek.) Still have not come out of the clouds from the West Coast adventure to rescue a 1915 C-37 that was turned into a pick up and has sat outside for a number of years. The trip was so worth it. The sheet metal is on the ruff side, but it is mechanically complete right down to the original exhaust, complete starter generaton ignition system, and caburetor and manifold. Amazing to find a 98 year old car so mechanicall complete. Also I ended up with a box full of original tools to boot which included an original hand crank, original valve cage ring removal tool and wheel puller. I was half thinking of comming to South Bend but just relized that it is this weekend and not next. Just as well. Swamped with work more work than I can do right now and I would have a few unhappy customers that have been waiting for a while. Everyone enjoy the Spam and other goodies. And most of all enjoy the comaraderie of your fellow Buick pals. Hope you all come home with something good from the yankee swap. I always have such a good time there. Well, Back to the old Grind Stone for me. Enjoy the Show and touring everyone. Dandy Dave!

Dave, just to make clear, the show IS next weekend ie the 20th, hope this makes a difference for you and you can run down. That was indeed quite a trip you made and I bet you'll never forget it. I enjoyed my trip to NY last week (with exception of the PA roads) and hate we couldn't meet up. But hey, there's always Springfield in '14.

OMG....gotta wonder now...did I ask the right person to cover for me?!!! Cancel the Spam???!!!!!!!!:mad:..... now I agree, you may as well just call the whole thing off. Jeeeze..all this just because I fulfilled a 10 year old dream and bought a rare fitty fo tree speed at the wrong time and am trying to build a Burage for to store her in. I oughta be shot.

I said postpone, not cancel. Who else is gonna eat all that spam? :confused:

Oh my Gawd. I have another week..... :o ...... But will they let me in with the Chartreuse Lady at the last minute? Just for display if I can pull it off.. Not to be judged, ( It has been judged once at a National and once is enough. Let someone else take home a dust collecting trophy.) The real Fun begins with the forum Breakfast and Yankee swap meet, and ends with the Pre War after tour. :cool:

Now, Mr. Earl, you could have waited several weeks and brought your new old car to South Bend after picking it up.... ;) Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

I assume he was talking to you Mike?

So it was WW II, my mistake, bedauern neinem freund.

I imagine.

You made a typo. I razzed. He calls me worse often. ;)

It's what I do.

Everybody turn your sensitivity knobs back down. We're talking Spam here. That always leads to razzing.

Carry on....

I just thought of something and hope someone reads this before breakfast. For gosh sakes make sure there are no open flames near where the Yankee gifts are being opened.

No open flames. New rule. No glass allowed at the forum breakfast. I think we broke 4 gifts and a hotel decoration this morning.

at one point or. another I owned every alcoholic gift brought, but ended up sober inthe end. Paul Syrdal did at least have the common decency to deliver me a double shot of Kentucky bourbon after breakfast as a consolation prize.

Still mourning the loss of the white lightening and the plum brandy!

Surely you're kidding right? What the hell, was Dandy Dave dancin on a table or somethin. So the clear stuff (190 proof btw) and it's chaser, the plum brandy, both are gone? Whoever the culprit, I nominate them for the "Buickman - NOT" award.;)

Looks (and sounds) like some fun was had. I sure did miss being there. Hope to hear more of the shenanigans that went on. Thanks for the pictures 'berta.

I was humbled to receive this prestigous award. Especially when so many are more deserving. Hope all had as good a time as I did . And as always, special thanks to the southern gentleman, Mr. Earl.