LOOK WHO'S COMING TO BREAKFAST IN SOUTH BEND

MrEarl

Guest wildcat62

John S. very sorry you couldn't make it to the ROA meet. It's the biggest yet. Lots of great cars and hope to get the camera to cooperate for photos. We'll definately get to catch up in South Bend. (bring photos of the new addition) :)

John D. with the bourbon they make around here that shouldn't be a problem. Especially that double-oaked has got a lil bite to it at the end. I picked up something and looking for some other goodies to add. ;)

Dave haha! I did get carded once this week, once!

Put me down for 1 - got the registration in at the last minute. (because if it weren't for the last minute nothing would get done). I'll be flying JohnDs wing - either 100 feet behind him or 100 miles behind him :) 1500 miles so far on the rebuilt trans - no more glittery fluid - woo hoo!

Anyone else driving through/from upstate NY?

Edited by KAD36 (see edit history)

Put me down for 1 - got the registration in at the last minute. (because if it weren't for the last minute nothing would get done). I'll be flying JohnDs wing - either 100 feet behind him or 100 miles behind him :) 1500 miles so far on the rebuilt trans - no more glittery fluid - woo hoo!

Anyone else driving through/from upstate NY?

Ken, if you and JohnD are actually going to drive mid 50's iron, I may have to detour up your way to see it actually happen :). Your reward of course is first sampling of the Spam and Vegemite muffin.

What is the name of your gang (sorry, "Texas Road Warriors" is taken)?

Ken, if you and JohnD are actually going to drive mid 50's iron, I may have to detour up your way to see it actually happen :). Your reward of course is first sampling of the Spam and Vegemite muffin.

What is the name of your gang (sorry, "Texas Road Warriors" is taken)?

I don't know who would be more dissapointed by the following, me or anyone else, but I won't be in mid fifties iron. Linda ia coming with me this year and needs the A/C so that limits me to the GS, as the Estate Wagon's is temporarilly disabled. Of course I still am glad to be able to take my car this year. Maybe someday I can get the 56 cool enough to go on another trip to a National.

JD, I need to hook up with you so I can get my Yankee Swap donation to you. Lamar was not going to be able to take it.

Is it going to be legal to transport your gift this year?

Bringin the 50's Iron Willie. No fair looking at the rust hole on the fender - work has been crazy and I've had zero time to cut, weld and touch up paint! Have replenished my stock of traveling parts and have a spare tire that holds air. Think all I am missing is a spare axle. ;) Daughter #2 is coming on the trip - she was at the Nationals in Charlotte last year and liked the show. Theres no AC in the car so I picked up a 12V fan

Squadron name? It ought to be Texas Road Warriors, Eastern Division for all those times you baled me out when I had a pile of pieces in the garage. We'll come up with something unique.

John - looking forward to seeing the 67 and someday running with the 56 - that would be way cool and it seems someone has thrown down a challenge.

Seems like the Northeast Road Warriors would be a good name! wish I could convince the southern tier relatives to come with ya, but may be in 2016! That would be a couple of '56's! Wow, we could have a '55-6 Parade meet in BGM and drive to Allentown, maybe I'd finally get to drive a stick shift '56! LOL! Not! by then the nephews could be driving, nah, just barely! I'm safe!

2007 GLR at Grand Island, NY they were, 6 or 7!

post-30793-143141979767_thumb.jpg

The ManitoBuick contingent (at least all the cars I'm aware of) will be leaving the morning of the 15th. There's a '41 Limited that won't make the trip due to health issues, but I tried to convince its steward that the Roadmaster Estate Wagon (last generation) was a club car and would be welcome at the meet.

Roberta - a 55-56 parade sounds great - take a pass through Bingo and we can hook up and head to Allentown - maybe catch John D along the way. Willie will see us all pull in and be in disbelief (assuming of course we do actually pull it off). We can fly an armadillo on the radio antenna.

My vote for Northeast Road Warriers. Maybe John D's Empire Express - since he got me amp'd up to drive the Buick iron this year instead of the Tahoe. The benefit of the Tahoe last year, besides AC in the 125 deg heat, was being able to haul ProGoofOffs 55 fender home :).

Weigh in JD before we loose control of this naming thing... ;)

Mud - glad you are going. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. Not so sure about this vegemite thing, but Spam is a staple.

Edited by KAD36 (see edit history)

Roberta - a 55-56 parade sounds great - take a pass through Bingo and we can hook up and head to Allentown - maybe catch John D along the way. ...My vote for Northeast Road Warriers. Maybe John D's Empire Express -Weigh in JD before we loose control of this naming thing... ;)

Allentown in 2016 gives me two years to A/C the 56. Sounds like a plan! But that should just be practice for Missouri.

Unsure about the naming thing, although I do like the "Norheast Empire Express".

TTT. We have had 26 people say they were attending and, with the extras, we are up to possibly 38 people so far. Haven't heard yet if Buick Racer or First Born or 57 Buick Jim are attending. Who else are we missing?

JD, we need to think about putting on the internet that folks will not be home and attending an event. Cameras, alarms systems can be bypassed just a thought why you may not hear from some directly on the forum. AND ALL OF YOU NEED TO THINK ABOUT THIS, damn drug addicts look for you leaving your house just to raid it and take your valuables to the pawn shop, gold reclaim and even sign their real names. DUMB ASSes can't hold a job or a girlfriend. Email me for my real thoughts.

Roberta you make a valid point, I thought of that so I have one of my kids stay at my house with the grandkids and one great big dog. Crooks wont bother him but there is a downside, when I get home I will have to spend some quality time with the pooper scopper. Oh the price of security...

Very sad to say, Rita and I won't be making it to breakfast, mainly because we won't be making it to South Bend. Please, please hold your applause... But I will be there in "spirits" and will have a car there. I have asked JohnD and John Scheib to take up my slack. Yep, takes two to replace me;).....

I also have a "Jacuzi King Non-Smoking room at the Inn at St. Marys beginning Thursday that I will be needing to cancel soon. And I just got an email from them advising that I could upgrade it for $1 to this.

King Suite Deluxe

• The King Suite Deluxe features two separate rooms: a Living Room and a Bedroom.
  • The Living Room offers a double pull out sofa sleeper and a small dining table and sink area.
  • For your convenience you will also find a refrigerator and microwave, coffee service, and a flat screen TV.

PM me if interested in taking it and we'll see what we can figure out.

You may now applaud ....

Very sad to say, Rita and I won't be making it to breakfast, mainly because we won't be making it to South Bend. Please, please hold your applause... But I will be there in "spirits" and will have a car there. I have asked JohnD and John Scheib to take up my slack. Yep, takes two to replace me;).....

I also have a "Jacuzi King Non-Smoking room at the Inn at St. Marys beginning Thursday that I will be needing to cancel soon. And I just got an email from them advising that I could upgrade it for $1 to this.

King Suite Deluxe

[*]The King Suite Deluxe features two separate rooms: a Living Room and a Bedroom.

[*]The Living Room offers a double pull out sofa sleeper and a small dining table and sink area.

[*]For your convenience you will also find a refrigerator and microwave, coffee service, and a flat screen TV.

PM me if interested in taking it and we'll see what we can figure out.

You may now applaud ....

:(