I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Thanks for your very professional and restrained response xp-300.

buick man, as I said in my first attempt of a jovial response to your alerting us about HAMBER's possibly getting "peed" about us ripping their photos off, if you seriously think we have violated some copyright law and now if you have some other issue with this thread, please PM me about it. Otherwise please drop the subject so we can get back to enjoying the show. Thanks

My collection amasses over 500 photos that I have bought on EBay, flea markets, Hershey, and other sources. I have been collecting for over 25 years. Most are original that I own and in a few cases have loaned out for publication. If I have posted with my Dave Gelinas Collection watermark, it is in my possession and not from the Internet. If I post without a watermark, I have found it on the WWW and have not claimed it as mine.

Many photos that I have bought on EBay have turned up on the WWW. That problem I can't prevent

My reaction to Mr. Earls comments were in support of his words not an indication of where I find my material.

I have served in elective office in my City and in my State's legislature for over 25 years. I'm very careful in what I do and with what I say. I take the same approach here in the forums. Caution is the best guide.

I post photos for my enjoyment and relaxation and for the pleasure of others. If the members prefer I can discontinue posting, if it has become upsetting to some.

.... take it easy man, geeze give it a rest.

Thanks for your very professional and restrained response xp-300.

buick man, as I said in my first attempt of a jovial response to your alerting us about HAMBER's possibly getting "peed" about us ripping their photos off, if you seriously think we have violated some copyright law and now if you have some other issue with this thread, please PM me about it. Otherwise please drop the subject so we can get back to enjoying the show. Thanks

.... come on you guys, lighten up. Take the ribbing and move on.

Here's a copy of a pre-digital 35mm photo that I took of my 1952 Estate Wagon I owned years ago. I was seriously thinking about dropping it down for that kool look, so before computers and Photoshop, I took a pair of scissors to the photo to get an idea of what it would look like.

Sorry to say I sold the Wagon at the Iola, Wisconsin swap meet in 1990 and bought another 1953 Skylark.

post-41556-143141720673_thumb.jpg

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

post-41556-143141720658_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)

Yup. Just 2 years and 3000 hours seperate them.................Bob

and how many tears and blood drops, foreign objects in eyes, curse words and short prayers?..... Notice I'm not gonna get personal and ask about "dollars".

Bob sent me these photos many years ago and somewhere in the Me and My Buick archives I posted them for him, as well as lots of other "during" photos.

Would this be a good idea for a thread. "My Buick, Before and After" Select two pictures and post. One before and one after. Just those two though!!! Someone besides me needs to start it though, as all of mine are Before, I've never finished anything (except for a few bottles of JWB) :rolleyes::(

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest Caribou
and how many tears and blood drops, foreign objects in eyes, curse words and short prayers?..... Notice I'm not gonna get personal and ask about "dollars".

Bob sent me these photos many years ago and somewhere in the Me and My Buick archives I posted them for him, as well as lots of other "during" photos.

Would this be a good idea for a thread. "My Buick, Before and After" Select two pictures and post. One before and one after. Just those two though!!! Someone besides me needs to start it though, as all of mine are Before, I've never finished anything (except for a few bottles of JWB) :rolleyes::(

Well I'm sure impressed. Give me the same time, money and tools and I wouldn't get half as much work done.

Guest shadetree77

Shot in the dark here....is it a young Cary Grant? Sorta' favors him. I can't see his chin too good in the picture or I'd know for sure.

Guest shadetree77

Amazing work Bob! Let it never be said that a Buick is "too far gone"!

Dale, that '52 in post#541 looks to be wearing the full wheel covers offered that year. Some folks call them "sombrero" style. They were offered as standard on the 70 series, an option on the 50 series, and not available on the 40 series. Thus mine wears the simple "dog dish" style with "beauty rings". Here's a picture of the full wheel cover style.

Lamar, that would be an excellent idea for a thread. Mine is still a work in progress so I couldn't contribute much but I would like to see other pictures like Bob's. Seeing quality work like that is truly inspirational!

post-75106-143141720204_thumb.jpg

Regarding the CAR HAULERS. In my home town, Bloomington, Il. there was a railroad bridge that cars drove under. It had a dip in the middle, and it often FLOODED. Also the height was posted, but it was measured a the deepest part of the dip. Needless to say LONG HAULERS with LONG wheel base trailers would cancel out the height numbers, so several times NEW BUICK'S would arrive at Dad's dealership with caved in roofs.

I can still see my father, hands behind his head saying, "OH NO, NOT AGAIN", and often he would reveal thee name of the person the car was ordered for.

Not a nice moment in his life.

Dale in Indy