I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

AWESOME Robert, where do you find all these. Never mind, don't answer that. Those are some pieces of art. THANKS ROBERT, you're sure earning that BuickMan nomination!!!!!!!!!!!

Here no doubt are my favorites.

Rip-Rap '54 pushin up wild daisy's. Rita give me my heart medicine.....

175667d1359703099-i-just-love-picture-buick-29.jpg

175641d1359702877-i-just-love-picture-buick-3.jpg

175657d1359702904-i-just-love-picture-buick-23.jpg

Buick sponsored the 1958 TV series "Wells Fargo" which starred Dale Roberston. Take a look at the '58 "Wells Fargo" Limited Convertible made for him. Can you imagine getting pulled over in this thing and the cops reaction to the 'hardware' on the door panels and the console. There's more on the web if you're interested and there's a 1:18 diecast available.

In an earlier thread, someone was suggesting tranplanting a radial engine into a 50's Buick. That reminded me of how the U.S. Air Force used to start the engines on their SR71 Blackbirds. Two 425 cubic inch Buick Wildcat (nailheads) in tandem in a cart brought the jet's turbine up to speed before ignition. The Buicks were said to be the only engines with enough torque to hold the turbines at speed until they could be ignited. More reading on the web if you're interested. Now on permanent display at Hill AFB, Utah.

BuickStarters.jpg

5233442114_464c15f190_z.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

From the MrE collecsheooon

bijlfsqbwkkgrhquokjeesn.jpg

Sure, that aircraft engine is impressive. But that's nothing compared with the Nailhead engine in this Buick !
We'll take the Dynaflow transmission out of this Buick and put it behind that engine...it give your aircraft a smoother take off, Guaranteed !
Thousands of hours in the engineering department, construction and R & D and we still need Buick to jump start this thing?

BuickSartesSR71-2_zpsf20d34d6.jpg

SR 71 BlackBird with starter dolly.

And, what powers the starter dolly?

Twin Nailheads!!

BuickStartersSR71_zpsb554613d.jpg

Guest BigDogDaddy
Is this a customized Buick? Reminds me abit of the Wildcat I and The XP-300.

I can't tell from the dash, not clear enough.

Lights and bumper may have been changed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]176604[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]176605[/ATTACH]

The sign on the decklid says that it is a hardtop convertible. But I can't read the rest of it.

A modified 1954. From the web.

You're right Dale, I have been contemplating this front end treatment a while. I have considered transplanting a '57 grill and mustache and whittled down bummper (minus the grandma dagmars) on to a 54 but the bumper is too straight. , This 55 Oldsmobile treatment comes close to what I envisioned but it is a little too low. Also if you're gonna chop the top I would think the portholes should should come down below the sweep spear. A case of "What would Ned do?"

176761d1360095822-i-just-love-picture-buick-image.jpg

post-31987-143141741372_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143141741377_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)