Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Recommended Posts

On 4/4/2018 at 10:21 PM, Marty Roth said:

 

Isn't that from the Movie "MILDRED PIERCE" ?

Yes, I recall the line where Mildred bought her oldest daughter (the nasty one) a "new" car.  The moving was filmed in 1945 so the new car was already 5+ years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like along the Columbia River. If so I've been there. Beautiful Falls anyway and Buick too! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kgreen said:

Yes, I recall the line where Mildred bought her oldest daughter (the nasty one) a "new" car.  The moving was filmed in 1945 so the new car was already 5+ years old.

The novel upon which the movie was based takes place over a nine year period from 1931 to 1940.  So based on the time frame of the story, and not when the movie was made,  the car was "new."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dei said:

That looks like along the Columbia River. If so I've been there. Beautiful Falls anyway and Buick too! :)

 

You are correct, Muthnomah Falls, outside Corbett OR.

 

Cal.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow! That just brought me back some 50 plus years... :o

 

Guess the old mind isn't too dull just yet! B)

Edited by dei (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We drove by there last May after visiting with Mark Shaw and Joe Block. It was a total trip of 10,000 miles in 3 months , but not in our Buick - we drove our '54 Cadillac convertible.

 

Multnomah Falls is an amazing thing to see!

TEN THOUSAND MILES IN THE 1954 CADILLAC.doc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

We drove by there last May after visiting with Mark Shaw and Joe Block. It was a total trip of 10,000 miles in 3 months , but not in our Buick - we drove our '54 Cadillac convertible.

 

Multnomah Falls is an amazing thing to see!

TEN THOUSAND MILES IN THE 1954 CADILLAC.doc

 

Quite the trip Marty!  You must have pics of the Caddy along the Pacific Coast Highway?  Would love to see em!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_2901.thumb.JPG.73f57bc2e8a1bb7a15312b52f8230219.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure exactly what to call this but thought the picture I captured resembled a shot of the movie Christine. :unsure:

Now, if I could just get that Flux Capacitor working properly...

IMG_2905.thumb.JPG.8490df921d1d05256f5577cab27e8ca5.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doug, you suppose to hit 141.622 KPH if you have a metric speedo

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elpad said:

Doug, you suppose to hit 141.622 KPH if you have a metric speedo

 

Oh, That there's the problem... mine is in MPH :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK so exactly 88 MPH and you will back to the future, just hope you don't encounter that manure truck!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48bui_Jessi_and_Anthony.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buick registered on Swanee County, Fl. FHP to Protect & Serve ... except the Troopers own life by exposing that cross-over drawn revolver easy for a criminal to retrieve in a close encounter. I guess nobody had the nerves to do that to the law back then

6A4C85EB-E783-4A24-99F1-DE08E824AFE1.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dei said:

Not sure exactly what to call this but thought the picture I captured resembled a shot of the movie Christine. :unsure:

Now, if I could just get that Flux Capacitor working properly...

IMG_2905.thumb.JPG.8490df921d1d05256f5577cab27e8ca5.JPG

 

 

 

Alien Ate My Buick

 

THOMAS_DOLBY_ALIENS+ATE+MY+BUICK-411337.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2018 at 8:57 AM, Elpad said:

C6B4D83A-1D56-49E4-9B24-D348F0B1000B.jpeg

77E37BC6-C804-4A30-95CC-F4FC953B5BE0.jpeg

More ? doors!

A40D579A-6EC6-4C96-AC96-9B493ED0DD3D.jpeg

i had 2 of these limo's for my wedding in 1983! i know that these are usually used as funeral cars, but my wife wanted modern limo's and i wanted Buicks, so it worked for us and has been for 35+ years. i know this has been talked about elsewhere but having a wife who enjoys the hobby helps out so much and i know how lucky i am. Seeing these pics bring back some great memories, Thanks

Edited by MRJBUICK (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JZRIV said:

48bui_Jessi_and_Anthony.jpg

 

 

 

OOHHRAAHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now