I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

6 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Hi ken , looks like a nice evening cruise , I've been following a thread on forum about headlight improvements , wondered if yours are original like mine as your looking confident driving into the dusk .

cheers

pilgrim

Friends car, just a great shot that I asked to share.  As for headlights and options let's go to another thread.   I'll search first to see if anything comes up, them pm you with any link I find.  That's a great topic BTW.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Beemon said:

It must have been fun to be a part of that generation. The engineering golden age, time without immediate communication, you could disappear for a bit and not be bothered constantly...

Not to derail this thread too far, but just a reminder to younger viewers.... ALL your digital devices include a power switch,  the choice is yours! ?

• Like 2

Just now, wndsofchng06 said:

Not to derail this thread too far, but just a reminder to younger viewers.... ALL your digital devices include a power switch,  the choice is yours! ?

That's not what I mean, I mean when the whole world was like that. It was just a different way of life.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Bleach said:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~standridge/mcc/buick1948.jpg

"Well, Martha, we sure skinned those Slickers and the tattooed girl working for them."

"Albert, I almost busted when you told them the you were going to use the money for paint for the porch."

mother-porsche1.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Just an observation, bet the Buick was worth more than the Porsche then , wonder what the difference is now if their still around , my money on the Porsche 

Maybe not. The photo was taken 1957 or so. The Buick was at least 4 years old by then but who knows what year that Porsche was.

15 minutes ago, Bleach said:

Maybe not. The photo was taken 1957 or so. The Buick was at least 4 years old by then but who knows what year that Porsche was.

Maybe the Porsche was dearer in 57 , certainly is now can't find one advertised in Uk under 80k, probably why I drive a buick?

• Like 1