Do I have a Model T buried in my yard?

Guest ltbeam

Guest ltbeam

I have attached pictures to my album, but I am a new member and not sure how this all meshes together. Any help would be appreciated. I have pictures of doors that I have found also. Trying to get them uploaded here as well.

Edited by ltbeam (see edit history)

Guest ltbeam

Believe me, I am not sure what I have here. I don't know if it is only the axle and two wheels, that is all I have found so far. The two doors were found by accident. I had tried cleaning out back of my shed, and organized items by metal, garbage, and things to recycle if possible. I discovered the one door buried under the ground, I thought that it was another fork or knife handle. After I discovered the first door frame I picked out another type of door frame out of my metal pile. I matched them together by the design of their door handles. I have found lots and lots of really thick glass buried, I have found two window frames that had thick broken glass in them. So the more I dig the more I find. Even if it is only a front axle, I still want to know the history behind what I have in my yard. I also found an old hood ornament of a flying goddess, broken but still a find. I thought maybe it was a 1926 Packard with this ornament. So I am still grasping at straws to put all the clues together. Thanks for your help.

Guest stephen48

Is there a hubcap attached to the wheel center?.If so it will probably have a name or emblem on it.It wont take much digging to check that out!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ltbeam

Today the research continues and the digging. In the morning, I paged through a vintage 1908 Packard auto parts catalog. I am still trying to track down what is now above ground in my backyard. In the afternoon, while digging, I found some old linoleum tile buried under about 2 to 3 inches of dirt. Apparently, the old linoleum was used to level off the ground and bury broken bottles, pieces of old metal framing that is rotting away under the ground. In my digging, I also found an old brake light type lens buried near the rear axle. So the mystery has yet to be solved. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

If you live in Macedon, NY and are digging under the former location of a porch, you may have found the Model T that I learned about 20-25 years ago.

I never followed up, as I had my hands and garage full with our 1919 Packard Twin Six.

Good luck,

Bill Boudway

'cept it ain't a "T"

I know where a TT Ford truck is Buried in Easton, Connecticut. My Uncle was given the task as a youngster. He said the first thing he had to do is take an ax and chop the cab off so it would fit in the hole. My thought today is that it is not worth digging up. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Believe me, I am not sure what I have here. I don't know if it is only the axle and two wheels, that is all I have found so far. The two doors were found by accident. I had tried cleaning out back of my shed, and organized items by metal, garbage, and things to recycle if possible. I discovered the one door buried under the ground, I thought that it was another fork or knife handle. After I discovered the first door frame I picked out another type of door frame out of my metal pile. I matched them together by the design of their door handles. I have found lots and lots of really thick glass buried, I have found two window frames that had thick broken glass in them. So the more I dig the more I find. Even if it is only a front axle, I still want to know the history behind what I have in my yard. I also found an old hood ornament of a flying goddess, broken but still a find. I thought maybe it was a 1926 Packard with this ornament. So I am still grasping at straws to put all the clues together. Thanks for your help.

ltbeam...The ornament that you found is an aftermarket, generic Packard item and is not made of stone as you thought. It is made of pot metal that after a while, expands and disintegrates.

post-37352-143138619308_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)