Christmas Present

dbirchmire

Lucky You. :D

I must have been naughty. Notin but a fat hunk of coal, and a lot of work that don't pay nothin... :eek:

See if I let that Jolly Red Fat Ba$%&D Borrow my Buick ever again. :mad: Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

I got a car related item for Christmas...must have been a best seller because I got two. My wife got me one and my daughter got me the other one. I guess you could say that both of my girls know what I like!

post-37352-143138384595_thumb.jpg

I got a car related item for Christmas...must have been a best seller because I got two. My wife got me one and my daughter got me the other one. I guess you could say that both of my girls know what I like!

I got that one too, Keiser, from my daughter. I'm already upset that he thinks a couple of the GM designs were considered unusable. I really liked the Nomad!

Wayne

I got that one too, Keiser, from my daughter. I'm already upset that he thinks a couple of the GM designs were considered unusable. I really liked the Nomad!

Wayne

Yeah...I was bummed that the guy didn't like the Chrysler Crossfire...I love it.

Guest windjamer

:)My brouther-in-law passed recently,I took an old c/man tool box of his the wife didnt know I had, cleaned it up and had it painted the color of her car. Turned out the box was her fathers first and passed to her brouther. I think its the best gife I ever gave her. merry Christmas to all

I like the Crossfire production car, and the concept in the Chrysler museum looks very much like the production car. What does the concept look like that he hated so much? Is the book based on opinion, or does he have some facts to back up his claims?

From the The World’s Worse Concept Cars:

Chrysler Crossfire-2001

“....a dog? The original concept was even worse………….but whoever signed off the original concept clearly had no idea of what constitutes good design. The nose does not work, the proportions were all wrong and the back looked like a hunchback…..by production time, they fixed the first, but then it must have run out of time, patience, or money.”

West, to me, the concept looks almost exactly like the production model, except for the concept central spine from front to back on the car, and different wheels.

Writer, Mr. Dredge, is not a happy camper when it comes to concepts, but at least the pictures of cars not seen before is worth the price of the book, as long as you have not had a bad day when beginning to read it.:)

Wayne

Very nice. :) But I am trying to figure out what makes it a pole barn vs. a Morton type building which is what it looks like to me. Here a pole barn is very different. The main inner structure is actually round poles, like telephone poles, with traditional boards as the crossmembers.

We call a morton type building a pole barn in my neck of the woods, South Jersey area. It 's built with 4x6 treated lumber that go into round holes 3' deep and filled with cement The roof is truss type and most of the time is a 4/12 pitch. I went with a 4" cement floor over top of 2' HD foam board and a layer of plastic.

Dave

We call a morton type building a pole barn in my neck of the woods, South Jersey area. It 's built with 4x6 treated lumber that go into round holes 3' deep and filled with cement The roof is truss type and most of the time is a 4/12 pitch. I went with a 4" cement floor over top of 2' HD foam board and a layer of plastic.

Dave

Thanks for the explanation. :)

I just got a late Christmas present...I just saw a 1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 roadster for the very first time. I went to the Dodge and Dodge Brothers forum and there it is! I know that it may sound strange that I would consider it a gift just to see it, but I am strange anyway.

post-37352-14313838736_thumb.jpg

I too have a copy of "the worlds worst concept cars". I bought it a few weeks ago at the local used book store, I guess someone didn't care for it. My gain. There are a lot of interesting cars in the book, Ford 49, 2001, Holden Efigy, Chrysler atlantic and many others. If these are the worst concept cars it would be quite interesting to see a book of the worlds best concept cars. John

Dave,

How did they put it up without you hearing the hammering, digging, etc. on Christmas Eve? Airless nail guns?:) Stealth helicopters?:rolleyes: Must've slid it over the snow on sled runners!;) Nice of them to think of such a nice gift.

----Jeff, former South Jersey Guy

We call them all pole bars around here as well. Anything that's not timber frame.

Glad to see you put the insulation and vapor barrier under that pad. That's an often overlooked step. You will be very glad you did.

Looks really nice.

I'm envying that new tool box and compressor as well!

I, too, received a lump of coal, or as Charlie Brown would say, "I got a rock". :(