Modifieds in Hershey??!! Oh! The Humanity!

oldford

You can guess that I just received my Hershey stickers. I always like to go through the papers in the package to see what new arbitrary rules someone has dreamed up. Been going to Hershey since 1972 and had a booth there since about 1984, or so. Now to the point... Just what does Hershey Region consider to be a modified??? I don't like hot rods or modifieds at an antique car show any more than the next REAL car collector. In fact, I think the modifieds are the primary reason that our local big show in Rhinebeck, NY has gone to the dogs. But I have to ask, if I bring my 1912 Model T Rootlieb style speedster with its Frontenac overhead and bright yellow wire wheels to put in my booth for sale, will I be asked to leave??

post-30765-14313829231_thumb.jpg

Sprinkle some straw and hay over it, add a generous helping of chicken doo doo, throw a few old crates in it, and let the air half out of the tires. Then hang a big ole "FRESH BARN FIND" sign on it. It'll be sold off the field before anyone's the wiser. Most likely for top dollar................Bob

I don't like hot rods or modifieds at an antique car show any more than the next REAL car collector... ... But I have to ask, if I bring my 1912 Model T Rootlieb style speedster with its Frontenac overhead and bright yellow wire wheels to put in my booth for sale, will I be asked to leave??

Sorry, but am I the only one to see the hypocrisy in those statements? :eek:

Where does your slippery slope start? Is there some cutoff year that the modification is allowable if it was made before that?

Of course, here we go again. Has it been a week already since the last anti hot rod thread was closed?

Joe, I assure you that this was not intended to be an anti hot rod thread. I would suggest that if the Hershey Region want to ban modifieds, it should at least identify what they consider a modified to be. I'll bet you'll see at least 2 LaFrance speedsters in the Red Field again this year. I love the old speed equipment and can't wait to see it perform on the grounds, but if I risk being banned because of my vintage speed equipment, I should at least be aware of the ground rules.

Frank

This topic is up to three pages on "Another Site". As I understand things they don't want MODIFIED vehicles in the flea market. Tell that to the guy that drives up the gate in a 1950 Ford Rack Body fulled with sheetmetal fron South Dakota with a 289 smallblock under the hood. Seeing this type of vehicle is a real treat to me.I don't care how the parts get to the flea market, let them in so we can buy them.

But I have to ask, if I bring my 1912 Model T Rootlieb style speedster with its Frontenac overhead and bright yellow wire wheels to put in my booth for sale, will I be asked to leave??

NO...you guys should understand the goals of the rules. "Arbitrary rules" I am not aware of any rule changes the past several years as the region uses the national guidelines. We have not updated these for awhile.

Let's not make a problem where none exists. Thanks

If you'd like to see thousands of Modified cars in the Car Corral and Swap Meet,

come on down to Charlotte Autofair in April. You'll also find an equal number

of original cars & trucks FS, plus some with mag wheels or incorrect hubcaps.

It ain't Hershey, but the rules are simpler and there are bargains to be had.

Just a thought. ;)

TG

Guest delawareoldford

with the information cleared up, its only 4 weeks away and cant wait! i was concerened when i read the information sheets that came with the stickers this week. now i can rest easy and load the truck :).

with the information cleared up, its only 4 weeks away and cant wait! i was concerened when i read the information sheets that came with the stickers this week. now i can rest easy and load the truck :).

For the rest of us, what was the resolution?

What he said! ^^^^^^^

Cleared up for who? And how clearly?

Guest delawareoldford

the way i read the reply from steve, both here and on another site. your not going to get kicked out of the swapmeet for hauling in your parts in a vehical thats not stock. my concern was towards this and not trying to bring in a highly modified vehical to display it forsale like a streetrod or a custom that was the main cause of this being mentioned in the information sheet that came with the stickers