New Bern Weather

I usually look at multiple forecasts from different sources. It is interesting how sometimes they vary in their predicitions.

USWX : Weather -> NC -> New Bern (28560)

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 35.11N and Longitude 77.09W

AccuWeather.com - New Bern Month Weather | Monthly Forecast for New Bern, NC

I will take lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s in New Bern anyday over the lows in the 30 and highs in the 50s here in Eastern Pennsylvania the last few days.

pa weather this past weekend was terrible with the high winds

Yup, the top half of a big poplar tree broke off and punched a hole in my house roof. Spent the day yesterday sawing it up, replacing plywood and reshingling. Between my deductable and the 30% surcharge the insurance co would have added to my current rate for 3 years it was cheaper to do it myself.........Bob

Every weather service is predicting something different in NB which is pretty much our norm here between the TV stations. The weather there can't be any worse than what we experienced here this past week.

Pontiac was loaded last evening and leaving in a friends trailer with a clients car on Friday. The wife's Citicar is loaded in ours and we are leaving early Thursday AM. We are looking forward to this meet.

Every weather service is predicting something different in NB which is pretty much our norm here between the TV stations. The weather there can't be any worse than what we experienced here this past week.

Pontiac was loaded last evening and leaving in a friends trailer with a clients car on Friday. The wife's Citicar is loaded in ours and we are leaving early Thursday AM. We are looking forward to this meet.

DITTO!! We've got the trailer hooked up, and the fire truck loaded and strapped down. I have to work tonight, I have a region board meeting tomorrow night, and we'll be pulling out first thing Thursday morning.

The maps and GPS are in the truck, so at this point it's only a matter of putting the suitcases in the truck and jumping in and going.

We've never been to New Bern, but we've always heard so many good things about the meets that have taken place down there. Surprising enough, my mom has heard enough about it to where she is going with us, and she's going to Louisville too. Usually it's just my dad and I.

As soon as I get home we'll have to clean the truck again, return the trailer and we'll have a little more than two weeks to get ready for our meet......:eek::eek::eek:

Guest billybird

I usually don't pay any attention to weather forcasts untill 2 days from the desired event. I really don't think they know on Tuesday what it's going to do Saturday any more than I do. Yesterday afternoon while cranking my car to load it the spring broke on the starter drive. One of my buddies had one and the situation was remedied in a couple hours. Loaded now and champin' at the bit!

Folks,

Many of us have endured various weather reports and weather realities the day of meets. Some meets have beautiful weather, some have miserable weather.

An example comes to mind. At the meet in Greensburgh, PA some years ago I agonized over the scenario when the rain was a downpour and temperatures cold. Upon leaving the hotel there was literally a "crowd" of car owners talking back and forth about taking their cars off the trailers or driving cars that arrived in dry conditions. What bothered me was the 2 years of many meetings and preparations for a single day of showing a vehicle that most hosting Regions & Chapter "volunteers" donated to this fine AACA organization only to overhear many say "it is staying in the trailer".

I fully understand the reasons of cleaning off chassis', mud in the tire treads, etc., and I am not trying to tell anyone what to do EXCEPT think of the hard work the host people endured...SUPPORT THEIR EFFORTS as best you decide.

Personally, I am yanking my car 495 miles to New Bern. Not going to yank it back 495 miles just for a joy rid towing a trailer.

See you there,

Peter J.

To those going early, there is a unique restaurant (if you love seafood :)) up the coast a bit named The Sanitary Fish Market and Restaurant in Morehead City, N.C. Sanitary Restaurant and Fish Market

My first trip there I was about twelve. It was the orginial building then. A hurricane took that building but they rebuilt. A trip to New Bern always includes a trip to the restaurant one night for dinner. **YUM!!**

If you go be sure and check out the old photos on the wall. One of the photo frames is actually a toilet seat and lid. Be sure and look under the lid. :rolleyes::D

You won't believe this, but I loaded the 1981 Riviera into my closed trailer yesterday for an early Thursday departure. But, the car is cleaned up, and the Love Bugs have just come out here in Florida. If you don't know about Love Bugs, let me explain. They come out twice a year and when they do they swarm around the highways, blackening the front and windshields of all vehicles. It would have taken me two days to clean the car if I drove it, and I'd still never have gotten them completely off. Left alone for only a week or so their acid makeup starts burning holes in the paint. So, it's an extra $300 gas to trailer the car to New Bern. Hope to see you there. Earl

Folks,

Personally, I am yanking my car 495 miles to New Bern. Not going to yank it back 495 miles just for a joy rid towing a trailer.

See you there,

Peter J.

My rule is they come out of the trailer at the big meets like the grand national or a national marquee event. Maybe someday a Friday truck / trailer show in the rig parking areas will be on the venue? :)

Ron,

I remember that there were some folks who decided to leave their cars in the trailers at Gettysburg. I figured if I went to the trouble to tow a car up there from NC, I could go through the trouble of washing a little bit of mud off of the car. I don't know anybody who ever regretted taking a car out of a trailer for a show, but I know some who have later been unhappy that they decided to leave a car in the trailer and miss the show.

Yesterday the weather was wonderful in New Bern as I dropped my Motorhome, trailer, and show car off in New Bern. The parking area is a beautiful spot right along the banks of one of the rivers. I will not be able to be back there until Friday night, but I can hardly wait. See you in New Bern.

Hey Matthew Hinson, take a look at our 1981 Buick Riviera in Class 27N while you're in New Bern. If you like it well enough, I'll trailer it right on to your house after the show before returning to Florida, ha. It was recommended for a National Award last year, but it didn't win. That's my third time down that road with different cars, but it was always an honor to just be recommended. There is a huge great big old 1969 Buick Electra 225 convertible for sale here that I'd just love to have a garage stall for. Those long, long Buick's are really just my style. :)

Matt,

The only time I didn't take one out was at the Salisbury national meet years ago as it was raining the day before and on show day. The grass show field was a mud hole and with the GN a month after this meet I just didn't have the time to clean it up.

It figures that we are staying at the Bridgeport hotel by the marina and won't have the Amphicar. You need to use some of your police officer pull and order up good weather for Saturday. :) See you then.

Guest cardinal905

My plane leaves St. Louie Thursday morning, I hope to see Kitty hawk while I am on the right coast !

Guest billybird
My rule is they come out of the trailer at the big meets like the grand national or a national marquee event. Maybe someday a Friday truck / trailer show in the rig parking areas will be on the venue? :)

Now I like that idea! {rig show Fri.} Sometimes I work almost as hard on my truck and trailer as I do my show car. My doctor and my wife say I have Obsessive Compulsive Behavior, but I don't; I just like everything perfect. LOL. Looking for a great meet in New Bern!

Guest Corvette Bill

I too have just finished loading my corvette in it's trailer for a earley Fridy morning get away to get around Washington DC and Richmond VA. before rush hour. I am looking forward to some warm NC. weather and my first Grand National meet.

Bill

I too have just finished loading my corvette in it's trailer for a earley Fridy morning get away to get around Washington DC and Richmond VA. before rush hour. I am looking forward to some warm NC. weather and my first Grand National meet.

Bill

What color and year is your Corvette, Bill?

Earl, I don't need a Riviera anymore, I found one...

Check out the third car in my signature line...

I just need to sell a 1976 Ford Country Squire so everything (but the recently purchased motorhome) will more easily fit into the garage.

..... I don't know anybody who ever regretted taking a car out of a trailer for a show, .....

Hey Matt, next time you see Steve M ask him how bad the Huntington Region show was in W. Va. back in the 80's. :rolleyes: He still hasn't forgotten that horrible mess. And I would lay odds there were folks that were sorry they unloaded and put their vehicles on the show field.

Our Region "helped", but Huntington ran the show. They didn't have a Plan B incase it rained. Plan A was to put the vehicles on the newly grown grass on the river front park near downtown. It rained for days prior to the show. You could have planted corn in the ruts the tires left. New bright green grass, soft mud.... :eek:

Many of us have endured various weather reports and weather realities the day of meets. Some meets have beautiful weather, some have miserable weather.

An example comes to mind. At the meet in Greensburgh, PA some years ago I agonized over the scenario when the rain was a downpour and temperatures cold. Upon leaving the hotel there was literally a "crowd" of car owners talking back and forth about taking their cars off the trailers or driving cars that arrived in dry conditions. What bothered me was the 2 years of many meetings and preparations for a single day of showing a vehicle that most hosting Regions & Chapter "volunteers" donated to this fine AACA organization only to overhear many say "it is staying in the trailer".

I fully understand the reasons of cleaning off chassis', mud in the tire treads, etc., and I am not trying to tell anyone what to do EXCEPT think of the hard work the host people endured...SUPPORT THEIR EFFORTS as best you decide.

Peter, I couldn't agree with you more. With having a limited amount of vacation time, we're not going to haul something to a meet without bringing it out either, because often my work schedule only allows me to attend 3 meets and that's it. In either case, we make the most out of every meet that we can take in rain or shine.

As for Greensburg, I remember that we pulled onto the showfield, and right after we got parked it rained buckets. We got the car wiped off, the sun came out, and the roads dried off by the end of the day. I remember we got the car back in the trailer and it rained buckets again. In either case the chassis stayed clean so we got out of it lucky.

As for our situation, the fire truck is on an open trailer, and it rained this morning, so she'll be on the show field rain or shine. The downfalls to an open trailer is that we really can't prepare the truck for judging until we get down there. With that it means is a fire truck on the show field. plus no time to judge. equals retroactive punishment on judging credits.

If it rains in New Bern, let's just hope that Canandaigua remains dry on June 5th:D:D:D.

In either case, if we win on Saturday my dad and I will have accomplished something that very few people have ever done in AACA with a fire truck. Running on a limited budget and working with a lot of 'sweat equity' a win will brighten a lot of dark clouds for us.

Peter saw that old Ford back in the days when it was literally in a pile on our barn floor. Nine years ago that man who owned it passed away and that truck was so bad to the point where the fire department had given up on it and written it off for dead. We've already done something that most people have said couldn't be done.

Speaking of meets, Canandaigua's meet is now at 452.

Guest Corvette Bill

yellow, 1980, it was nominatied for a annual award this year but did not make the finial bump.