First silhouette in AACA forum logo?

Guest MV10

McGuireV10,

It is a Duryea. Do not know year. Below is copied from the club history on the home page. Within the header bar click on "About" and you will see it.

"The first published drawing of the club emblem, as we know it today, was designed in 1939 by Mr. Herbert van Haagen of Upper Darby, Pa. Using a power engraver attachment, many months of labor were required for Mr. van Haagen to produce the original master pattern."

Regards,

Peter.

I believe McGuireV10 was talking about the new logo with the three car profiles. Yes, The original logo showed a Duryea. The first one on the new logo looks sort of like a Delahaye. The second one sort of looks like a mid-sixties Mercury Comet and the third reminds me of a cross between a 70s Mustang and a Cuda or Challenger.

post-37352-143138188241_thumb.png

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Or the middle on could be a Chevy or Buick. Interesting question. More of a generic profile, I say. What is the "offical" answer?

John

Yeah....I guess it does resemble a '57 Chevy with those fins.

Keiser...he asked about the "...forum logo above" which is the Duryea on this thread page. The silhoutte "marketing logo" can best be answered when West or Steve come on line.

In the forum logo above, does anyone know what year/make/model the silhouette on the left depicts?

Regards,

Peter.

Keiser...he asked about the "...forum logo above" which is the Duryea on this thread page. The silhoutte "marketing logo" can best be answered when West or Steve come on line.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter, not to be hard headed about this, but some of us chose the new logo design to come up on their version of the forum. You can, too and evidently, McGuireV10 has the new logo (which he is asking about). Some have chosen the original logo to be displayed, which evidently, yours does. Here is what mine looks like. McGuireV10 indicates "the car on the left". To me that means there are more than one cars displayed as in the photo.

post-37352-143138188247_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Peter, not to be hard headed about this, but some of us chose the new logo design to come up on their version of the forum. You can, too and evidently, McGuireV10 has the new logo (which he is asking about). Some have chosen the original logo to be displayed, which evidently, yours does. Here is what mine looks like. McGuireV10 indicates "the car on the left". To me that means there are more than one cars displayed as in the photo.

Keiser...you are correct about the Duryea logo as it is the "car on the left" (singular). On the other hand if you refer to the "cars" (plural) in the center of the page it would be the "marketing logo" not the official AACA "duryea" Logo.

If I recall accurately the "Marketing Logo" was an artistic compilation of features from more recent cars designed to attract the more youthful market. One can always click on the little used "Search" function and type in "Marketing Logo". This was discussed at length some years ago.

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by Peter J.Heizmann (see edit history)

Maybe we can get Steve to beat his head on the wall.

Looks like a street rod to me.

LOL

:P :p :P :p

Now that you mention it...it does:)

Some of the big name streetrod fabrication shops were doing swoopy stuff like that.

I prefer to think it is one of those exotic custom French or Italian? cars that I cannot spell, let alone pronounce ;)

You can choose either "AACA Classic Black" (The Duryea AACA Logo) or "AACA Modern Blue" (the multi-car marketing logo), from the two item drop down menu in the extreme lower left hand bottom corner of the page. I believe that the "AACA Modern Blue" is the default choice on the forum. I use the other one myself.

I wasn't aware there were different logos available, but the left-most one in this graphic is the one I had in mind. I feel a compelling urge to find and buy one of these, whatever it is. :)

aaca-horizonal-logo.png

I can certainly see Delage / Talbot / Bentley lines in there (particularly Delage) but I suppose it must be some generic design amalgam. Oh well. There are certainly no Delage's in my foreseeable budget! Thanks for the input everyone.

Yes someone knows, sorry I have been too busy with my normal day job to get on the computer!

The design was a compilation of work done by Raffi Minasian, Tom Cox, West and myself. We were trying to capture several decades in one design. The first car is reminiscent of many early coach built cars from Bugatti's to Delage's. The middle car a 50's car and the last car a 60-70's car. See in them what you want.

I would want a car that looked like the first one as well and just visited a collection with an incredible Delage and Bugatti yesterday that would have fit the bill. Unfortunately, I can't pay the bill.

Edited by Steve Moskowitz (see edit history)

Guest JR Cars

Thanks for the compliment Steve. I'm going with Delage Aerosport by Letourneur et Marchand with a resto-mod restyle!

1938DAC-R.jpg

Guest DeSoto Frank

Delage, Delahaye...

They're "all the same to me", read: "untouchable" :D

Before reading Steve's explanation, I was figuring that the three cars depicted in the new logo were "artistic interpretations", designed to evoke an "era" rather than an attempt at a "realistic" (in the artistic definition) of any actual specific car, although that Delage Aerosport posted by TwistWrench does exhibit a remarkable similarity to "the car on the left".

I think the "new logo" should have one more silhouette: a brass /nickel era touring car.

:cool: