THE BEST BOOK EVER FOR CAR FOLKS!!

Steve Moskowitz

http://www.aaca.org/Speedster/AACA_History_Book_Ad.pdf

Well, at least the title may get you to look but it is what we believe! It is absolutley the most unique book ever done about the hobby and AACA. As you stroll through the pages of this celebratory book you will be rewarded with special mementos. We have copied rare artifacts to add to your enjoyment. This is a must have book for all AACA members and car fans alike. It is an easy read and a fun read. Get your copy(s) now!

• 3 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of viewing several sections of this book and can assure you, it has a great feel about it. It isn't just a dry history book, and isn't just about AACA - it covers a lot of ground in a grand style with stories about many of the "legends" of our hobby. You will want to have one!!!

Terry

I had the pleasure of viewing several sections of this book and can assure you, it has a great feel about it. It isn't just a dry history book, and isn't just about AACA - it covers a lot of ground in a grand style with stories about many of the "legends" of our hobby. You will want to have one!!!

How much extra will it cost to get a copy signed by you and all of the 2010 National Directors, and the Executive Director??

Do you have a blank page just inside the front cover??

What would make it even nicer would be to have an area signed by all of the surviving former AACA Presidents.

Terry if you get the time where you get around those folks, get two books, get both of them signed, and I'll pay you for it.

It's one thing to have a book commemorating the history, but to me it'll be work even more to have it signed by the people who have gotten the organization to its' first 75 years. In another 25 years, when some of the current leaders are gone, it'll mean even more.

Great idea Pat - I've actually done that with the first AACA History book published several years ago. It was a big project that Ron Barnett was heavily involved with and the result was a nice history of the club. I carried it with me to Philly and Hershey and was able to get some great autographs in like Bill Swigart, and many more who are no longer around.

Best way to get some signatures in there would be to buy one, carry it around at Hershey and again at Philadelphia.

Terry

• 3 months later...

I've just learned from the Headquarters office, that "THE BOOK" will NOT be mailed out prior to the Meet at Louisville. If you want to carry it around and get it signed, plan to buy one there (it will only cost an extra few bucks with the higher price and KY tax, compared to the lower price plus shipping).

It can't hurt to have a spare copy to share.

• 2 weeks later...

YES Yes yEs!!! The mailman made me smile today and delivered my copy of "The Book." I stopped everything and read it cover to cover, and will probably do that again this evening during a rare weekend at home. I was trying to think of something to say about it, but am at a loss for words (and that's pretty rare as you all know). I'm left with simply a feeling - of great pride in belonging to the greatest club in the world, while enjoying the best hobby in existence. The book is simply a "WOW!"

Terry

Maybe Monday will be my lucky day.

We will probably be able to trace the mailman as he makes his deliveries across the USA. Unless they are being delivered by rank in which case I will have to wait a lot longer to get my copy. ;)

This is almost as bad as waiting for Christmas morning when you were little. No, I still have a hard time waiting.

Still waiting in NC!!

The New Books are In, the New Books are IN!!!:P

Yes, the 75th Anniverary Book showed up in my Millers Tavern, VA mailbox today. I understand that Earl Beauchamp in Sebring FL received his too. I was so excited I had to open it in the post office to show my postmaster what all the fuss was about.

Get yours now. Can't wait to show it to my Northern Neck Region members at this week's monthly meeting.

Wayne

Mine was on the front porch when I arrived home. Have to say looking thru it actually brought if not a tear at least some moistness to my eyes. So many memories over so many years. Dad and I never saw eye to eye on anything except our appreciation of antique cars. Most of the good memories I have of him revolve around the AACA and especially Hershey. When he said he was too sick to make "Hershey" back in '86 I knew the end was near. My Son will be 27 in a few weeks and he has been a vendor at Hershey 27 times. I hope when he is my age and celebrating AACA's 100th he has as many fond memories of his involvement with antique cars as I do. Great hobby, great people and a GREAT book. Thanks!

Jeff, thanks so much for the post. It means a lot to me. That was to goal of this book. Not to write a book for the sake of it but to do something that stirred the emotions. Our team worked very, very hard on this and it is good to know we delivered. I cannot understand why we have one book left, this is a true keepsake.

My copy arrived today here in the suburbs of New Orleans, Louisiana. Once the mailman came by, the rest of the day was spent just lost in good memories and thinking back to pleasant times, especially with some of our late friends who helped to make this great hobby of ours what it is today.

Thanks to Steve, and to all of those whose efforts have produced what will become a wonderful documentation of our progress through the years.

Edited by Marty Roth
typo (see edit history)

Chuck,

I did not realize how involved you were in recruiting Janet Ricketts, our former President and long time Board member. Thank you for that decision. Janet is very special to me, and I'm sure anyone else who has ever met her. I am very pleased to see the special coverage on her involvement with the AACA in this book.

Wayne

Christmas came this morning as the mailman just delivered my book. WOW!

I can't wait to read it cover to cover.

One question - is there supposed to be something in the pocket on page 19. Mine is empty. I have a pocket but no item. Most of the smaller items did come out of the pockets during shipping but I can't seem to find anything that is supposed to go here. What is it?

One page was folded but even so, it is a great book. Thank you to all who helped on this project.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a book to read.

Guest EdwardBarnett

In regards to the 75th Anniversary book-

My name is Ted Barnett. You might know me, you might not. I grew up in AACA going to shows, shining bikes, navigating, skateboarding in parking lots(making cringes surface all around(Marty-I never hit a car)), and enjoying antique cars. I recently went to my first meet in 17 years(also the first meet with a driver's license) and was reawakened to this hobby. I was quite honored to become an official Judge under the tutelage of Mr. Al Terrick. I remember Al as my Father's friend and confidant. That means Good people in my book. I also realized how much I want to be apart of this hobby. It has inspired me deeply. THe new 75th book is beautiful. Kudos! My Dad would have bought several, just so he could spread around the various cool items located within. Plus one pristine, 1 for coffee tables and maybe another to a devoted son, I'm late coming home, but I Love this car club. I grew up in a 1934 Chevrolet Master 6 sedan with suicide doors and mohair. I am that baby in the advst(see 1934 lit. for chevy master 6). Ask my family. I must apologize for being the quiet one, 'my father nor brother, am I'. I spent the day re-wiring a trailer and looking for tires to fit upon said trailer so I could transport my '73 Dodge Dart Swinger up to the shop for restoration. I'm beginning to realize thats there more to this hobby than riding around in fly cars. I embrace it. Thank you for having me.

Ted

Ted, don't worry about the quiet thing as it probably was hard to get a word in edgewise with your borther and dad! Also, better late than never. It was great to see the Barnett family at the 75th and a fitting tribute to Ron's love for the hobby and AACA. Glad to have you aboard!

Guest librarylady

I will add my hurrah for the book. Sam got his copy on Monday and told me enough about it that I really wanted mine to arrive. Finally on Weds there were 2 copies in my large mailbox(I actually ordered 4 but had 2 sent directly to Kevin and Sam). The rest of the day I poured over the book. What a wonderful walk through the past. Ron would have loved every bit of it. Yes I cried some but because the memories it brought back were so happy and dear to me. So many friends, so much love and fun. And thank goodness in the discussion about the Premiere Founders' Tour there was no mention of the "no ice cream" Ice Cream Social. I am sure the resources of the L&RC were invaluable to the production of such a marvel. This book surely brings automotive history and people together. HURRAH again

What a superior product!

I was away on business when the Mrs told me that a substantial book had arrived at the hacienda. I immediately knew what it was and could not wait to get home to start the quest.

It was indeed worth the wait. The photography, the text, the special inserts...everything is top notch, first class, premier quality, Grand National level....need I go on?

Hearty congratulations to all involved.