You have a Reatta, what are your next 4 choices?

JalopyBob

You have your Reatta and have room and finances available for 4 more cars. Which 4 cars will you surround your Reatta with. These are mine. A purple Plymouth Prowler. An Auburn Boattail Speedster. A 54 Corvette with a bubble top. Last is a 66 Dodge Charger fastback. OK the space and the finances are optional, just pick 4. Your choices please......

Totally unfair question..... only pick 4, I could not pick 20. There are true works of art like the Dusenbergs, V16 Cadillacs, etc.......... I would have a hard time picking just 4 Buicks.

Here are some of mine.......

* 1955 Chevy Del-Ray coupe with late model Chevy power, automatic, a/c, a car you could drive anywhere.

* I love the styling of the 1955 Chrysler Imperials, how about a limo.

* A Crosley Hot-Shot

* 1953 Buick Skylark.... black with red interior

Now can I pick 4 Pre-war cars?

I am with Barney only that is not right. More that 50 would be a start and garage to keep them in.

1 1963 Impala SS convertible 409 factory AC 4 speed Red White interior

2 1953 Buick Skylark Convertible

3 Tucker Waltz Blue

4 1957 Chev Convertible fuelie. Red with Red and Black interior with factory AC

yes factory ac was available

5 Several Ford cars that I cant mention here but there are some

All I need is the money and I am available for anyone who want to make me a grant to fulfull my wishes

Thanks

Guest gotitright

Wow, great question. I have 1 of the 4, 86 Fiero Gt 5 speed.

Others would be:

72 Buick GS convertible stage 1 4 speed

56 Ford Crown Victoria

69 Barracuda 340 4 speed.

Somewhat eclectic, but I can always dream.

Guest sintid58

1970 GSX to replace the one I had to sell.

1958 Buick any model

1953 Skylark any color

1965 Sportwagon

these are next 4 but I can go on and on

Besides what I already have, what I am currently on the hunt for are either a...

- 1970 Oldsmobile 442

- 1969 Mustang Boss 302

- 1969 Cadillac Sedan DeVille (must have gold exterior)

- 1990/91 Reatta convertible

I have a hunch that those of us between 30-50 yrs old may desire cars of the 60s/70s, 50-60 yrs old a decade earlier and so on.

Guest F14CRAZY

'73 Centurion convertible (like my LeSabre but I dig those pre-federal bumpers)

-'71 Riviera

-circa '88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

-4th? I dunno. BMW 850 CSI? Continental Mark V? Enclave?

Guest mongeonman

1969 camaro rs ss,Brand new camaro fully loaded,chrysler tc,cadillac allante,and many others!!Already have a coupe and conv reatta.

Guest Richard D
The next car I am considering to buy if not a Reatta convertible would be a Saab Viggen. I love the Pantera and golly a Lancia Stratos would look nice at the Wal Mart parking lot. Lastly anything Lotus.

With the fuel consumption of gas turbines a Saab Viggen might be a problem, plus having to live in one of those communities that has a 6,000 foot runway.

Guest F14CRAZY
With the fuel consumption of gas turbines a Saab Viggen might be a problem, plus having to live in one of those communities that has a 6,000 foot runway.

if money was no issue, I'd have a Chrysler turbine car

Guest spamseptictank

In addition to what we already have:

Opel GT (1.9L)

Plymouth Prowler (any color)

Ariel Atom

1958 Pontiac Hearse/Ambulance

Guest C.F.Massie

I have/had my choices (see my signature), the only others that I always wish I had are;

62 Corvette

69 Boss 429

64 Lotus Elan

65 Chevy Malibu SS 427 Conv.

There of course are others, for what car enthusiast would be content with just a few or more for that matter. What I have and these listed above hold special memories for me that is why I would loke to have them.;)

Guest Richard D
if money was no issue, I'd have a Chrysler turbine car

Does anyone know how Jay Leno found one of the nine left for sale and what it cost? WAY COOL CAR!!!:D

I think that all of the cas of my past - Corvettes, Jaguars, Camaros, FIATs, Pontiacs (large and small), Cadillacs, MGs ( all were plural) have just led to what I have now.

Drive a lot of rentals and new cars are OK but I just see evolutionary changes from the ones I have, nothing earth shattering. Hybrids I consider an interesting dead end (and all have engines that are too big).

Dunno what the future will bring but right now, nothing is interesting enough to buy. In fact, have an extra Fiero that needs to go. Gold 87 GT auto just does not fit. Anyone interested ?

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

Does anyone know how Jay Leno found one of the nine left for sale and what it cost? WAY COOL CAR!!!:D

Besides the contacts he's made througout the years, his public exposure and affection for cars draws people to seek him out for various 'purchases'.

I see him in the mornings every so often as we drive the same canyon road. Last I saw him was about three weeks ago driving one of his bikes. Poor guy...can't travel 50 feet without someone waving to him or honking at him in acknowledgment. And he honks or waves in return.

Guest C.F.Massie

55 Turbine's were built, 46 were destroyed by Chrysler. Of the remaining 9 cars six had the engines de-activated and some were donated to museums around the country. Chrylser retained 3 that remained operational and now 2 of those are owned by the WPC (Walter P. Chrylser) Museum on Auburn Hills, MI. The last turbine that was fully functional is owned by The Museum of Transportation in St. Louis, MO.

Only 2 turbine cars are in the hands of private collectors, Frank Kleptz in Terre Haute, IN. and the other in Jay Leno's collection which he purchased directly from Chrylser. Jay has put it back on operating condition.

When Chrylser selected people around the counntry to test the turbines out one selection was in Wichita, Kansas held by a doctor who collected cars. The Doc drove it to work most every weekday and passed my house on the way so I got to see it every morning while going to High School. Loved the sound it made and really liked the looks, kind of like an over grown T-Bird of the day. Oh, all the turbine cars had the same color exterior and interiors, you couldn't tell them apart by looks.

The one in the St Louis museum is still there, I saw it a few months ago. It looks to be in really good shape if any one wants to see one. They are good looking, I remember them at the New York world fair in 1964. Several were on display at the Chrysler display there

Easy to answer. The first four on the list are:

1972 Buick Skylark

1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme (the straight sided one, not the lame rounded Cutlass S)

1969 Ferrari Daytona Spyder

1973-1980 Chevy/GMC half ton truck

I've had three of these vehicles, and loved them all. I wish I could get them back again. The Ferrari, I've liked them ever since watching the movie Gumball Rally, but no idea if I'd actually like driving one or if I can even fit. Seems the best sports cars were made for people who are 5 foot 5.

There's about 10 other cars on the list, then I'd be happy. I was kinda disappointed that a couple of cars have fallen off the list, I'd always wanted a Porsche 944 and a 70s Mercedes SLK. That is, until I sat in one of each last week at the local sports car sales shop. The Mercedes was too small for me, with the seat all the way back I felt a bit squished in. And, the Porsche was just too small all the way around. It's only good for taking two people somewhere provided they don't need to haul anything. It's a useless car. This is one thing I like about the Reatta, two people can carry enough for a weeklong trip (main reason I bought the car).

... The Ferrari, I've liked them ever since watching the movie Gumball Rally, but no idea if I'd actually like driving one or if I can even fit...

Yes, that is the GTS4 that I mentioned above. Awesome. Just awesome to behold. (And agreed that the Gumball Rally is a fun movie!)

There's about 10 other cars on the list, then I'd be happy. I was kinda disappointed that a couple of cars have fallen off the list, I'd always wanted a Porsche 944 and a 70s Mercedes SLK. That is, until I sat in one of each last week at the local sports car sales shop. The Mercedes was too small for me, with the seat all the way back I felt a bit squished in. And, the Porsche was just too small all the way around. It's only good for taking two people somewhere provided they don't need to haul anything. It's a useless car. This is one thing I like about the Reatta, two people can carry enough for a weeklong trip (main reason I bought the car).

Actually the 944 is far from useless. It is probably the most "practical" Porsche up until the Cayenne came out. Since it has the hatchback, it can carry more than you think when you fold the +2 seat down. Easily enough luggage for two moderate packers on a trip. And I've put a bicycle in there any number of times. Camping gear. Radio antennas. Roof shingles. Even a toy swimming pool for my daughter when she was little. Besides being fun to drive, it also gets 30+ mpg on the highway. Mid-20s in town.

But its a good point about the Reatta. Even though it has almost the same dimensions and wheelbase as the '80s/'90s MB SL, it actually has more trunk space. (10 cu ft vs 7 cu ft.) A nice benefit of FWD vs RWD.

Heh, We'll have to disagree on the Porsche. After sitting in the Porsche and poking around on it, decided I didn't like it as well as I thought I would. Even with the seats being down, it would have been very tight for traveling. I don't travel all that light. Well, I do, the 'ol lady doesn't <grin>. It might be fine for some, but unfortunately not for me.

... Even with the seats being down, it would have been very tight for traveling. I don't travel all that light. Well, I do, the 'ol lady doesn't <grin>. It might be fine for some, but unfortunately not for me.

Thats why we bought the Suburban... :D

</grin>