GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

Ya know those wildcats are just...so cool...and they had the 401, later the 430...ya know...and all that other...stuff....I think it's time for me to unload my 38 and get a wildcat already.

The last of them had a 455 too....

That being said, I remember being your age(ish). When I was 15 I declined to buy a '53 Chev pickup...the guy who rented my father's farm land was selling it to benefit a nursing home that my great aunt was in...it wasn't my style as I was young and full of adrenaline and testosterone. My point is that phase eventually passes. I'm sure you would be kicking yourself for selling the '38 down the road. I'm sure there's nobody else at school with a more intriguing car and it is a piece of your father that is tangible to you. Now, I'm not trying to discourage you from getting a 'Cat by any stretch. I'm just suggesting you wait until you can get one as a second car.

The last of them had a 455 too....

That being said, I remember being your age(ish). When I was 15 I declined to buy a '53 Chev pickup...the guy who rented my father's farm land was selling it to benefit a nursing home that my great aunt was in...it wasn't my style as I was young and full of adrenaline and testosterone. My point is that phase eventually passes. I'm sure you would be kicking yourself for selling the '38 down the road. I'm sure there's nobody else at school with a more intriguing car and it is a piece of your father that is tangible to you. Now, I'm not trying to discourage you from getting a 'Cat by any stretch. I'm just suggesting you wait until you can get one as a second car.

I wish I had my parents '38 Special, they bought it as a second car in 1957 for $88 and sold it in 1971 for $75, it needed a clutch is all, well some other work, but it ran, etc. I would probably still have it, so think about what Derek said!!!

Guest ZondaC12

Hahahahahaha d'oh! A small part of me was worried that I wasn't silly enough with the post. The '38 aint goin NOWHERE. The point was in reference to *ahem* the wildcat picture posted LOL.

ooohhhhh, "that" Wildcat. Yea, you'll definitely want to shop around and find a little bit newer than a '38 model of one of those. And good luck finding a non previously owned one of them. Even a low mileage will be hard to find these days. They're out there though, good luck. Let us see what you find. :D

Do you know what Roberta drives? Your Cougar will look like it is standing still if you try to outrun her. I mean, look at her avatar for crying out loud.

Now, I think the Wildcats will all be a little bit old for you, speaking of cougars. You may want something more like a Reatta, the end of the line GN / Regal T-types, or possibly a Riviera...something sleek and sophisticated, but still beautiful. Now, if I recall correctly, you are taking engineering...if so, forget about those wild cats, concentrate on the studies, and one will find you in due course. Patience is a virtue...at least that's what us old guys like to say.

Guest ZondaC12

Hahahaha. Well for one thing...I was more referring to stevo :D but yes...good point hmmmmm. What's she got under the hood of the fastest one? The Coug' runs a 14.8 in the 1/4! Not too bad for a boat anyway.

Guest ZondaC12

Well I've only got one Cougar, I definitely wouldn't mind being able to say I've got 2 cougars, one car. idunno.gif AHEM HMMPH!!!

Ya know those wildcats are just...so cool...and they had the 401, later the 430...ya know...and all that other...stuff....I think it's time for me to unload my 38 and get a wildcat already.

You need a Wildcat ! :D

Here's Miss April from last year's Buick's and Babe's 2009 Calendar........

P8270059.jpg

Peace WildBill

Bill, you gotta stop toying with the lad...:D I mean, he's going to start thinking all Wildcats come appointed like that...or could it just be those rare GSs?

I've probably asked before, but is that code F paint on that car? That's what mine is, and it looks similar, but computer screens and digital photos can skew colours a bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well I certainly feel I would be remiss in my duties of maintaining the "Girls on Buicks" thread if I did not at this opportune time take the once in a lifetime opportunity to post this fantabulous image of the

"Beautiful Lady in the Landau"

scancrpd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lady landau....or Landau Linda....regardless it's a great pic!

So the question is....is this the same girl, or some other Roadie Rhonda?

Lamar and I have a side bet...don't we bud ;)

4818583893_9f1491d75b_z.jpg