Head's Up... at least one misbound AA magazine

gwells

I received my Jan/Feb '09 Antique Automobile today and went straight for West's editorial but... it wasn't there!!

After a few moments, I realized that my copy is misbound: the first page inside the front cover is page 13 and after page 24, there's another page 13 continuing on to a second page 24.

Obviously my particular copy is missing the first signature and is instead bound with two of the second signatures. Here's hoping mine is the only one that got stapled this way, but I kinda doubt it.

In any case, is it possible for me to request a proper copy so I can read West's editorial? LOL!!!

West is a good guy, as are all the Peterson kids. The old car gene definitely got passed along to most, if not all, of them.

The greater AACA membership probably doesn't know how lucky it has been to acquire West as the AA editor. If I had stuck with collector car publishing, maybe I'd be where he is, but it great to see West doing such a great job.

(West, I expect an email telling me when the check is in the mail. LOL!!!)

Guest windjamer

Some folks would *itch if you hung them with a new rope. I signed up 2 new members since Hershey. Both called to tell me they rec. there first new mag,One of them LAST SAT!! So here I sit with nothing to read in my cold garrage just looking at the cars and you complane about missing a page. Mine must be comeing by sled dog.

I'm always last in my region to get the magazine. I think my mail lady has gone back to using her postal yak as I don't have my mag either.

Guest boettger

Dick,

Don't dispair! The Iroquois Region Editor, Bill, got his on Monday. My magazine hasen't shown up yet, as of Wednesday's mail! frown.gifcry.gifcry.gif Maybe the sled dogs are tired and only First Class Mail is being delivered.

Guest windjamer

WoW, I think history shows the pony express was faster than todays postal service and cost less too!! ( I know I joke a lot, but this time Im serious ) So there having trouble makeing ends meet, maby if they put the stamp machines back in the post office so a person could buy a stamp with out having to stand in line they would sell a few more. A little better service might help, and just because a package is marked airborn that dont mean drop kick the sucker from the back of the truck to the front. Yes I have seen this. Shop rat Im sorry, Ill get off my soap box. On a much happer note,is there anything in the latest AA mag. about the sale of the peddel cars?

Dick, actually not. Our magazine is second class mail. We continue to explore better ways for delivery of the magazine but with second class the post office has 20 days to deliver the issue according to what they have told us.

We have some members who have told us they have gone to their post office and the magazine was in their delivery chute but just held back.

Guest windjamer

Steve, the postage may be second class, the mag. is most difanatly first class.Also I dont mean to whine, just been wateing for the final story on the pedal cars since Oct.

It should be noted that we ADDED an extra 16 pages to this issue to accommodate the special 18-page pedal car section . There is still the normal number of regular feature stories (if there is such thing as a normal number of them) for those who are not interested in reading about how all those pedal cars were built.

Guest windjamer

I finaly got mine today.I can only say its more than anyone could ask for. Steve and West you have put togather the best ever magizne. Each one seems better than the last, I dont see how you can top this one. Two thumbs up guys.

The lop-eared postal mule brought ours today. It must have been sick sick.gif yesterday because there was no mail then but a pile of it today. We were home all day and that critter never went through.

I have only gotten to see the cover but that was beautiful. Hopefully I can pry it out of Bill's grubby paws soon. smile.gif

I got mine yesterday. I have read just about everything in it. It was difficult to put down. It is easier to be able to read when you have kids in the house who also receive a copy so more than one person in the house can read it at the same time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Note to Shoprat!

Next year, renew subcription early, replace name on label with:

Mrs. Susan W. Linden! wink.gif

Wayne </div></div>

Hmmmm, then he would have to turn it over since it is a felony to open other people's mail. smirk.gif Thanks Wayne. laugh.gif

Postal yak is out sick. I'm still waiting. I suspect it's that darn Lawrence at the post office who is in our Mopar club reading our car magazines again!!! He's half crazy & most likely to go postal, so I guess I gotta wait. frown.gif

Just to note to let folks know that Steve came through for me. I got a replacement Antique Automobile on Friday and was able to read West's excellent editorial. (And was very sorry to hear about the passing of the Marmon's owner, Ron Barnett).

Thanks for the great service, Steve!

Can I blame the misbound mag on West? LOL!!!

Dang, you got your<span style="font-style: italic"> <span style="font-weight: bold">REPLACEMENT </span></span>magazine and I'm still waiting for mine?!? frown.gif And you live further south (and further away from the mailing point)???? frown.giffrown.gif

Moepar,

Your local mail delivery is your problem, not the AACA. Second class mail is, I believe, delivered on a lower level of priority than first class mail. And Steve's replacement mag came to me via first class mail.

As we used to say tell folks at Car Collector, every mailed issue went into the stream at the same time...

gwells -

It just burns my shorts when the guy a mile from me, same mail person, gets their issue a week to 10 days sooner. It doesn't compute. . .

But what are ya gonna do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moepar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> But what are ya gonna do. </div></div>

Well, first off, you should have a talk with the Post Master at your local P.O. and ask them what is going on. The carrier can only deliver what is given to them by the folks that sort the mail.

If the Post Master finds out that the magazines are being put into the slots on the same day (which they may be arriving on different days) for you and the neighbor but you are getting yours way later, then you need to have a conversation with the carrier to see what the problem is.

We have sent greeting cards out to family members where there are two to four envelopes going to the same address. Sometimes they arrive together, some times they are as much as three days apart. If they all must arrive together we put them all into a larger envelope and send that.

Could be a case like some of our mail people here that are too lazy and don't want to bother with the "extra" mail, so to lighten there load for the day throw some of it in the bin bound for Greensboro to be sorted and it'll be be back in a day or two.

They have gotten better about things in the past year. That's about the length of time my dad's AA and mine come on the same or next day instead of about a week apart.

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmmm, then he would have to turn it over since it is a felony to open other people's mail.</div></div>Susan, I'd open up that magazine. If you get caught, and you end up staring at the judge, just plead <span style="font-style: italic">'not guilty by reason of insanity' </span>All you have to do is tell the judge that you are crazy about the Antique Automobile. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

If the judge knows anything about car collectors, he/she will know that you're nuts to begin with. crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: novaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could be a case like some of our mail people here that are too lazy and don't want to bother with the "extra" mail, so to lighten there load for the day throw some of it in the bin bound for Greensboro to be sorted and it'll be be back in a day or two. </div></div>

I had a part-time summer job as a mail sorter years ago at a big mail processing facility in Hartford, CT. I specifically recall how they'd always have us work first on sorting the first-class mail. Then, if we had time when we were done with first class, then they'd have us work on the second, third, etc., class stuff. And then if it didn't get finished, it was no big deal to leave it for the next shift. So, my guess is that if the AA magazines are not getting mailed first class, then there would (or should) be a reasonable expectation for at least somewhat inconsistent delivery performance.