Has There Ever Been....

R W Burgess

.... a study conducted on the amount of <span style="font-weight: bold">lost time work production</span> because of this web site and its production of useless, whoops, USEFUL information? crazy.gifsmile.gif

(reference the "broken wrist medical term" thread!) eek.gifgrin.gif

Personally, I haven't done a lick of work, since I've been home. Wait, I did get a bath. Does that count? blush.gif

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... Wait, I did get a bath. blush.gif

Wayne

</div></div>

Is it that time of year already?

Hey, I enjoy asking useless questions! I'm an engineer, you know, get paid to do that. Actually, I had a specific reason to ask that specific question, as I needed a specific answer for a personal project. I could have asked something really obscure, such as what mid-30's car had a speedometer cable that spun counter-clockwise when viewed from the speedometer head? Or which 1917 car used a piece of fabric as a universal joint behind the transmission? David Coco Winchester Va.

Guest Debby Soucia

I am supposed to be doing book work, look where I am.:):)

I had to check that Hershey thread!

So I feel it not a lost of time,just learning more!

Thats my story and I am sticking to it!

Deby

When I broke my arm cranking the Autocar I had to tell the med student in the OR to go look up Chauffeur's Fracture in the med library (this was pre-internet) since he had no idea whatsoever what "crank starting" a car meant and the morphine prevented me from explaining it to him clearly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trimacar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I enjoy asking useless questions! I'm an engineer, you know, get paid to do that. Actually, I had a specific reason to ask that specific question, as I needed a specific answer for a personal project. I could have asked something really obscure, such as what mid-30's car had a speedometer cable that spun counter-clockwise when viewed from the speedometer head? Or which 1917 car used a piece of fabric as a universal joint behind the transmission? David Coco Winchester Va. </div></div>

I'm guessiung CORD or another FWD of the era, The fabric Cardon Joints were used on a lot of European cars as well. I remember making them out of conveyor belting for Bugatti restorations.

I just mentioned them as obscure facts, much like the Chaufffeur's fracture. I had a long explanation once from a dear departed friend about how his Auburn had a speedometer cable that spun in the opposite direction, and he couldn't figure out why the cables he put in kept failing (steel was wound the wrong way??). And the 1917 Reo touring that I once owned had a fabric universal joint, but as you say, am sure there were plenty of makes like that. The Reo also had a brake/cluth combination pedal, halfway to the floor clutch, all the way brake. That took some getting used to! David Coco Winchester Va.

Guest windjamer

Wayne you compleatly disapointed me. I made a whole gal. of Viet-Nam jungle juice just for you cause you said you wanted the hard stuff and you never showed up. Thats all right, I voted for you anyway.

Free <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Homemade</span></span></span></span> Ice Cream! laugh.gif

Wowabunger's(SIC) Flea Site....free ice cream, free internet access! whistle.gifsmile.gif

PS, forgot to mention, you turn the "crank"! grin.gif

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PS, forgot to mention, you turn the "crank"! grin.gif

Wayne </div></div>

At least we wouldn't have to worry about going to the ER with a forearm fracture like they are talking about on another thread. wink.gifgrin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Free Homemade Ice Cream!</div></div>Wayne was already <span style="font-style: italic">melted</span> from pushing cars at the RM Auction. He would've been too tired to eat ice cream (along with the rest of us).

Wayne, There ain't enough o's in smoooooooooooooooth to describe the ice cream. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Even had fresh strawberries to go with it!!

Reminded me of being a kid and cranking that freezer until dad finally bought and electric one. Been years since I've cranked one.

Thanks for the nice compliments Novaman on the icecream...! Rumor is that someone has volunteered a 2nd icecream maker for next year so this time there will be extras.

All the walking, the cooking and the making of icecream from scratch... well it's taken me half a week to recover. My yard is still full of parts, tents, manequins and even the icecream maker is still outside all waiting to be put into storage.... looks like a tornado hit the place.

So... after a few years of moving around the dates/times of the unofficial DF'er meeting I've settled in on Thursday night at 7pm. With several of my pals leaving on Friday, I'm now holding the wifi/icecream social on Thursdays at 7pm. Cranking of the icecream starts at about 7pm... and if you help and crank the tub of tasty wonder... that of course pushes you to the front of the line...!

Randy,

One of the members in the Houston chapter of the AACA has an old hit and miss engine mounted on a trailer connected to a shaft. Through a series of gears and belts it finally turns two large Ice cream makers. It makes good ice cream in a short period of time and with none of the work on our part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wowabunga</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So... after a few years of moving around the dates/times of the unofficial DF'er meeting I've settled in on Thursday night at 7pm. With several of my pals leaving on Friday, I'm now holding the wifi/icecream social on Thursdays at 7pm. Cranking of the icecream starts at about 7pm... and if you help and crank the tub of tasty wonder... that of course pushes you to the front of the line...!</div></div>

Randy, I will try to remember to add that next year to the Printable List of DFrs going to Hershey 2009.

By the way, did any of you use that list to find people like I did?