Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by Smartin

  1. Let the blocking begin…
  2. I may end up just getting wide white radials, since the Coker Classic bias plies are on back order until October. Still working on ordering a set of SOMETHING just to get this car more reliable. The date code (at least what I think it is) on the tires is 2003. In other news, we have new exhaust!
  3. Long shot here, but is it possible a head gasket isn't correct, and blocking a passage?
  4. Roger thought the same thing I am...I'm not sure how the water pump is set up inside, but could it be possible that the impeller is sheared, or something is amiss inside? Is there a way to plumb an inline electric pump in? I wish I could be there to help out. I'm sure most of us do, as we sit here and read of your situation.
  5. There is nothing that jumps out in the pics that the car was hacked up. Inside trunk looks to be just the sloppy glue and seam sealer I typically see. One would have to get up close and personal to make sure it hasn't had a bunch of mud work. Looks like a pretty good driver.
  6. Doors, fenders, and hood are all stripped and hosed down with black epoxy. Slight delay getting the car up to the body shop…silver 70 GS conv is in the way and I can’t move it until it goes away for conv top install.
  7. The top mount on 57 is different than 58
  8. Kool! Red it is, then.
  9. I should know the answer to this question, but I don't. Are red wheels INCORRECT for a 58? I think this car would look good with them. But before I go crazy powdercoating, I wanted to get the right answer. Trying to order a set of Coker Classics. It's unfortunate that this is the only tire with correct dimensions. And the price has cone up significantly in the last several months. $257 each!
  10. I’ve come to the realization that projects like this are not for me. I have zero time for a job of this size that doesn’t pay 😬 With the 58 I bought a couple weeks ago, it will allow me to be able to enjoy the car while I tinker with it. So, that said, I am loosely assembling the big pieces of this car so I can sell it in the near future. While assembling, I realized that there is a pretty significant amount of parts that are missing…and I’ll likely have to make some sort of deal for the parts car with the sale of the Roadmaster.
  11. LOL! I just finished peeling around my neck from the burn I got last week. But I would definitely pay extra for that weather if we could somehow figure out how to make that happen..
  12. Fuel line is 5/16. I don't remember off hand if one side of the car is LH lugs or not. Usually the bolts have a large L stamped on the head if so. And the front bolts are longer because of the aluminum drums.
  13. Rocker repair on the driver side scares me...look at the rear lower corner just in front of the wheel.. Also what appears to be a lack of front fender-to-rocker seam. It has mysteriously disappeared. For someone who wants to drive the wheels off the car, it would be fun.
  14. Here is a more direct link: https://www.autocityclassic.com/1957-1958-estate-wagon-series-century-60-4682sd-4482-4682/
  15. Try Auto City Classic...they have a ton of stuff. I buy pretty regularly from them. https://www.autocityclassic.com/classic-auto-glass/
  16. I got a close look at 364nailhead's 57 on Friday night, and it's an excellent example of a Roadmaster. Very clean and well put together.
  17. Likewise Brian...always a pleasure!
  18. I'm gonna chime in and steal the thread from Lance. On the way to Auburn on Thursday, I stopped at his house while he was gone and stole it out of his driveway. It came home with us today. We are super happy to have another 58 to drive! And the bumpers are gorgeous...both are rechromed. I picked up some rechromed taillight housings for it, too. I think "Miss Piggy" will be its name. First order(s) of business: Massive exhaust leak at manifold-to-header pipe connection on passenger side Holley carb swap back to stock with gas pedal start Maybe a power wash of the engine compartment Tires (feels like I've spent $10k on tires in the last 3 years...maybe I should stop buying cars? Nahh) Long term goals: New front seat fabric replacement (material is on order) New headliner Power window switch issues or something....rear windows don't work at all. Pass side front only works with master switch. Mucho paint touchup and some panel alignment Rocker panels are beat up a bit...and the moldings are hanging on by a thread. Not rotten, just not attached well. Horn needs repair inside the column As a result of this, the 57 Roadmaster coupe (white one) will need to go. Surprised, no? I just don't have time for a big project like that. I am going to cobble it together somewhat and list it on fleabay when I get the title situation worked out.
  19. I saw someone on the highway heading west on 70 this morning…stopped in Brazil IL for fuel, and as we were leaving, we saw his car sitting at a pump! We were already headed out of the gas station otherwise would have stopped and chatted. We made it home with no problems.
  20. It was done by a place in MN called Bobs Transmission Midwest I think….I just dumped all the pieces into Jim Hughes’ truck here in Auburn yesterday. He’s going to make it whole again. My local shop tore it apart and found metal in the fluid. Wiped out front pump and some other not so pretty things.
  21. It is a script that reads “Ratmaster”
  • Create New...