Jump to content

Smartin

Members
  • Content Count

    4,545
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by Smartin

  1. I assembled all of the hardware onto the new glass today. I got a hardware kit from Todd, which includes a good portion of new parts, but some I had to reuse from the old glass. I'm really glad we got new glass for this car. The old stuff was so scratched up and worn out...would've been a bummer to install it on such a nice car.
  2. It's the little things sometimes...
  3. I started installing door guts yesterday. I forget how much crap is bolted to these doors, until I have to remove ,clean, paint, grease, from the old door to the new door. The original glass to the car was really worn and scratched up. I ended up ordering a set of side glass from Auto City Classic. I had already ordered a windshield from Summit (Pilkington date coded). The side glass will be here in a couple weeks. Not sure on the windshield. Here's a really exciting picture of what appears to be no progress, but it represents about 6 hours of fiddling with parts a
  4. It's called Spectra Chrome...Jay Leno featured it a few years ago on one of his short videos. A local guy that I know bought into it and offers it now. He wanted me to partner up as his painter but I don't have time for it. This is going to be a bit of a guinea pig project for both of us.
  5. Inner and outer AC boxes, and all associated doodads are cleaned up and installed. Still need to buy some flex duct to connect the boxes. The firewall insulation was a pain in the arse to get the pins through the firewall. Seemed like that took more time than anything else. All pedal assemblies are installed. I started to get some wiring in. Threaded the power window harnesses through the doors and roughly hung the dash harness. Mounted the fuse block and left everything else hanging for now...until I can get the instrument cluster back from my spray chrome guy.
  6. Let it sit for a few weeks, not days....before cutting and buffing. A month if you can handle waiting.
  7. That might be an understatement 😬 These parts are all from the parts car I bought last November in KS. It had a complete dashboard and AC system that this car needed badly. Pretty sure it was a complete mouse community before I got it.
  8. Now starts all the little fun stuff...
  9. When I painted the underside of the trunk lid, it seemed like it was a touch too green. I didn't pursue the issue until I could get it into some good light. Well, it was. So some adjustments were made at the supply store (thank god they were open yesterday) and we have what I can safely say is as close as I could get to the original color. There was some original paint left on the top inside of the doors, but it wasn't true to the color because it was somewhat thin. So, here we are. I shot the base late yesterday, and got up early this morning and hosed a bunch of clear on it
  10. I started using 3M dry guide coat to be able to see where I have been a lot easier. I hate getting a panel all dried off and finding that I have to do it all over again because I only got about 2/3 of the orange peel out.
  11. Looks like he vaulted his ceiling. The shortest QUALITY 2-post lift I could find was a Challenger SA10. My ceilings are just shy of 12', and I have about 2" of clearance after installed.
  12. FYI the Heartland regional meet is still on schedule in St. Louis Sept 10-12. https://stlouisbuickclub.net/
  13. I fixed the fender...got them both hung on the rotisserie ends in the position that they will hang on the car. Hoping for paint on Saturday evening into Sunday morning!
  14. 2 post lifts require 12' ceilings
  15. Looks great, Mud! Don't sweat the orange peel. It is never going to lay completely flat. For wet sanding, start with 1000 grit wrapped around a Durablock like the one in the photo I am attaching (using a block like this eliminates those "ripples" created when using your bare hands). Then move to 2000. Use your palm for the curved areas. If you want to go further, it just makes buffing easier. Depending on your buffing method, other grits may be used. But 3000 is as far as I go, on a DA hook and loop disc. I use a rotary buffer. I do see a lot of people moving to orbital b
  16. With all of the dry times in between coats and stages, and cleaning guns, that's probably not unrealistic.
  17. It is very pretty! I final sanded the passenger fender today, only to find a large low area running along the middle length of the fender. Compared it with the other fender...definitely a low spot. So, I worked it out, but I now have to start over with body work on this fender. Bummer, since I was shooting to have paint done this weekend. This will put me behind (hopefully) about a week.
  18. It is supposed to be. The doors still have original paint on them inside the jambs, so I will confirm. But it looks very close.
  19. With the amount of miles that will likely be put on this car, I would grease it and put it together. My 60 also had a squeak at neighborhood speeds (25mph)...U-joint wasn't dust, but it was dry as a bone and ready for replacement.
  20. Fenders and hood are in 2K primer...color is near! Possibly this weekend.
  21. The tick sounds like an exhaust leak...maybe it's the video sound...
×
×
  • Create New...