All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Maybe not, but either beats the snot out of stuffing a big block Chevy or, worse, an LS derivative in it.😛 OP, a cam that requires that RPM range to make its power is going to be hard to live with on the street. Or is this TransAM going drag racing?
  3. does anybody know where i can get a 1960s under the dash a/c unit rebuilt at?
  4. Yeah I already dosed it with PB blaster before and tried hammering socket bits on with little success now. I’m glad you understand me it’s hard and irritating for me how easily I could have avoided situations like this
  5. back row, left to right, Stephanie Machnik, Ron De Groff, Justin DeFiore, John Ross. Front row, yours truly, Sharon Summer, and Mike Hyrhorenko. Lilac Parade, Rochester NY, May 11th, 2024. Johns 55 Roadmaster
  6. It's nothing GM would have made. GM/Buick never called the engine a nailhead. It was the Fireball V8.
  7. You are correct, I stand corrected. The jest of the comment was however " Either the 455 Olds or 455 Pontiac engines do not belong in a 1979 Trans Am".
  8. We see so many beat up, molested, high production, pieces of crap on here all the time. I love this because it has an unmolested feel to it, it is incredibly rare, it is cool, and it is cheap. I can’t decide if I like this better, or the Elcar that was for sale
  9. I did get the one of my old engine block off and that’s the thread size up close
  10. The nickel is back from the plater (well, most of it). Now we begin working on subassemblies. It's coming along.
  11. "As Seen On TV", Some "assembly required", batteries not included 🤣
  12. I have a 1936 Standard 8 Packard with Own Dyneto generator. It does not put out current, but generator motors good during generator motor test. I have replaced the brushes, brush springs, and have bypassed the regulator by grounding the field wire. (It has an externally grounded field.) The battery stays at 12.1 volts and head lights do not get brighter when engine is revved up with regulator bypassed. It is 11.6 volts with the headlights on (even at about 2500 revs.). I have gone through the manual and checked the armature and field for opens and shorts. I have tried different locations for the 3rd brush and have polarized the generator. I have run it about an hour and the brushes seem to be seated well. Any Ideas what could be wrong?
  13. Try Wildcat Auto in Sandy, Oregon or French Lake Auto Parts.
  14. So which one would I exactly use you said it looks like a 1/8 so would I just use the one that best fits inside it?
  15. I was quoted around $800 to have the radiator for my '64 recored with a four row core. It will definately fit.
  16. Rear only. The space under the dash was taken up with a/c controls
  1. Load more activity