All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. As an update! Once the Buick was on the road, I was still having issues. So I replaced them with good old incandescent globes and don’t have a problem. I lost that many hours of redoing what I had already done! Any way, when I am bored and have nothing else to do in life, I may revisit them 😢😢😢😢😢
  3. I believe it was sold. To who and for what price - I don’t know. Jim
  4. No, not God. However, engineers have done one heck of a job improving combustion engines that once spewed more unburned fuel than exhaust from tailpipe to mostly water. Improved solar panels. Windmill design, Hydro-electric and nuclear. It will not stop there.
  5. Leaving Sat Morning for North Carolina Tour will be driving our 66 ply conv. Hope we have good weather so we can get time with the top down . Kings32
  6. Al, thank you for getting back to me, my friend is asking $65.00 for it, says thats what he paid for it, again thank you!
  7. When I purchased my 1917 D45, It had the 6 volt fuel pump and regulator mounted back close to the tank. They soldered and redrilled the inlet fitting to vacuum tank to restrict flow. Then they replaced the tank vent with a return line to the gas tank. fuel recirculates but the tank is always at atmospheric pressure. My experience with the regulators on the fuel systems is that they do not hold a consistent pressure in the 1 to 2 psi settings. Bob Engle
  8. NOT MINE Muscle memory: Stunning collection of 110 vintage American muscle cars, including a 1978 Pontiac 'Smokey and the Bandit-Style' Trans AM, will be auctioned in the fall after being hidden for 40 years Coyote Johnson, 65, has been collecting some of America's most desirable cars since he was 16-years-old One car included in auction that's set for September is a 1978 Pontiac 'Smokey and the Bandit-Style' Trans AM Collection has never been seen by the public and includes Chevelle's, GTO's and Mopars from '60s and '70s Despite the massive auction, Johnson said that he will select a few of the gems to keep for himself One of those includes his precious 1969 Roadrunner, the car he keeps in the garage at his Iowa home
  9. great deal! wish you had some for my 31................
  10. Engineers will solve the climate change. well, if you think they are God, then perhaps..................
  11. This was standard practice for Microsoft back in the '90s and earlier. Vapourware it was called. Promise then delay. Then delay some more... and more. Hence the "new" Uber style taxi service with no drivers, that will be using customers cars? sounds like a stretch, but cant fault Musk on coming up with ideas.....
  12. Kathy Ireland commercial for Macys fur vault
  13. Today
  14. I have owned this since 1991. Very good condition. Runs and drives great. Transmission is the 700R4. Interior better than most. Headliner has a few small issues. Dash has some cracks. Front filler over the front bumper suffered from sun and has deterioration, will need a new one. Never smashed and very minor rust spots. I did install new door weatherstripping but did not glue them. I did not glue the because I thought I would get to restoring the car. I can send more pictures to interested buyers. I would like to get 6500.00 Thanks Tony
  15. I have taken off and replaced on my own the hood from my Dodge 8, but it was hard work. It is much more sensible to have two of you on the job to control it. The Dodge has nuts inside for those screws at the back. On mine, the front hold-down is rivetted to the radiator surround so you have to remove that back piece.
  16. CI-4 diesel oil has the highest ZDDP. CJ-4 slightly less. Richard Widman discusses it in his paper: https://www.widman.biz/Corvair/English/Links/Oil.html
  17. https://www.stangerssite.com/honeodrive.html says this, inter alia, "In the late 1960's, Fred Hone marketed and sold the Hone-O-Drive, an overdrive unit he had been developing for four years. Opening the Hone Manufacturing Company in Santa Fe Springs, California, Fred designed and built this self-contained, fully lubricated, 2-speed synchromesh planetary transmission that is manually shifted from 1:1 Direct Drive to a 1.43:1 (or 1.47:1, depending on which article you read) Overdrive. This effectively changed a car with a 4.11 rear axle ratio into one with a 2.87 ratio. Engagement/disengagement is supposed to be available at any time with no neutral or freewheeling. You just ease off the throttle for a moment, to lighten the drivetrain load, and then move the shift lever." The web site has these pictures (and others): Model 100 fitted to Ford 8" differential.
  18. Need to sell. asking $15,000 cash... Offers.....Land line ...Phone calls only 740-692-9526
  19. She’s all back together and I got it undercoated this afternoon and will get the top coat on tomorrow after a sand. Just want to say thank you to Richard and BOb for some assembly tips along the way , they have been a great help to me. I’ll try get it back in the car in the up coming week and hopefully get it running as long as I haven’t screwed anything up putting it together.
  20. This is what I bought and stuck it on the original mirror.
  21. It is such a beautiful original car! It deserves to be cherished for at least the next hundred years. Sadly, I don't think that is the way our world is going. Just another comment about those beautiful tires! I don't remember the whole story, or all the details. However, as I recall from reading about 40 years ago, I think it was 1948. The hobby and civilian life was ramping up and getting back to normal. I think it was the VMCCA that was trying to get the revival Glidden Tours going. One of the problems the hobby faced was a lack of really good tires for "our" antiques. Bad enough that many of the sizes had not been manufactured for a decade or two, tens of thousands (probably closer to millions!) of perfectly good obsolete sizes had been donated to the rubber drives for the war! Hundreds (thousands?) of nice antique automobiles sat in barns and garages on bare rims. Several of the big-time early collectors (as I recall, Jame Melton was specifically mentioned?) approached Firestone who still had many of the original molds for the "NON-SKID" tires. Firestone provided (for a cost of course!) new NON-SKID tires in a wide range of sizes. They continued to make and sell them for a few years into the 1950s. I never heard why they stopped, however, by the late '50s, other companies stepped up to manufacture antique car size tires. I would bet a dollar to a dozen donuts that those tires are some from the post WWII runs. Even at that, those tires themselves have some historic value. And, THANK YOU AACA! For this wonderful forum, and all both you and the VMCCA have done for this wonderful hobby for so many years. The VMCCA and AACA have shared the Glidden Tour Revivals for many years now. A priceless legacy in and of itself.
  22. Thanks Mike! It seems that I forgot to write that the lower part of the gas tank is removed. This is the reason why the tank on the picture is strange looking. Plus, the remaining part is not centered on the underbody. It's that way because I have to continue the electrical job.
  23. Most models had a Parts list, and a set of mechanical drawings, and an owners manual. Originals are rare and generally very well used.
  24. Keiser31, you are not the only one. Nearly every post from Roger just amazes me, the detail is just unbelievable.
  25. I may be the strange one. I have never really been drawn to fire trucks a whole lot. However, I truly appreciate anything that old in really original condition! That truck is wonderful! And your pictures of the interior bring back so many memories. My family had a whole bunch of Chevrolet and GMC trucks so many years ago. I did a lot of my learning to drive in several of them. I drove hundreds of miles in a '54 GMC ton and a half lineman's extension ladder truck! It had a small bucket to stand in at the top. I was using the ladder for service repairs before I could legally drive (NO hydraulics in those days, the ladder was raised and extended, positioned and handled all by pure brawn!). My dad had a two-ton Chevy flatbed, several panel/service trucks, pickups, among others in the family that I also drove. But what caught my eye? The Motorola radio. I still remember the call signals used in the television service business. K-M-K, 2-4-2, Mobile two to base (or mobile six or?). And, to keep this connected. We (my family) were headed to a family visit when we spotted a car fire just starting up going the other direction. My dad swung our car up onto the next overpass (we were just outside our normal range from the base, and needed the added elevation). My dad then radioed the base, to call for a firetruck. After making contact, we got back onto the freeway (one of the few in the greater San Francisco Bay Area at that time!) and headed to where the car had pulled off the road, its trailer almost fully engulfed at that point. He then unhooked the trailer before the fire could spread to the towing car, just as the firetruck arrived to extinguish the trailer, which was a total loss. It may not be "brass era" or "nickel age", but that truck is a wonderful, and so very excellent original, piece of history! I hope you enjoy it for a long time while you figure out what to do with it.
  1. Load more activity