Inspired by Keiser

Ozstatman

• 4 weeks later...

Friend of mine called today and said: "Have a look in the street around the corner from my house". Did that and found his '37 Packard Super Eight Club Sedan parked there! He and his wife were returning from a "drive" to Victoria and back, about 1,000kms each way. They'd been to the Christmas Party put on by the Victorian Region of the Packard Automobile Club of Australia last weekend, and are now making their way home. The weekend prior to that they attended the Christmas Party put on by the New South Wales region of the club, a mere 150km round trip. While in October the travelled to South Australia for a Packard Rally, 1,500+kms each way plus the runs on the rally. This Packard was bought out a Museum in the US about 9 years ago and since then has made many trips to Victoria, South Australia, Queensland and many, many shorter trips. Definitely not a trailer queen, it is almost a daily driver. In fact before the owner moved north of Sydney a few years back he drove it daily from his home to his workshop where he worked on various Packards of his own and on those of others. This trip was a commute through Sydney peak hour traffic, but only a mere 10kms each way. Will be catching up with them tonight for dinner.

Big Red.JPG

Big Red2.JPG

Big Red3.JPG

Big Red4.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

On this mornings constitutional saw this "big' Healey. However I didn't have my 9 yo granddaughter along at the time, so the photos taken by iphone leave a lot to the imagination. Have a soft spot for Healeys, my brother having had a 100/6 and my sister a 100/4 back in the 60's!

Nearly Healey.JPG

Nearly Healey2.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2017 at 11:30 PM, Ozstatman said:

Saw this in front of me in Mittagong yesterday, then it turned left!

59 Caddy Convertible 4.JPG

Hey! It looks to me like this 59 Caddy still has its steering wheel on the "Correct" side. LOL

John,

Thanks for the identification. But.....I notice the pic you posted has round rumbleseat lid corners while the ones I posted are square. Could be because its an Aussie built body? Also notice the mudguard(fender) step in your pic is further forward than the one in my pic, putting aside the obvious difference that mine is on the left side while yours is on the right. But, in your pic, I love the swoopy looking step plate just forward of the rear bumper

Edited by Ozstatman (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Ozstatman said:

John,

Thanks for the identification. But.....I notice the pic you posted has round rumbleseat lid corners while the ones I posted are square. Could be because its an Aussie built body? Also notice the mudguard(fender) step in your pic is further forward than the one in my pic, putting aside the obvious difference that mine is on the left side while yours is on the right. But, in your pic, I love the swoopy looking step plate just forward on the rear bumper

I was not really identifying it as a Hudson....just the rear fenders. It looks like many different pieces put together.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lump said:

That's an Australian "UTE," which is short for "Utility Vehicle," I believe. 

Yup, late model, don't know enough to be able to identify it specifically. But they aren't making anymore 'cause the Holden plant closed last year. ALL our vehicles are now imported.

Link to more images of Holden Utes - https://www.google.com.au/search?q=holden+ute&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU753AU753&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjqzZ2_ovfZAhUCWrwKHeP0CKsQsAQIOg&biw=2049&bih=919

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Roger Walling said:

I can't believe someone would park a Hispano Suiza  on the street!

It was a public holiday and these pic's were taken after a parade.

Saying that, it was only a couple of weeks ago that I saw it out on the open road! 

• 2 weeks later...